Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

91 BF (excel) resto

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
shagit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 91 BF (excel) resto
    Posted: July-10-2013 at 3:44am
Thought I'd post a couple pics of my progress.
This poor boat was a mess.

Still have a couple chips to fix in the gel, and the original decal should be white, but I actually like this better. Still need to get pinstripe. White on top, then I need to find charcoal metallic for the bottom.
this was originally an excel, but with the 454 - and the fact that the 91 excel is the most hideous font CC ever used, I decided to use BF decals. Motor was locked up when I got it, but not anymore.

Mike

Pay no attention to the trailer - it's borrowed. :)
beretta5spd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 4:32am
gel looks awesome... 2 thumbs up!
Airfooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 1:20pm
Mike -

Nice work! The boat is looking great! I really like and prefer the BFN decals over the Nautique Excel decals myself. Since I do not have the 454, I'm struggling to allow myself to put them on my boat.    
1992 Nautique Excel
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 1:25pm
Nice rescue Mike. The charcoal/white/red is my favorite CC color combo. I like the trailer too :)
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 1:33pm
Wow nice work on the gelcoat!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 1:38pm
WOW, fantastic job getting that baby to shine again.

JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 2:06pm
what did you use to buff out the gel coat?
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
shagit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2013 at 4:16pm
Thanks for the kudos!
I wanted to tackle this myself (gel coat) and have done it before but never got it quite as good as this. Eli from 'A Brilliant Finish' here in Orlando gets all the credit. I did however install the decals. I'll post a few other shots later. Interior is just ok, prob do that next year ($$$) Poished up the pylon too.
Installed a new ARE shaft system (had them custom make it 1/2" shorter since the factory stuck out 1 3/16 past the strut... Polished up the prop and rudder (mothers mag polish), and repacked the rudder port as well as shaft stuffing box. Surprised to see my rudder port has a grease fitting..
Only things keeping me from skiing this thing is water temp and fuel gauges, and possibly needing a new thermostat (apparently the T-stats for these older 454's are expensive)
That trailer is nice - but alas not mine...
shagit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 6:46pm
A few more pics! Anyone in the Central Florida area can contact A Brilliant Finish at 407-902-6225.

Here's a couple more pics after I added the pinstripe and decals.. And look at the reflection! Final wax is called Rejex.

halfnelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halfnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2013 at 6:53pm
Looks nice! Eli's crew brought mine back from the chalky abyss as well. Top notch service.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 2:49pm
Boat looks fantastic, but I'm glad the trailer doesn't stay with it, it has some kind of weird markings on the backof it that don't quite look right under a real boat, haha
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 3:20pm
Saving that number in case my buff job doesnt come out right. Gonna try it myself first.
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2013 at 3:36pm
Wowe wowww. That thing looks like new after the gel work. Nice! I dig the black on dark red.
shagit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2013 at 1:53am
So the gore tex packing isn't supposed to be dripless right? I took it out for a test and got no drips at all. All I did was lightly snugged the nut. I am going to back it off slightly and see if that helps. Everything lined up perfectly with the new ARE shaft btw. Almost scary how lined up it was.... I re-packed the rudder port as well, and found that I actually have a grease fitting!
shagit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2013 at 2:15am
Bad news is I broke my new glove box lid....   
Dammit man!

And there are a couple new tach's on ebay that have the ability to have voltmeter and clock display in the bottom of the tach.... Anyone know if we can hook those up to our boats?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VDO-Viewline-Onyx-6-000-RPM-3-3-8-Tach-w-2-Hourmeters-Clock-Voltmeter-12-24-/190871937283?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item2c70daa103&vxp=mtr
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2013 at 8:50am
Originally posted by shagit shagit wrote:

? I took it out for a test and got no drips at all. All I did was lightly snugged the nut.

No drip is OK as long as the gland doesn't get to hot to touch. Temperature is the dominate factor.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2013 at 10:53am
I always run boats at high rpm after a re pack. If the gland stays about the temperature of the air and it doesn't drip then you don't need it to drip.

Gore-tex is awesome stuff.
shagit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2013 at 11:56pm
Thanks for the info.... I'll check it next time out...
Sam Hamm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Hamm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2013 at 12:35am
Thing looks awesome man. I wish mine looked like that. How does it fit on that trailer?
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2013 at 12:46am
The boat looks amazing in person. I just got the rejex for my boat and the results are the same. Mike has done an outstanding job keeping another one of these beauties alive. Congrats on a great looking boat!
shagit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2013 at 1:04am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Boat looks fantastic, but I'm glad the trailer doesn't stay with it, it has some kind of weird markings on the backof it that don't quite look right under a real boat, haha

I know, the boat pukes once a week from the exposure... lol
shagit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2013 at 1:07am
Originally posted by Sam Hamm Sam Hamm wrote:

Thing looks awesome man. I wish mine looked like that. How does it fit on that trailer?

It actually sits good on the bunks, but it's not deep enough. (and obviously too long) The prop would hit the prop guard.

It's a friends trailer that needed a place to store it, so they don't mind me sitting the boat on it while it's here.
shagit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2013 at 1:20am
Thanks for the Kudos! :)

Anybody know where I can get one of these? Covers the solenoid, etc.

shagit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2013 at 1:27am
Now I just need to figure out the best way to wire up my stereo (with amps) and switch for my underwater LED's.... I'm thinking of replacing the 6amp breaker/switch at the dash with a 10amp, and that would be sufficent for the Shadow Casters.... They only draw 3.5amps each.....
Or should I just wire up a new Blue Sea block with good cables (pos/neg) from my battery switch in the rear, to somewhere behind the dash and go from there.... I also want to do a separate switch for the button LED's I added on the interior..... The summer is passing me by!
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2013 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by shagit shagit wrote:

Thanks for the Kudos! :)

Anybody know where I can get one of these? Covers the solenoid, etc.

I got mine from SkiDIM, its black but doesnt have the PCM stamp.

Nice job on the gel btw!!
'82 Ski Tique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic