Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1995 nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Strknit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strknit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1995 nautique
    Posted: July-12-2013 at 1:46am
Hey fellas just bought my first nautique. 95 not sure if they called it a 196 or what? Would love to know more about 95 nautiques it has a fuel injected gt-40. Any specs tips things to watch out for etc. this an all glass hull? No wood stringers?
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 2:01am
Congratulations on the purchase. Now post some pics!
No wood stringers for you. The last year of wood stringers was 1992.

Here is the brochure from 1995 and you can also look at other people's 95s by looking in the diaries here.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Strknit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strknit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 2:36am
Thanks for the info I would love to post photos but my iPhone won't let me :(
I started a post earlier asking of anyone would allow me to email them a few and they could post for me. I can't really post any till I get back. We picked up the boat and headed straight to the lake so Monday I will be able to post some from being on the water
89Martinique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Martinique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 2:40am
how did they do all glass stringers? Didn't know this...
Current Boats:

1992 Supra Comp-TS6M PCM 351w HO Pro Boss Pro-Tec Ignition - Full Composite (no wood stingers!)

1989 (3rd Gen) Correct Craft Martinique B/R PCM 351w Power Plus

1984 E-Scow

Keuka Lake,
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 2:42am
You can email me some at jtfila at gmail. Or get the photobucket app for your phone.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 3:02am
Originally posted by 89Martinique 89Martinique wrote:

how did they do all glass stringers? Didn't know this...

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 3:47am
Here are the pics of Richard's 1995 Ski Nautique:

- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Strknit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strknit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 4:04am
Right on thanks for posting them!
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 4:59am
Welcome to CCFan and congrats on the purchase of your boat!
Nice looking boat... By the looks of it on the pictures, she just needs a good buff to make her shine again

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 10:06am
Congrats on the new CC. She looks great.
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
turningpoint84 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turningpoint84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 12:46pm
SPeaking of 95' SN's anymore paragon's appear?
Proud 1968 mustang owner and now
1970 Mustang
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 12:50pm
Pretty nice boat, but is it fast? Seriously, those first year gt-40’s with that tubular intake have been foretold to be a little zipper than later models, throw a gps on there and let us know how she runs out.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 12:55pm
Joe, I had always wondered that, since they appear they would flow better. I'm sure they went to the cast intake to cut cost some.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 1:53pm
congrats on the purchase and welcome to the site!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Strknit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strknit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 2:38pm
Getting ready to drop her in the water for the first time and I just downloaded a gps to my phone so I will get some speed readings. I will lose some signal at the lake but I will post as soon as I have signal.
I feel like a little boy at Christmas time
cooperlacy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cooperlacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2013 at 12:31am
Nice looking boat! I have a 95 Signature Edition Ski Nautique as well... you're going to love it. It looks exactly like yours except for a walk-through windshield and teak strips on the bow. I think I read there were only 100 of them made... I'm sure someone else can clarify this.

To answer the question posted earlier about the early GT-40s being faster, I don't have experience with any other boats, but mine still isn't as fast as the '95 brochure says it should be. According to the brochure, it should do 46.5 mph. Don't get me wrong, it does everything I ask of it.

Here are my specs using GPS and the stock tachometer on the boat. These numbers are with only a driver and approx. 1/4 tank of 89 octane fuel. Motor has 675 hours and was recently tuned up with new plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor.

43 mph at 4300 rpm with stock 14x16 prop
45 mph at 5100 rpm with Acme 1442 (13.25" x 15" 3 blade)

Cooper
Strknit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strknit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 2:23am
Well the weekend went amazing! and did not have a single issue!!! I'm used to a boat that has to use the bilge pump a few times an hour cause it's so low to the water every wave would go over the side or the back...lol
What a difference! I kept checking the bilge and it never took on any water at all i was starting to think something was wrong. To answer a few questions i'm not sure what prop i'm running but with 91 octane fuel( not sure how long the old gas was there so i figured she deserved good gas) she ran 51.2 mph but said 48 on the speedo at 5000 rpm.
And she jumps right to that speed! What a world of difference! And to mine and my girlfriends surprise it can stop just as fast she was standing at the back seat and was in the front seat as fast as i shut it down..lol
I can not say enough on how impressed iam with nautique boats! This is my first but certainly not my last.
The wake for wake boarding is amazing and the gf was on the ski at a little higher speed she said it was perfect!
i did try to wake surf and was able to pull it off for a little while but with only her in the boat and no fat sack it was not a huge wake.
Next time it will be fat sacked and a few more friends so someone can take photos of it.
I do have a few photos but have no idea how to post them even with my laptop anyone like to help a fella out? Do i need to load them to a flicker site or something? no way to upload them right from my computer?
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 9:07am
I was going to describe how to upload a picture from a computer, but it looks like with yesterday's system change, that is no longer possible!
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 7:31pm
Congratulations! Add one more to the Tucson SN owners list. Now I know of four including myself. Hope to see you at Apache.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 11:55pm
I'm curious as to what prop is on there.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 12:01am
Looks like the original OJ 14x16.
Strknit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strknit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2013 at 12:21pm
Desertskier your in Tucson as well? That's funny I was just trying to do a search on members in Tucson. We need to get together for an apache run or a few drinks in town some time soon.
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2013 at 6:31pm
Sent you a PM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic