NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

airguide

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: airguide
    Posted: February-28-2006 at 3:48pm
did someone here shell out the two bills for the orginal in the box speedo on E-bay? That's just insane,... money well spent, ...put still pretty salty price,

you used to be able to get them for under a 100 bucks the last two I've seen on e-bay have gone pretty high. I guess the faded needle on the one isn't that bad after all.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2006 at 5:56pm
Nooooo...not me! I have recently mentioned on other posted that NOS speedos on ebay are inexspensive...but $200.00 ...damn I may have to eat my words...OR SAY ...They USED to be cheep!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2006 at 8:44pm
stang72 I think you talked them up too much and sent the ebay prices through the roof, now i am going to upgrade the whole dash to Faria...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2006 at 6:49am
...any recommendations for Faria models of speedos/tachs??
Heath
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2006 at 7:03am
I don't have a specific recommendation, but I do have a general one: If you are interested in the best accuracy with your speedometer, use a paddlewheel and an electronic speedometer (or a GPS speedometer).
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2006 at 8:05am
I don't have any experience with specific models yet but I have seen them and I like the look of a lot of them, and they were used as OEM gauges on the new Nautiques and that just makes me feel better about them. http://www.greatlakesskipper.com/
has a good selection and pretty attractive prices for sets of the them. Jameski has it right in terms of accuracy though, no pitot tube type speedo is ever going to be as accurate as a paddle wheel at lower speeds (under 30) or a good GPS at any speed, although I suspect the airguides get close enough for most people. I am planning on a perfect pass wakeboard pro to help with the precision speed needs, the full set of faria guages are pretty much there just to monitor the engine and look good. I am going to add the Faria Depth Sounder as opposed to the Hummingbird recommended on this site just for the sake of uniformity. Sooo many gauges soo little dash board, some classic fiberglass is in real jeopardy on this project...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic