NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

gauge lightbulb question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gauge lightbulb question
    Posted: July-27-2013 at 4:04pm
The light bulb for my tach is not working. What are my options as far as replacements and where can I find them? It appears its currently a clear bulb with a red condom.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2013 at 6:03pm
Christine's should have them. If they don't, try Zach at N3.

On a sidenote, it's never a bad idea to condense like threads into one. You've got 3 separate threads just now all on dash pod related questions. Keith has been having a hard enough time lately with all the spam, and multiple threads just bogs down the server space.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2013 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

Christine's should have them. If they don't, try Zach at N3.

On a sidenote, it's never a bad idea to condense like threads into one. You've got 3 separate threads just now all on dash pod related questions. Keith has been having a hard enough time lately with all the spam, and multiple threads just bogs down the server space.

My bad. I'll definitely consolidate my threads in the future.
Mader85 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mader85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2013 at 8:24pm
I was able to find the lightbulb I needed for my 85 dash at oreilly auto parts.the numbers on the bulbs matched and you may be able to put that red cover back on tthe new one.just a thought might save you having to wait for one to ship to you.

JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2013 at 8:49pm
I'll call Christines on Monday, they're local, so there's no shipping, only gas to get there. Ill see if I can see any numbers on the bulb to cross reference.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2013 at 11:52pm
THESE are your replacement bulbs.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Oletela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oletela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2013 at 2:19am
Is there a Led replacement? I have been pondering toying with that idea for a while now. Has anybody done it or have pictures?
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2013 at 9:02am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

THESE are your replacement bulbs.

Thanks Marty. You're the man.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2013 at 12:10pm
The trade # on the bulb is the key. ANY auto supply or ANY electrical supply will have them.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2013 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Oletela Oletela wrote:

Is there a Led replacement? I have been pondering toying with that idea for a while now. Has anybody done it or have pictures?

I grabbed some LED ones of E-Bay and they were off a little on the knubs that lock them into place.

I don't think they are worth the hassle- because you don't run your panel lights much anyways.

Also- PeteB mentioned going to an Auto Parts store or electrical supply. Again these VDO bulbs are specific and I did find them on the O'Rielly's website- but my store doesn't have them. But they are expensive. I got my bulbs from Summit- also the red covers. I got lucky and found them on E-Bay and bought a 4-pack of each- had trouble with the shipping- so they sent me a FREE pack of each    I gave the 2 FREE packs to a fellow member that has helped me with some things- Air206-- Steve Karras

The Bulb #'s VDO 600-802 -- 12V 2W 9/32 Base
The Red Diffuser #'s VDO 600-853 RED Diffusers

The LED one's I got were BA7s-R -- 7mm bayonet base. THESE are wrong I'm thinking because the knubs are a little long. I did file these down to fit--- they work on my AC/DC converter but won't work in the bulb socket    So I don't think the replacement LED's warrant a change.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2013 at 1:47pm
Marty is my man - again!

And he is right, it isn't worth the hassle. I have searched and ordered several LEDs that "should" fit..... and they don't. Plus you have less illumination for small bulbs that fit and directional issues for the larger ones that do not. I have given up on LEDs and love my incandescents.

I was complaining so much about my LED issues, Marty felt sorry for me and fixed me up.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Oletela Oletela wrote:

I've been thinking about changing my sports dash out to blue LED's. I know how I would go about doing it, it will be a custom job and not those bulb replacements. It would require using resistors to lower the voltage to the LED's. Just not sure if I want to take a beating from Pete for not keeping it original"

But I hate amber colored LED'd and I really have a thing for blue LED's!

Here is what I did to my '07 Tundra. Everything Amber in the truck was swapped to Blue. I've done a couple other trucks after people have seen mine.

Before:

After:

JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 3:39pm
looks good, but couldn't you just add a blue light cover to the current bulb and achieve the same look with a lot less work?
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2013 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

looks good, but couldn't you just add a blue light cover to the current bulb and achieve the same look with a lot less work?

Nope. They are all surface mount LED's (PLCC-2, 805, and 603 packages) I did the buttons and everything. The 603's are about the size of a grain of Kosher salt! takes a very steady hand and a lot of experience with a soldering iron.

the one by the ear is a 603 package

This is the dash gauge board after it's disassembled the little white things are the SMLED's those are the biggest ones (PLCC-2) the tricky part is figuring out which ones to change!

Thisis one of the buttons. see the little thing above the second "1" in 11 that is one of the 603's.

JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2013 at 9:36am
I thought you were converting from a normal bulb to LED. Didn't realize you were talking once color LED to another.
BaccoBouncer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaccoBouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2016 at 1:51pm
I put LED bulbs in my SPort Nautique dash. They are a little brighter which creates a white halo around the gauge in addition to the red back lighting of the gauge. Anyone know of a red paint /cover I can put of the white LED bulbs to dim/darken the light?
'97 21' Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic