NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

jbear,Ive got it figured out!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jbear,Ive got it figured out!
    Posted: February-25-2006 at 12:09am
Hey jb,
heres the scoop on Green Lake:
#1... Mileage from Nashville (not sure where your going to be in TN)to GL (round trip) 1400.
#2..truck ,pulling SN gets aprox 14mpg=100 gal.
#3..gas averages 2.30/galx100= ONLY$230.
#4...3 nights hotel @aprox 100/night= $300.

#5 Food...$0...ya gotta eat anyway

Total cost of the best time to be had=$530.divided by two (you and mrsjb)=ONLY $265/each! Thats less than a hundered /day!

Summary (in case you werent paying attention
)..
total investment $530.,Actual Cost,PRICELESS
Now, how can you not sign up?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2006 at 5:50am
Steve: You have certainly put a lota thought into this. You might be better served figuring out how to convince Pam that you gotta "save" that TN woody. But I sure appreciate the thought. If I come (don't think Patti will) it will be a quick flight up and rent-a-car to get out there. That way (car) I gotta place to sleep anyhow.
Patti in motorcycle class today. 59/78 today.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2006 at 6:52am
Jbear,

If it's just you coming out, BKH said his buddy was looking to split a room with someone. Cut that cost right in half.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
tonydjd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonydjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2006 at 7:10pm
I met the famous jbear at Mardi gras parade in Lake Wales Florida you guy's sure are misssing out on a great person that's not in your neck of the woods.

BTW his wife was also very nice
It was nice meeting them both today.

peace out
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2006 at 7:22pm
Guys: Ditto on meeting Tony and his wife and son. Thanks to this great site. Tony is one of Polk Counties Finest. Firefighter Ems. Got a nice lookin' family and nice lookin' Harley. One thing about C/C guys. We got good taste. Not to make you Northern guys jealous but for Mardi Gras today it was in the low 80's. Tony rode his bike. Shorts and t-shirts were the dress of the day. Wish more of you guys could enjoy it. Wow, you can, come on down. We love to share.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2006 at 7:37pm
    Jbear, A post specifically for you...Whats up with that??? I agree that you need to, at minimum, go for a quickie. You are retired right??!! If you were slaving, then I could see it, but enjoy what you enjoy!

Remember how you convinced me to finally stop and post the boats in the diaries section?? Well, it has tons of rewards and many thanks! Now, I am going to be Mr. Jeff Bear of the North to convince you to have a good time!!!!
                                Jeff...

ps: Its 16.2 deegrees here right now and snowing!!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2006 at 7:52pm
Jeff: First off, sorry about the snow and 16. Great here today.
Agreed; many rewards to share here, boats, diaries, gettin' new friends, such as meeting Tony today.
You know I am gonna try to enjoy as much as I can. Green Lake included. To bad you can't make G.L. and your New England reunion. Or..the Orlando Reunion at Sea World. In fact I know a guy who has a guest suite ya could stay in! It is coming up in April, way before Spring up there in the North.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2006 at 8:06pm
    Jbear, you bet the next trip I take to Fla, (or somewhere near) I am gonna cost you plenty of $$$$ (for cold ones and gas for your 80). There is no way I can do GL. Its way out, and I cant take that kind of time off right now. Remember, I am 33 and NOT retired yet!! (Kinda wish I was though!!)
    Dont beat around the bush and go have fun!!! 62wood didnt post this for nothing!!!

BTW, its now 15.9 and 10 inches of snow.

Jeff....
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2006 at 8:16pm
Jeff; Got ya covered on gas and cold ones. Don't worry, your time goes by fast, you'll be retired before ya know it. Boy will I be old then!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2006 at 8:33pm
    OK Jbear, since this is YOUR POST, Im gonna rack up a few more replies! First off, for a "old guy" you certainly out-do most on staying up late on CCfan and getting up early. I cant compete with you on that. And the money I would cost you to visit, you could use it to go to GL right now! If you dont go, you better go to the New England one!!
62wood has the numbers, hes no beginner!!!   
                                Jeff...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2006 at 8:37pm
    BTW 62wood, this is by far the BEST POST on the forums!!! Great post!
                                 Jeff....
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 5:56am
Hey guys!
You dont know how hard it was to decide on doing a "special post" to one person..But I knew a lot of us here enjoy the 'bear's contribution to this site!

First off John, hopefully its obvious I started this on a light note! We all understand about how hard it is to make such a decision ,both time and cost. I just wanted you to know how many guys would enjoy meeting you.

The last thing I wanted to do was embarrass what I consider a good friend! I think a lot of you know my wife's father was in the hospital in Tampa for quite a while..we had to make a "quick 1400 mile trip". One of the few bright spots of the 2 weeks we were there was the privilege of meeting jb and his wonderful wife! His kind and open heart has touched myself and my wife...

Anyway , i dont want to get all "sobby", soooo... better go...

hey John!!, mardi gras!? you didnt forget to take one of those cases of beads I saw in your garage did you?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 11:08am
Steve: Enough already! This here site is about all of us. I try to keep posts on a lite note. I can't add tech knowledge such as 79, DavidF, Jeff, or so many of the guys here that are so ready and willing to help. Or vast general knowledge as BKH. Or wit such as J_I_H. We all have something here to add and we all enjoy the friendships we've made here. I am just a little luckier because I have gotten to meet a few of you guys in person such as ReidP, yourself and Tony from Auburndale. I am counting on meeting more at the Orlando Reunion and Green Lake. Thats a reason why these Reunions that are cooking for G.L. and New England are so cool. Props to all you guys who are doing so much work to make 'em happen.

As to the beads, they were throwing lots of them from the floats. Cool time.

The door here in Lake Wales is always open for C/C fans. Maybe someday I can meet Keith B. Now there is a guy we all owe LOTS to!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 7:52pm
    John, on a more serious note, you know that we are pretty hard on you about going (especially me). If you cant make it, it isnt worth getting stressed out, worrying about what everyone will think. You have, and will meet more CC fans than most of us here will ever meet. Remember, You and Mrs JB come first, the rest second. Im sure many on here would trade their CC in for someone like her! Just keep posting! To me, you are the center of this site, have tons of good input, and have countless people on here that think you are great! (or else they wouldnt be bugging you to attend....Right?)     
                                 Jeff...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic