Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wiring a cd player

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mars88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mars88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wiring a cd player
    Posted: February-27-2006 at 10:54am
Can anyone help me with wiring a new cd player and speakers in my 88 nautique. I'm not sure where to start? So if anyone could help me out that would be great.
mars
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 11:06am
Easy to do, just not by email. If you have elec. ignition.Hook your power wire to..I can't type this. Maybe someone that is better on the computer can help you. If not, call me, 513-300-0214.
Scott
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 11:11am
A good starting point is to pull a power wire with an inline fuse directly from the battery and then ground the CD player to either the battery or a central grounding point. Next I would find a power wire that runs from the guages and t off of it to the CD Player's Aux Power (this is the wire that will turn your head unit off and on with the key). After that it is running speaker wire to the correct speaker. Get a cheap antenna and put it under the closed bow and hook that into the cd player. Then Rock out.

It is a pretty easy install. A couple of things. Make sure you have everything disconnected while doing the install and make sure that you get the right speakers to the right speaker wires. It is a real pain to have them screwed up.

I recently installed a cd player in my 82 and ran the main power to the guages and there is not enough power there. It works untill you turn it up loud enough to be able to hear over the exhaust and then it cuts out due to lack of power. I havent changed it yet but it is on my list.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
mars88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mars88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 11:41am
Thanks a bunch guys! If I have any problems i'll let you all know.
Jon- what do you plan to do to take care of the power issue?
mars
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 12:02pm
I am going to run a wire directly from the battery.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 12:08pm
It also depends on how you want it to operate. On my '88 Barefoot I have an "Accessory" switch on the dash. Turning the key on does not turn the radio on until the accessory switch is turned on. If you have this switch (I know the dash config is a little different on the SNs) and you want it to operate like that, make sure you run the Aux of the head unit through that switch circuit.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
mars88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mars88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 1:03pm
Thats a good idea. I think i'll have to do that. Hopefully it stays nice here in Iowa for a day or two so I can get home and get on it!
mars
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 1:16pm
Mars where in IA are you?
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 6:41pm
    Make certain to hook the ignition sense wire to the accessory portion of the ign key (if it gas it). If not, then replace the ign sw, because you dont want to have the key "on" without the engine running because it will cause your hour meter to tick away, and draw more than needed from the batt from the ign system and related things. Happy rockin!
                               Jeff..

mars88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mars88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2006 at 9:18pm
about 30 min west of des moines
mars
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2006 at 3:58am
Mars, My Dad grew up on a farm in Perry and I get up there every once in a blue moon. Still have cousins that live and farm there. Man! what a small world.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
mars88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mars88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2006 at 8:35am
Yeah...perry is about 15 min from my house..I have grandparents there. We live just south of lake Panorama. Our lake is a smaller private lake.
mars
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic