NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Driver's seat loose

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Driver's seat loose
    Posted: July-02-2013 at 12:19pm
My buddy decided to sit on the back of my drivers chair with his feet on the seat cushion the other day when I let him drive it. Obviously I saw red when he did this.

When I was cleaning up the boat the other day I noticed the seat had some slop in it where the seat bolts to the plate that is mounted to the floor.

Do I need to remove this plate to tighten the bolts that hold the seat to it or is there a different way to remove the seat or tighten the bolts?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2013 at 12:24pm
Sorry not all of us memorize what boat(s) everyone has. Have you even looked underneath? Pictures are also a huge help, even if they're not yours.
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2013 at 12:46pm
From his other post, it is a 1992. Not sure what though. I can't remember what the driver's seat setup was for my 92 Sport.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2013 at 2:26pm
Sorry guys, it's a '92 CCSN. I don't have any pics of the seat bracket at the moment.
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2013 at 2:51pm
i just took mine apart sunday(93 sn)lift up drivers seat bottom .4 bolts hold seat to sliders.unbolt and lift seat off.sliders may be low on grease one side of mine would slide and the other would not put new grease in and both sides slide now.i also thought seat was broken.it was sitting crooked .beacuse rail was stuck.
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2013 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by 93/70 ccpb 93/70 ccpb wrote:

i just took mine apart sunday(93 sn)lift up drivers seat bottom .4 bolts hold seat to sliders.unbolt and lift seat off.sliders may be low on grease one side of mine would slide and the other would not put new grease in and both sides slide now.i also thought seat was broken.it was sitting crooked .beacuse rail was stuck.

Didn't even think about removing the seat cushion. Doh! I was on the floor looking at everything underneath trying to figure out how the hell I was gonna get the seat off in such a tight space.

Thanks
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2013 at 7:46pm
The slide rails seem pretty rusty. Anyone know where I can get replacements? There is only one crossbar attaching the seat to the rails that I can see. This doesn't seem right. Here's a pic:

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2013 at 10:16pm
halfway down the page.
seat tracks
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2013 at 5:08pm
Definitely going to need new racks. The old ones were shot. The two rear bolts came out of the racks, so nothing was holding the back bracket to the rack. Only the two front bolts were still barely attached to the racks.

The aluminum seat brackets are in fine shape. Just need some cleaning. Gonna have to stop by Christine's on Tuesday.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2013 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

The aluminum seat brackets are in fine shape. Just need some cleaning. Gonna have to stop by Christine's on Tuesday.

So do you have 2 aluminum flats? I only see one.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2013 at 1:03pm
Yes I do. The second piece was still attached to the seat bottom. They just need to be cleaned up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic