Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1989 SN 2001 Transmission

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Steve1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1989 SN 2001 Transmission
    Posted: August-24-2013 at 12:04pm
I have a 1989 PCM (40 A) 1.23.1 Ration transmission for sale. Removed from my 1989 SN 2001 with only 400 original hours by PCM certified mechanic last week. Transmission still functions but sounded as if bearings were worn and I didn't want to go through a rebuild so I replaced it with a new PCM transmission. I'd like sell it to someone who can rebuild and use it rather than sell it at a scrap yard. All reasonable offers will be considered and buyer will pay shipping unless it is a local buy in the Cincinnati area.
Bones71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bones71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2013 at 1:51pm
Steve, don't scrap it. Someone should want it. Let me know if you have no takers. I might want it. Tony.
That money talks, I'll not deny, I heard it once: It said 'Goodbye'
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2013 at 7:24pm
Sent you a PM.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
Steve1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2013 at 4:57pm
Will do. Thanks Tony.
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2013 at 5:10pm
The noise is probably normal. The planetaries in those boxes tend to rattle real bad at idle and slow speeds. The main troubles with them happens when you get water in them.
Art
"Art"
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2013 at 5:50pm
I'm curious Art,are these trans the same length as a BW? If it is could you put one say in a Mustang? You could level out the engine and then you could run a lefty taking advantage of roller cams but still turning a right hand prop
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2013 at 6:43pm
The 1.23 is slightly longer than the BW. It also has a 5 degree down-angle between the input and the output shafts, so you could drop the front of your engine a bit. I can do a bit of research and tell you exactly how much longer it is. In a Mustang, you would have to watch the distance between the output coupler and the stuffing box. It is usually possible to shorten the stuffing box hose a bit to move it back. Any decent machine shop can shorten the shaft and re-keyway it. If you go that way, make sure you tell them you want a radius in the corners of the keyway. It will cut down on the chance of a fatigue failure of the shaft. You then have to get a key with a radius, or just grind off the shaft-side corners of one. All the prop keyways on our shafts have been cut that way for a long time.
Let me know if you want me to look up the difference in length.
"Art"
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2013 at 7:33pm
I don't want to bother you for that Art,I was just wondering if it was a viable option to eliminate a righty in an older boat
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2013 at 11:17pm
It will be no trouble to find the lengths of both. Just have to look through some books and notes. I used to know that number well, but I guess age and non-use of the information has deleted it from my brain.

If I were you, I wouldn't give up that H-M for the world! Just remember that if you ever need a starter for it, it is a very unique starter. You have to make it from the nose and armateur off one model and the housing off another. Have yours repaired, don't trade.
Art
"Art"
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2013 at 12:00am
I don't want to Art,I just was wondering. The plan right now is to bring it down again to the next SJRR,I found all the missing SS parts and it's now back to the way you guy's built her. I happen to have a very good auto elecrtic shop near me,I found a cracked mount on my original alternator,he had a used housing and changed it over and checked it out for $55. He has in the past gone thru the alternator and starter before,he has also worked on one of my 6v tractor generators while I waited!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2013 at 12:58am
PM sent
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic