NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Identify this Ski boat?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nicolajjetrider View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Identify this Ski boat?
    Posted: August-09-2013 at 10:11am
Hi guys

can any of you identify this boat?
I cant figure out brand or model. No logo or something.

ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 11:03am
Look to see if there is a hull identification number on the right side of the transom. Maybe there will be hints to the MFG name or model that you can Google search.

The side windows are unique so maybe just look at a bunch of Google images of 1970s and 1980s ski boats to narrow it down.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 11:19am
Isn't that the manufacturers name on the seat backs? Doral?
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 11:33am
Those seats look too new and modern for that boat. I don't think they are original. I'm pretty sure Doral only makes/made I/O boats.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 11:37am
Fuel line and pump look mighty sketchy!

"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 11:39am
Bears some resemblance to a Century Resorter to me.

GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 11:49am
heh, my first impression was century as well
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by ny_nautique ny_nautique wrote:

The side windows are unique so maybe just look at a bunch of Google images of 1970s and 1980s ski boats to narrow it down.

Jeff , "unique" ..... you were being kind in your description!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 12:12pm
It does look Century but all the Resorters I've seen have lifting strakes, and I don't see any here. Not the best pictures though...
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 12:27pm
I don't think it's a Century. Similar, but too many differences. No lifting strakes, bow's too rounded, different deck. Could be some sort of knock off. I read they sold the molds when they went bankrupt.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 12:29pm
What is the Hull Identification Number(s)? That would be a start because the boat doesn't appear original (period appropriate) in many ways.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 1:07pm
Maybe a Century Resorter is a good guess. Maybe a knockoff....

I will try get the ID number of the hull.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicolajjetrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 1:08pm
what is " Strakes "
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 1:41pm
Strakes are ribs on the bottom of some hulls that help control/handling in the water. .

How long is that boat?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 1:44pm
Resorter strakes:

74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I don't think it's a Century. Similar, but too many differences. No lifting strakes, bow's too rounded, different deck. Could be some sort of knock off. I read they sold the molds when they went bankrupt.

Agreed not a Century, but nice lines for sure! Actually it was their parent company at the time, Glasstream, that bankrupted. Then the whole focus veered in a different direction thru and beyond the Yamaha years.
Whoevers got the original MI molds oughta run those georgeous hull designs again.

FYI, anyone looking for classic Century parts try & A Marine (www.clasicboating.com), they've got the original embossed upholstery patterns from the old Manistee plant, and a whole lot more.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 8:13pm
I agree that it's not a Century. Notice the Boat is in Denmark so it could be a European manufacturer. I don't think they use the same HIN system we do so asking for it will probably not give us a clue.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I agree that it's not a Century. Notice the Boat is in Denmark so it could be a European manufacturer. I don't think they use the same HIN system we do so asking for it will probably not give us a clue.

Not asking will help less.....
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 11:02pm
I think they have the internet in Europe too.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2013 at 11:21pm
Was looking at the photos again, if it was a Century it would have have a squared rudder like this, not the rounded style pictured:
(Whatever it is, I like it!)

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2013 at 12:09am
Century Resorter FGL is my take.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Fibersport View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fibersport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2013 at 11:37am
Definately not a Century, I have one and that's not it. None of the front decks ever looked like that. As for the rudder on the picture of the Mark I, that was what they called their speed rudder. It was standard on some models and optional on others.
Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic