Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it possible?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wakeboarddrumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboarddrumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it possible?
    Posted: February-26-2006 at 12:46pm
Is it possible to have a semi nice 2001 for about 5000-6000? I really would like it to be in god running condition, and have good stringers and if it need new upholstery or new carpet that would be fine. I am just hoping this isn't something impossible.
If only i had a 2001
Dtaylor373 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dtaylor373 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 1:10pm
Where are you located?
David T
floppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 1:20pm
I just bought an 1986 2001, The back seat had a seam splitting. I took the seat to the uplostry shop and why i had the seats out replaced carpet. replaced sending unit in the gas tank to get the gas gauge to work.and replaced the circuit breaker for the blower. the floor was solid except for a spot around the ski pylon. replaced the wood and glassed it in. this boat looks good,runs good and is solid. The work i have done and doing is just because i enjoy doing it. but i payed 5800 dollars for it.but i also looked for 2 years before i bought one. if you take your time in dont jump on the first one you find you can find a good cared for boat. when i was looking i didnt know this web site existed. these guys can be a lot of help......
Hey ya'll, Watch this!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboarddrumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Dtaylor373 Dtaylor373 wrote:

Where are you located?

I am in North Alabama

Floppy,
I will not be looking for probably 8-10 months. I am 16, and over the summer plan to work ALOT of hours so i can earn money for this boat. So far i have about 250$, and just started saving up 3 weeks ago. I haven't been working yet, due to track, but I believe if I get to where I have no life for a year, I can have a nice boat and have the time of my life.

Some may say to save for college, and some may say it's stupid, but my parents are selling our boat, and i am not gonna be boatless, and quit wakeboarding becaue of that. I love the water, and its where I belong.
If only i had a 2001
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 6:59pm
Chad; I like your moxie man. Keep on workin' for your dream. Look in your area for a ski club or maybe some guys on your lake. I know I love to take young guys skiing 'cause I can't ski all day. All you gotta do is offer a little gas money and be a good rider-observer. Good way to meet new people and share your skills or maybe pick up a few new ones.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
86SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 7:26pm
Chad, Nothing at all wrong with your desire but there will always be boats for sale. Your education is very important. There have got to be guys (or gals)in your area that love to ski as much as you that already have some type of inboard that would love to have you join them. When you find them, remember the boat doesn't run on "thanks"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboarddrumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 7:40pm
John,
Thats the thing, i have rides planend out for this season alone, and I don't want to sound like i'm not taking your advice, but my brother and sister haven't had to pay for their college education, and niether am I.

I will be getting rides with one guy i know this summer, but want to have my own boat so i can go and hang out with my friends. We are all pretty responsible and want to progress our riding skills.

862001, I plan to atleast give 15 bucks a day this summer for that when I go out with someone, and also bring drinks, and help with the clean up.
If only i had a 2001
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 7:41pm
You're looking for the right boatand you're starting in the right place. And yes you can find one in your price range.

I had three boats before I bought my Ski Naugtique. (The first one was when I was 16.)I kept going for something cheap because I wanted one so badly. They all ended up being junk. Buy a Ski Naughtique. If it's been taking care of, you don't be disappointed.

I agree with jbear. Meet people and chip in for gas. I rarely get to ski because I'm always pulling other people. It's always nice to have a good driver to take turns with.

You can get a loan and scholarships for college. I wouldn't worry about that. College will cost you way more than $6K anyway.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboarddrumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 7:52pm
Jimbo,
I agree, If i do good in school now, I can save a little on college. I will get nothing but an inboard. Thats what my sights are on and if its not an inboard, I will probably just put the money in savings. I just don't want to be boatleass my senior year, and not have anything to do in the summer. If i work hard for a year, I can have the time of my life.

Oh and if i my 1000 My parents will give me 1000 to help me buy the boat, but i am shooting for full cost of the boat, and let the parents spend the 1000 on a tower. They will also pay for insurance for me
If only i had a 2001
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 3:31pm
drumma, you can find the boat your looking for but you need to look religiously, and have the money ready when the deal comes up. One word of caution, the value of these boats has been going up. As the price of new boats gets astonomical, the price of used boats goes up with them. Some of the 80s and early 90s nautiques are going for almost as much as they were new.

Keep the faith bud. My Dad broke his back, lost interest for a time, and got rid of our boat when I was 13.    I had to pay for 8 years of college, and so I was 30 before I got back into boating. But, that college education paid off as I've been able to pay cash for both of my new nautiques. There are many routes to get where you want to be. I hope you're able to save for the boat you want, but if not, it will all work out in the end. BKH
Livin' the Dream

mars88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mars88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 4:08pm
Drumma....i feel you man. I'm 19 and live in Iowa where hardly anyone is serious about skiing. My parents have always had boats and now have passed our 88 ski down to me. These guys are right about the education tho. I've learned in my first year of college that it's more expensive than the price of school alone so have some saved for each year. There's lots of hidden costs. I'm lucky that i saved this last summer and have money to just enjoy school and not worry about work. College is gonna be the best time of your life so make sure you can just enjoy it! You only get to do it for a while and skiing will be there after and so will the boats!
I'm looking to start a ski club at my college too...just an idea!
mars

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboarddrumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2006 at 8:14am
Thanks For the advice guys. I am opening a savings account this weekend.
If only i had a 2001
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2006 at 8:52am
Here is what I did. I went to Community College and lived at home for 2 years for free. Then I had enough money saved to put a down payment on a little house that I bought. I fixed it up rented it out to my roommates who paid my mortgage payment then sold it 2 yrs later and made enough money on it to buy my 82 2001 and had no debt of any kind. Be patient and look to the future. Boats are VERY BAD investments because once you get one you become addicted and drop alot of money into it.
Good thing come to those who wait.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic