Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'75 or '76 Ski Tique??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
B_Koch0913 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B_Koch0913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '75 or '76 Ski Tique??
    Posted: July-29-2013 at 5:41pm
I have recently acquired my families Ski Tique. Its is titled as a 1975 but my grandfather swears up and down that the guy did it wrong and its actually a bicentennial '76.

Any good way to tell the difference?

GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2013 at 5:45pm
Look at the VIN, last two numbers
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2013 at 5:48pm
No such thing as a 1975 Ski Tique. First year was '76.
B_Koch0913 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B_Koch0913 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2013 at 5:56pm
The last 2 numbers on the HIN are 75. But if they didnt make a '75 Ski Tique what is it? also what is the difference between competition ski trainer which is what mine is, and ski boat?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2013 at 6:10pm
Nothing, it was only the graphics painted on the stern. Ive only seen the "Competition Ski Trainer" graphics used on '76 Tiques.

The HIN convention used from 1972-1984 did not reflect the model year in the last 2 digits, but rather the hull certification date. This makes it a little more difficult to ID the model year without some additional information. Got pictures?

Hull Numbers explained
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic