Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1980?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
AtlanticBoatGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtlanticBoatGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1980?
    Posted: August-15-2013 at 2:22pm
I have just picked up the boat pictured, the previous owner listed it as a 1980 model. Somehow I dont think thaat is right! Can anyone give me an idea of the year?

ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2013 at 4:14pm
The windshield says late 60's early 70's but the rest of it doesn't look like a CC to me. The way the platform is mounted (maybe aftermarket), the lack of features on the bow, the transom mounted tow hook, the shape of the rear grab bar...

The body kind of looks like an early 70's skier.

Browse through the brochures in the reference section to see if you can find it.

If it is a Correct Craft, it's not a 1980 or anything later than that.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2013 at 4:24pm
I feel like I've seen this boat on here before. Obviously lots of non CC parts.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2013 at 4:24pm
It appears to be a '70 (maybe a '71) Ski Nautique. Lots of unoriginal details (too many to list out) but the windshield and gauge placement on that deck indicate a very early 2nd gen (1970-1981) SN. Its definitely not a 1st gen (1961-1969) SN and its too large to be a Skier.

'71 brochure (probably showing a '70 model boat):

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2013 at 4:29pm
FYI, this same boat was debated on PN a few years ago... and I still think its a 70-71 SN, just like I said back then! Better pictures shown on page 2.

"1981" SN in Bermuda
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2013 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

FYI, this same boat was debated on PN a few years ago... and I still think its a 70-71 SN, just like I said back then! Better pictures shown on page 2.

"1981" SN in Bermuda

Holy Nautique Savant. What Google-fu did you use to find that? I know the flowers are easy to remember but did that thread mention "Bermuda"?
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2013 at 4:44pm
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2013 at 4:49pm
OP's location is Bermuda. How many CCs do think are down there?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtlanticBoatGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2013 at 4:52pm
Wow.. You guys have great memories to recognize this boat from before! At this point I havent even taken posession of her yet so I cant get into to much detail. But just knowing the little that I know I guessed it is pre 1980. The other thing is that it was listed as a 1980 Ski Nautique... Hmmmm... Definatly need to do some reasearch on this boat. Would the serial number or hull ID be on the transom?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2013 at 4:57pm
Yes but that won't tell you the year. Because of its age you'd have to cross reference it with Correct Craft and I'm not sure anyone is there to do that for you anymore.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2013 at 4:58pm
If its a 70-71, then no, the hull number will not be on the transom- that convention wasnt started until '73 or '74, IIRC. If the original capacity plate is near the throttle, it will have an ID number on it, probably SN-XXXX. CC can look it up by that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtlanticBoatGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2013 at 5:07pm
Thanks! I will have a good look around Saturday when it gets delivered to my house and let you all know what I find.. Or not find! Should be able to get more pictures as well.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2013 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

OP's location is Bermuda. How many CCs do think are down there?

7?
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2013 at 5:18pm
Love the wrap! And Im not a wrap guy.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic