NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Clinton, Illinois 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2013 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Anyone here from the Hines? Dana, are they coming out of the hole they've been in??? it would be really great to see them..

copcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2013 at 10:04pm
We are going to try like heck to make it work. We have never made it to anything with you guys other than a Beer night so we are very excited to spend some time on the water with you all. Hopefully it will work...
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2013 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by copcraft copcraft wrote:

We are going to try like heck to make it work. We have never made it to anything with you guys other than a Beer night so we are very excited to spend some time on the water with you all. Hopefully it will work...

Dave, Make it happen dude, you'll love it.. We need to see that "Phantom" boat of yours haha

Anybody else coming out??
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2013 at 9:11pm
Wendy and I will be coming through the camp ground on Friday evening for a visit . Then we will be heading on to Monticello for the evening with grand daughters but I would like to come back Saturday morning for a day of boating fun if anyone will have me . I will be boatless and in the van . Wendy will be doing some kind of pumpkin thing with our grand daughters all day.Hope to be able to catch up with all of you then.
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2013 at 11:00pm
Unfortunately we had to cancel, so if someone is still looking for a site, #21 should be opened up. We'll make it over to Clinton one of these times. Have fun guys.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2013 at 12:20am
Just set up the tent in the back yard for practice. We're getting ready!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

martin 74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin 74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2013 at 3:35pm
Anyone planning to camp site 21 for fri/sat? I've been wanting to take the Martinique to Clinton for a while. If somebody else has plans to camp there chime in it's walk up FCFS, I can go anytime.

Rich
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2013 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by martin 74 martin 74 wrote:

Anyone planning to camp site 21 for fri/sat? I've been wanting to take the Martinique to Clinton for a while. If somebody else has plans to camp there chime in it's walk up FCFS, I can go anytime.

Rich

Rich,
I'd grab it now before someone else outside the group does !!! We'll look forward to seeing you there !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2013 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by p/allen p/allen wrote:

Wendy and I will be coming through the camp ground on Friday evening for a visit . Then we will be heading on to Monticello for the evening with grand daughters but I would like to come back Saturday morning for a day of boating fun if anyone will have me . I will be boatless and in the van . Wendy will be doing some kind of pumpkin thing with our grand daughters all day.Hope to be able to catch up with all of you then.

Pat, sounds great. come on out. One of us will pick ya up !!!
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2013 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by martin 74 martin 74 wrote:

Rich

Rich if you're serious about coming I'll grab that site for you. It's too late to book online. Let me know and we'll try to keep the rifraff out.

martin 74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin 74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2013 at 8:37pm
Great! thanks, looking to arrive Fri early afternoon.
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 11:22am
Hope the wheather holds up!! looks good so far..?

Promo is almost ready. Had to rewire the charging system because the PO aparently thought that chrysler alternators have built in Voltage regulators and wired it like a 1 wire system....NOT!!!! thank god i had a donor boat with the same set up in it!! after 2 days of diagnosing i found 1)bad alternator(No output) 2)bad cut out relay(still not sure how that thing works) and 3) voltage regulator was shot(contacts coroded)

Jeez....it just goes to show you never know what you are getting into when you buy a boat. I inherited two major problems when i got this boat...Water pump on backwards and botched charging system!!!

The up side to all these problems is...wont ever have a problem fixing the damn thing if it breaks down!

Pat....Kim and i will have room if you dare ride with us....but you have to bring a tool box full of tools with ya...

can't wait to see everyone..... see ya Friday!

1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 11:32am
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Hope the wheather holds up!! looks good so far..?

Promo is almost ready. Had to rewire the charging system because the PO aparently thought that chrysler alternators have built in Voltage regulators and wired it like a 1 wire system....NOT!!!! thank god i had a donor boat with the same set up in it!! after 2 days of diagnosing i found 1)bad alternator(No output) 2)bad cut out relay(still not sure how that thing works) and 3) voltage regulator was shot(contacts coroded)

can't wait to see everyone..... see ya Friday!

Good Deal Paul, I just put the Hurricane all back together last night. Electrical system improvements, trans linkage adjustments, clutch pack adjustment,got the tach working. We'll see if we can't get you a ride this time.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 11:43am
Alan....

I thought i would never figure it out..almost threw in the towel.

i still have to fix my Tach....i have a replacement that i got from Mojo.hope that's it?

would love a ride in the Hurricane!!....kim and i will take you up on that offer if you get time?

what elect improvments did you do? i'm sure you added a fuse block like i did....nothing was fused on the promo from the factory??? just one 30 amp one shot breaker from the battery that's it.
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 11:50am
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

what elect improvments did you do? i'm sure you added a fuse block like i did....nothing was fused on the promo from the factory??? just one 30 amp one shot breaker from the battery that's it.

Errr, I dont think so Paul! Sounds like someone goofed with the boat's wiring before you got it. Your original gauge panel would have had fuses in it.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 11:58am
tim,

No evidence of any fuse's in the Promo...the guage cluster looked to be untouched and wires seemed to be the factory position. correct color factory wires nothing added or changed???
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 12:16pm
Paul, if this is the dash that the promo came to you with, then it had been swapped out at some point by a previous owner, presumably with the fuses eliminated. It would have originally had the plastic (fake woodgrain) one with the Correct Craft logo shown above, which CC used in various models from late 1968 through '71 or '72. It looks like the one your boat has/had was made out of wood?

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 12:43pm
Paul, I'm on my third starter relay. Had a Cole Hersey piece in which is supposed to be good stuff but one of the studs broke free and I couldn't tighten the nut. So last night I stopped at our nautique dealer and picked up a PCM relay. Feels like a nice solid unit so we'll see. I also ran a jumper wire from the solenoid to the coil so I get full voltage at the coil when cranking. I was only getting 7v because of the ballast resistor and it just didn't want to fire up. Fired up first try after I installed the jumper so hopefully my gremlins are starting to be eliminated.

I hope I've got the shift linkage right now because there's no more adjustment in it, if it's not right I've got to pull it out and make some changes over the winter.

When I wired the boat up I installed a 40AMp main breaker, then a 20 amp breaker to the dash feed/fuse block, lights and bilge pump have their own fuses.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Good Deal Paul, I just put the Hurricane all back together last night. Electrical system improvements, trans linkage adjustments, clutch pack adjustment,got the tach working. We'll see if we can't get you a ride this time.

Dangit, that makes it sting a little more knowing we can't attend now. Would have loved to see the Hurricane in action.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

[QUOTE=Mojo]

Anyone here from the Hines? Dana, are they coming out of the hole they've been in??? it would be really great to see them..

Bump.. Any Word from our Central Ill friends??
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 1:14pm
Tim,

I am aware that the guage panel was replaced but still all the guage wiring still shows NO sign of "Chop cut rebuild"...i guess it's possible??? i will take some photo's and send to ya to see what you think.

alan,

sounds like we did the exact same thing....i had 9V to coil after the ballast resistor.... and everything from the guage is individually fused.

67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

[QUOTE=Mojo]

Bump.. Any Word from our Central Ill friends??

nope, we'll try tonight.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 1:37pm
I would love a trick ride behind the Hurricane. That's gotta have one hell of a wake. Should have no problem going W2W!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

I would love a trick ride behind the Hurricane. That's gotta have one hell of a wake. Should have no problem going W2W!

eh, no real tow point just a lift ring. Don't have the heart to tie a rope to it yet.

So let me change the subject...

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 2:29pm
WOW....looks good....RJ are you sure you want to show up?? LOL
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 4:28pm
I probably should just keep quiet and hide under the radar! I sure hate to wreck the weekend for everyone by bringing the rain, but I already told my kids we are going.... so there's no turning back now. That 20% chance for rain might as well be 120%.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 8:50pm

Pat....Kim and i will have room if you dare ride with us....but you have to bring a tool box full of tools with ya...                                                                                                                                                 Paul   Thanks I would like to take you up on that. How many tools do I need ? Would a 12 pack of tools work? Thanks
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2013 at 9:45am
Pat....yup...12 pack of tools will do! Naw...not really just bring yourself!
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2013 at 11:21pm
Thanks man . You are what Correct Craft Fan is all about
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2013 at 4:35pm
Evans out...never in actually. Sat is our 17th Wedding Anniversary so it was a non starter. I'm not celebrating my nuptials in a tent surrounded by this crew!

But the kicker is Riot Fest in Chicago. On Sunday I'm meeting up with Johnny to see the second Replacements show in 22 years. Opening up is the Pixies, Bob Mould and many others thrown in for good measure.

However, I'm certain my priorities are clearly seen as misguided by all with maybe Joel and Alan as the only possible exceptions.

Have a blast and don't eat any of the fish...

-SE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic