NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone Need Teak Lumber

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone Need Teak Lumber
    Posted: February-15-2006 at 7:51pm
I talked to this guy tonight that has 6 tons of old teak for sale. I am trying to negotiate a price for some of it. If I can get more people interested I might be able to get a better price. He is asking $10 a board foot, which is a good price, but I think he would do better if I buy more. I know there were some postings asking about teak lumber and people were talking about that IPE, this stuff is supposed to be very good quality old teak. It is used and does have paint on one side but its 7/8" thick. If anyone is interested, let me know. I would like to buy it in bulk and get a better price. Of course after I got it, there would be a shipping issue, but if the price is right shipping may not be an issue.

By the way, I think the pieces he has measures 7/8" X 4 1/2 X ?.

Let me know...
Scott
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2006 at 12:52pm
That pricing is slightly less than I can get it for locally from a hardwood importer where I live. And I wouldn't have the painted side to deal with, or have to rip it to width if I were going to use it for a platform or trim.

I'd say it would be a good deal at 4 bucks or so a board-foot.

IPE is an excellent choice. I put in a permanent dock last summer, approximately 400 sq. feet, and I decked it all in 2 x 6 IPE planks. It is just incredible to look at and will last forever.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2006 at 2:07pm
Good price, can you give me your source. Iwant to build a platform, in teak.

Thanks
Scott
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2006 at 4:06pm
<www.bristolvalley.com>

All kinds of stuff there. If you have any specific questions on lengths, widths or thicknesses, give the proprietor a call. His name is Joe Jackson. Good guy. Sends this stuff all over the country.

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2006 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

All kinds of stuff there. If you have any specific questions on lengths, widths or thicknesses, give the proprietor a call.

And here I thought this was a boating site
BKH
Livin' the Dream

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2006 at 4:37pm
My wife says, size doesn't matter
Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic