Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which Nautique??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
5boysnautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5boysnautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Nautique??
    Posted: February-26-2006 at 1:33pm
My name is Paul and I will be purchasing a Nautique in the next couple of weeks. It will be my first one, although I've owned saltwater fishing boats for over a decade. I think I want either a 2001(years 83 through 89?) or a 77 to 82. Are there advantages of one hull over the other? Which will be easier to sell in the future? Are my years correct? My kids are a mix of wakeboarders and skiers. We're not experts, so I'm more concerned with buying something that will have the highest demand 5 years from now.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 1:49pm
Paul; Alto I own an '80, if your kids wanna board and ski a 2001 model is the ticket. Great wakeboard boat without the cost. More room inside than a '77-'81 model. Important if ya got "5boys" lots of equipment and a cooler. What I can say tho is it will be a great purchase to share with your family.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 8:23pm
I've got an '84 with the 2001 hull. The years sound correct. I think there are two differences in the hull. First (and most important to me) is the bow cuts the waves better for a smoother ride. Second, when you add an extra 1000 pounds, the shape of the 2001 hull make a nice wake. The wakeboarders go nuts for this. Five years down the river, I think the 2001 hull will still have a higher resale. You might still be able to get close to what you paid for it. I still can't see how these 20-something year olds can afford even a used Air Nautique.
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2006 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by jimbo jimbo wrote:

. I still can't see how these 20-something year olds can afford even a used Air Nautique.

Agreed!!!!
5boysnautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5boysnautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 4:04am
Alto, Jimbo, Jeff, I really appreciate the advice. Thanks. I don't know how some can afford the 50k toys either. I'm really excited about finding the right boat for our family. My first girlfriend(redhead) was from a ski family and we skied in her Dad's 68 correct craft in the late 70's(were they nautiques back then?) and I'll never forget those days...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 3:23pm
I agree with Jimbo. Because of the demand from wakeboarders on a budget, I believe the 82-89 will hold value better 5 years down the road. However, there's not a huge difference in value to begin with. If you find a little older boat for a great deal, then you are saving the money now, getting 5 years use out of your own money rather than waiting to get it back 5 years from now. BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 3:56pm
5boys; A redhead whose dad had a C/C? Wow. I'd asked her to get married on the first date. Actually I was married to a redhead before the wonderful Mrs. jbear. Ended very ugly. Very high maitinence.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

5boys; A redhead whose dad had a C/C? Wow. I'd asked her to get married on the first date.

john

Now jb... dont get in such a hurry! Id wait til 2nd date....hehehe
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2006 at 12:05pm
I sold my 1980 to purchase a 1986, "2001" model. The wake for skiing on the 2001 is more forgiving than the 1980. The 2001 model has more room too. I still miss my 1980 though. Years of entertainment!

Good luck!

Ken
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic