Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot help in MA/NH area

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DFoster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFoster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barefoot help in MA/NH area
    Posted: June-07-2013 at 10:25pm
I am hoping some CCF footers can help me out. My daughter, Zoe, saw someone footing last year and has decided that she wants to do it.

Her 12th birthday is coming up in July and I am trying to find someone in the MA/NH area who might have a boom and a kids suit that would be interesting in giving her a lesson for her birthday. She can wakeboard and wakesurf and doesn't have much fear, so I think she could really do it with the right instruction.

I would be glad to provide coffee/gas money/beer in compensation. If I can't work something out in July, I am planning to get her to the CCF mini in CT in August.

I'm glad to use my SV211 if that works, but I don't have a boom or a clue on how to barefoot.

Doug
Proud owner of my first Nautique! A 2004 SV-211. Always looking for "extra ballst" for wakeboarding or surfing ;-)
bbishop1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2013 at 12:15am
Hey Doug,just sent you a e mail regarding the lake.Saw your post here.I just picked up a 90' Ski Nautique with a boom that i will not use.If interested let me know
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2013 at 12:28am
Doug,

I am really pleased to hear that you and your family are going to the CCF Mini reunion on Goshen, CT in August. Hopefully you and she will enjoy it as much as we all will. There will be lots of barefoot teachers there for helping her to really make some progress and there will be enough equipment for her to use, including boats and booms. My nephew Tim and my family arrange the weekend plus at our Lake House and with all of the attendees and teachers it will definitely give her the skills and confidence to continue. She will be so proud of herself!!

I know that there will be others including Mr. Tim Morefoot that I have promised to help, but I am most willing help a new barefooter anytime!! I have taught many to ski and barefoot including all of my kids and I am working on my grandkids now.

Looking forward to a fun time, and any skills she can learn between now and then involving skiing on skis can only help the progress.

Thanks, Todd
DFoster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFoster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2013 at 11:10am
Todd,
How important is it for her to have a barefoot suit? Is that something I should try to find? She has a tiny little wetsuit already and I am trying not to buy too much gear until I know she is actually interested.

Brian, I did get your other e-mail. I don't think that boom would work on my boat as mine is a v-drive. I've looked at a tower boom, but my CFO/wife doesn't want to approve that expense now.
Proud owner of my first Nautique! A 2004 SV-211. Always looking for "extra ballst" for wakeboarding or surfing ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2013 at 11:35am
Doug,

At her weight and speed, a good idea and could be helpful, but not essential. It does build their confidence and tells them something is going to be different. Just email me a week before to remind me to bring some down that have a chance of fitting her.

Todd
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2013 at 2:09pm
This is the life
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2013 at 6:56pm
Not cheap, but ski shoes really helped by 12 year old one week ago. Steve Watkin's 10 year old also was able to foot with the shoes. They are hard to find used in the proper size. Also, bring a small wake board for the CT Mini. She can use this to sit on ( between legs) to start on the boom.

Some teachers will use a swing, some will use the shoes, everyone there is several ways to get it done. Barefoot Central.com sells new shoes. Last Saturday, I taught five foster kids how to wakeboard or ski off of a boom. The boom is the best tool ever to bring small kids to watersports. They are available on craig's list used . Vee Drive Booms are going to require more searching.

JMO,

Donsld
rfarkash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfarkash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2013 at 7:09pm
Still got that boom? I would be interested. I'm not too far away and can drive there whenever is convienient.
Thx
Ron
Ron 1989 Ski Nautique
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2013 at 8:10pm
the World Barefoot Center (WBC's) shoe skis are better than Barefoot Central's (BFC's) shoe skis IMO.
This is the life
DFoster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFoster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Got Tiques Got Tiques wrote:

Doug,

At her weight and speed, a good idea and could be helpful, but not essential. It does build their confidence and tells them something is going to be different. Just email me a week before to remind me to bring some down that have a chance of fitting her.

Todd

Todd, are you still going to the CT Mini? Can you bring down a kids barefoot suit? I think her current shortie is a girls 10.

Doug
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 5:48pm
Doug, I think I saw you signed up for the CT mini. That'll be a great place to get her going. I'm hoping to learn some stuff too.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 7:48pm
Doug, I'll put the small B'foot suit into my boat for the Mini. I'll be there the whole time. You are more than welcome to use it for her. Never know the fit until she tries it on.

Todd
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 11:06pm
Todd, our family is going to the CT mini as well and my 11 yr old son just told me he would try to barefoot....... If I try as well! Game on!!!! Looks like its going to be a very busy weekend!
Old school goin back to school!
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2013 at 11:54pm
Doug-
I don't have a kids suit to fit your needs, but definitely have a boom and would love to teach you/ your youngsters to foot.

I'm in MA- drop me an email bradharper4@gmail.com

-Brad
DFoster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFoster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2013 at 11:18am
Brad,

Will you be at the CT reunion? If not, I will reach out to yout after and let you know how it went.

Thanks for reaching out. Doug
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic