Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

correct craft wooden

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
howard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: correct craft wooden
    Posted: February-20-2006 at 7:06pm
I have a wooden correct craft boat.It has never been in the water.I think it is in the 1950s.Where can I get info?It has a Gray marine engine.Its in good shape
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2006 at 7:24pm
    Welcome howard to this awesome site! Be prepared because many on here love those old wooden CC's, and will probably ask how much you want for it!!
                               Jeff....
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2006 at 7:38pm
Nobody has put that boat in the water for 56 years?....that's a crime!
Life is Good.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2006 at 8:00pm
Post pics!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2006 at 8:55pm
Looking forward to the pictures. If you post, we can probably figure out the year/model, or at least have a lot of fun trying. BKH
Livin' the Dream

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2006 at 9:48pm
Welcome howard!
Gotta get pics up! Another place to check out is in the reference section of this site....you may see something there ?
Whats the story on the ol girl?

What part of the country you from?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 6:36am
Howard make sre your bilge pump works before you put that boat in the water it's not a good idea to leave wood hulled boats out of water the wood shrinks and you have leaks. If you are not aware of the value of the boat find out before even concidering to sell it, but trading straight up for a brand new nautique would not be out of line.
howard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 1:28pm
I live close to Nashville,Tn.I will take some pictures of the boat.I am new to this I will try to get them on.This boat has been in storage for as long as I can remember.I am 48 years old.My family has owned the boat since 1970.I keep it in a enclosed building.This boat looks really old .
howard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 1:33pm
Please someone tell me how to put pictures on here.
howard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 2:29pm
the wood cover over the engine has a metal plate on it.The plate says : HULL 16 60,ENGINE 12646.The graymarine engine is a 4 cyl.I made pictures but haven't gotten them on yet.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 2:44pm
Pull the below address up. Can you tell which of these boats matches yours the most?

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/list.asp?yrstart=1925&yrend=1960
howard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 3:52pm
My boat looks like the 1948 and 1949 utility runabouts.However my boat has been in storage and is covered in dust.My boat hasn't been started in over 40 0r 50 years.I have pictures maybe I can get them on
howard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 3:58pm
Will someone tell me how and where to post the pictures
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

go to photobucket.com. It is easy to use. To post pictures to CCFan, they already have to reside on the web someplace. Its easy to upload to photobucket. Then you just copy and paste the bottom address under your photo (the IMG one - you will see when you get there) to your post here. Photobucket offers pretty simple instructions.

What he said.It's really pretty easy, even i can do it.
Bob Ed
83 2001
howard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 4:51pm
These are the pictures of my boat.

howard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 4:57pm
Hey,now what about it?
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 5:20pm
Wow, a flash from before my time. What are your intentions? Are you selling it? Are you fixing it up? Looks like it would clean up nicely. I wouldn't know the first step in trying to start the engine. I'm sure some of the more experience CC fans could tell you. Good luck with it and keep us posted on your progress.

Ken
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 5:45pm
Looks a lot like this 1949 model
Life is Good.
howard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 6:32pm
My boat has a 4 cyl. engine.I have noticed 6 cyl in the ones listed.
howard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 6:39pm
How do I find out the value of it?Does anybody have any suggestions?
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by howard howard wrote:

I have a wooden correct craft boat.It has never been in the water.I think it is in the 1950s.Where can I get info?It has a Gray marine engine.Its in good shape

Welcome Howard. You don't want one of those old leaky wooden boats. And with a four-bangger? I'll to the neihborly thing and take it off your hands for you. Why, since you're new, I wouldn't even charge you to haul it away!

Seriously, that baby has a lot of potential.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2006 at 9:33pm
Howard,
Nice boat! Looks like lots of potential.Im in the process of restoring a 62 wooden Higgins right now and I can tell you they are a LOT of work!
Mine hadnt been run in 25 years. I am rebuilding the motor right now.
Last year, I stripped the interoir and drivetrain out of her and turned it upside down on saw horses. . It took over 4 months last summer just to strip the hull down to bare wood. We have it re-stained and have two coats of sealer on her. Now Im getting ready to put my first coat of aprox 8-10 coats of varnish.. Hope to get it "right-side-up" again in the next few weeks.

This is a picture of mine ,the only time I had it in the water. This was BEFORE the restoration. Im hoping to get her wet later this summer!

Are you thinking of restoring it?? Would be glad to help with any info! Good luck! Steve
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2006 at 8:28am
Howard clean off the dust, polish it up then look at all of the hardware and see what all it's going to take to get it going, the engine is going to be the challenge. Then look at different boats of the same era on boat trader oline, iboats and any other for sale sites and judge the value that way and there are tons of people here that would be more than happy to take it off your hands. restored wooden hulled boats are expensive to buy look in to it before someone steals you blind.
captdds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captdds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2006 at 10:57am
Howard, I have 1953 CC 18' with Korina light colored decks. Like yours, it has not been in water for a long time 1960. My dad bought it new. Mine has a gray 6 with two carbs on the side of the engine. does yours have the light decks. Also, mine had upolst on the motor cover. It is still there. Let me hear from you.

Captdds
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2006 at 1:15pm
Steve: What a beautiful boat! And those are the BEFORE pics????!!!!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2006 at 6:06pm
What a find. The mother of all project boats. Nice boat.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
howard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2006 at 6:45pm
Please tell me what year my boat is and what model?I do know that it was bought new by the person we got it from.My father acquired the boat in 1970. But I can remember going to look at it before then, while I was a little boy..The way I understand it.This person bought two boats at the same time from the factory in Florida.He used one of the boats and later sold it.However this boat was never used and was kept in storage.My father said, this happened not to long after world War Two.In the early eighties my father checked with the factory and they had no records for it being sold.I am located about 50 miles northeast of Nashville,Tn.,.I have had off and on contact with the factory over the years.I had hoped they would want the boat back to exhibit, but that hasn't happened.I would consider selling it only to an approved buyer.I want this boat to be put back in A1 shape and taken care of by a loving owner.
duffnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2006 at 8:32pm
Howard wrote:
"How do I find out the value of it?Does anybody have any suggestions?"

Man Howard, that's a beauty!!
I know most of us would like to see you restore her. Well more like most of us want to help you restore her.

I would try a classic/antique boat insurance company for a value.

That being said, here is a link to LaPointes Classic Wooden Boats. There are some links to various classic type services. Although he deals mostly with Chris Craft, he does offer others as well. Perhaps he could offer you some input or point you in the right direction, he has been helpful to me in the past.   

Hope that helps. d
http://www.classicboat.com/
Danny

"no offense- but the rate at which you spread bad information is very impressive"    
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2006 at 9:18pm
howard ,
Are you saying this boat was never used at all? Does it have an hour meter? what shape is interior?

She would definately be beautiful when fully restored! Why dont you restore it?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2006 at 10:21pm
Howard,

Any chance we can get a clearer photograph
of what appears to be the Correct Craft Label?
I'm trying to do some research to see if I can't figure this out. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic