NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Clinton, Illinois 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2013 at 11:47am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Have a blast and don't eat any of the fish...

-SE

Bringing the geiger counter to sweep over the Arrighis and the Weitekampts before we jump in the lake, for sure!

Seriously looking forward to a good time.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2013 at 11:56am
You kids have fun out there- I couldn't come up with a way to reasonably get there - next year I will just buy plane tickets early. If someone could go pro a nice ride in the hurricane for us that would be awesome.

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2013 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

If someone could go pro a nice ride in the hurricane for us that would be awesome.

Good call, consider that done.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2013 at 11:27pm
Well gang, what can I say. Another great CCFan gathering. The boat is still wet, as is every towel, swimsuit, and lifejacket we have. That's what it's all about! Great to see folks that I haven't seen in way too long.

Taking an 18mo-old child camping in a tent certainly had its challenges (at least two "that's it, F-it, we're done" moments, LOL) but overall it was a BLAST. My 6 year old openly weeping/crying immediately when she saw the latrine for the first time was majorly funny. "Daddy there is a dead cicada in there too". It was hard for me not to LMAO at her reaction to that situation but I did my best.

Every time you go camping, you learn something new to make the next trip easier. This year it was the amazing space heater we used to make our second night in the tent cozy and comfortable. As usual everybody was super helpful and great to chat with.

We had good water, and did lots of good skiing. As usual, floating around in 92 degree water never gets old and Clinton delivered 100%.

Couple pics, and of course a video of the Hurricane firing up here (don't forget to click "watch in HD in the lower right hand corner of that video, big difference): Clinton Fall 2013 on Flickr

2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2013 at 10:50am
Great weekend Gang, Saturday weather and water conditions could not have been any nicer. Great food, couple of late night campfires and of course it was great to see everyone, especially the Hunters whom we miss dearly. Can't wait for the next one.

As for the Hurricane, it did run pretty good. Had to make a few trans adjustments to get us through the weekend but it's still not right, couple more trips out and I'll keep tweaking on it. Joel also left me with a prop to try next time we're out as I need to get the rpms down a bit.

It also might serve me well to get the fuel gauge working as we ran out of gas with the boat ramp in sight and had to get hooked to the rope of shame! At least it was behind a Competition tow boat!

Does anyone have a picture of the Hurricane with the boat full of lovely ladies and one smiling old man?
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2013 at 11:56am
Alan,
The Hurricane looked and sounded just amazing going out across Clinton.. I missed getting a ride in it, as it was hogged up most of the time haha.. You'll get the small stuff ironed out..

Sat weather was amazing out there Mid 70's, 90 degree, flat water.. My youngest boared more there than in GL at summer.. Great day for sure.. Dana is an awesome driver by the way, but I already told you that, plus you already know !!!

Great to see those we haven't seen in awhile.. Pat (sorry we missed Wendy), the Hunter's etc.. Great way to close out the summer..

We'll be there next June for sure...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2013 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Does anyone have a picture of the Hurricane with the boat full of lovely ladies and one smiling old man?

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2013 at 1:01pm
My first time at Clinton lake.....I was impressed! I have never experienced water that warm on a lake before... NICE

I was VERY impressed with the ride in the Hurricane!!...smooth as butter and sounds amazing! Felt like brand new. alan's right leg will be sore for a couple weeks from holding the trans in gear while giving rides thanks for the ride alan!! Oh and i like the picture above...looks kinda familiar..lol

great to see everyone!! i hope to be back in june!

It was also good to see gary(Stang72) his wife lisa and heldon....they were there Friday night....GOOD see you guys!

I have some pics that will post later!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2013 at 4:50am
Very nice Larry!
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2013 at 1:43am
Had a great day at lake Clinton. Thanks to Paul and Kim Waters for allowing me to occupy there back seat. It was also nice to see several people I hadn't seen in a couple years. If you ever get a chance to go to Lake Clinton for what ever reason , I suggest you jump at the chance. The weather and water were beautiful.It was just overall a great experience!!
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2013 at 2:50am
Clinton never disappoints. I was great to see everyone and spend some needed time in the warm water.
Thanks Alan and Todd we couldn't survive "camping" without you.

Here are a few pics:
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2013 at 2:03pm
RJ- The Master of Mellow! The Sultan of Smooth! Great to see you guys and thanks for the pics!

Also funny talking about how immediately and substantially inadequate we all feel in the presence of Todd's truck! Good times.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2013 at 6:42pm

The boats look great and Dana getting some air from that sweet GREEN MACHINE .....
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2013 at 10:01am
Hey alan....it's funny, those girls showed up on my boat too! lol

1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2014 at 1:07pm
Any Plans for Clinton Fall run??
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2014 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Any Plans for Clinton Fall run??

No plans right now Mojo, Some of us are trying to get down to Reids in Sept. Looks like we've got a mini gathering at Clinton next weekend though, 4 boats so far if you can make it down.

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2014 at 5:05pm
No can on next weekend. last GL weekend already before Labor Day. Just wondering... Have fun on both accounts..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

1974SN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1974SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2014 at 4:32am
Oh wow, I just got back on this site (it's been years) and saw your post. I live in Blono and would love to meet everyone. As my screen name says I have 1974 Ski Nautique. Just blew the transmission though so I better get busy repairing it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic