Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1st run of the year!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st run of the year!
    Posted: March-05-2006 at 5:09am
Well we went skiing yesterday, it was fantastic, the air temp was 39 and the water was 34, that's brisk baby.

Rob
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2006 at 5:32am
HardCore man!
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2006 at 7:39am
Brisk is an understatement.... you must live up north. In Florida, water temp below 75 is "brisk"....34 is insane ! You the man.    
Heath
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2006 at 7:56am
Rob - Where are you located?
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2006 at 11:28am
Toledo Oh

We Ski on the maumee river down past Grand Rapids Oh.

Rob
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2006 at 7:07pm
   That is dam cold!!! Makes for a new meaning of drinking WARM ones. Is there such a thing???

Jeff....
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2006 at 10:10pm
Rob,
"fantastic"?.. did you have to watch out for ice?
...Im in NW IL ...40 and sunny yesterday.... 5" of snow today, got the sleds out ,not the boat:( ..Im sending the snow your way...softens those hard landings!
Im still looking forward to meeting you at GL (i think).....steve
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2006 at 10:04am
Yo rob,

I'm jealous.....But dont think i'm that hardcore about wakeing when its that cold. I guess i should have went last week, Almost hit 80 here in K.C.(normaly 30) Yea it was nice!! Its to bad the boat wasnt in project mode or i would have went out!! See ya at green lake!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2006 at 10:07am
Hey 62,

You know that our Classics will bust through the ice!!(Ice breakers)The only ice i plan on breakin through this winter is in the bottom of a cooler!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2006 at 11:45am
Paul,
AMEN BRO!!!!Bring on the "classic" ice breakers! ....how far off is July?..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
1time17 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1time17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2006 at 12:37pm
i have to make you all jealous i went riding friday it was 75 outside and water temp was like 68 man did it feel great next day off is wed.. cant wait to get back out there glad summer is already here in florida...
gotta love those old school nautiques
custom2001
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2006 at 4:05pm
I'm with 1time 17, great here in FLA. Only ice we see here is on the cold ones.
1time17; where ya been? Ain't seen ya postin' lately.

jbear
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2006 at 8:36pm
I think it made it to 83 today here in Central Texas. It hit 92 already this month. I remember thinking Summer's coming early this year! I'm not sure about the water temperature but the Bass are starting to move. People have been sking the last two weeks. Saw a couple of jet skies this afternoon. Dang, it's hard to get any work done this time of year.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2006 at 10:18pm
Jimbo,

Thought I heard all the lakes were dry in TX??

BKH
Livin' the Dream

jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2006 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Jimbo,

Thought I heard all the lakes were dry in TX??

BKH

If we don't get some good rain this Spring, we're gonna be in trouble! The lake I live on is pretty constant. The lake that feeds us is about three feet low. (The same lake that had so much water in it in July 2001, it ran over the spillway for the first time ever, creating a 500 year flood.)
We're still in a drought. The main problem has been grass fires and poor forage for the wild and domestic animals. We had a little bit of rain recently but not nearly enough to make up for the dry Fall and Winter. You see, there was this High Pressure dome over us that forced all the tropical moisture to Louisiana. Where they certainly didn't need it. --->What are you, a Weatherman?<---
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2006 at 11:44pm
Jimbo, which lake?
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2006 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by jimbo jimbo wrote:

[QUOTE=bkhallpass] --->What are you, a Weatherman?<---

That's funny. No, just curious. I saw one guy list a nautique for sale in TX because his lake was dry and he didn't expect he'd be able to to use the boat all summer. BKH
Livin' the Dream

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2006 at 5:25am
Man,that's like selling your snowmobile cause there's no snow this year....there's always next year!listening to you guys talk about 75 degree weather is making me want head to the lake,but its hard to back a boat into the lake with 10 inches of ice in your way!(I think,but to be honest I've never tried it...Hmmm)
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2006 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Dank Dank wrote:

Jimbo, which lake?

Lake Dunlap, in New Braunfels, on the Guadalupe River.
When I was a kid, I'd go swimming in Dec if it was a nice sunny day!
I stole that "weatherman" thing from a TV commercial. The dad takes the family snow sking and the teenage son:"it's summer" Dad: "what are you, a weatherman?"
I laugh every time I see it. Sometimes I give too much detail about the weather
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2006 at 10:41am
cool...I've never been down there. Looks nice, might have to make a road trip :) We hit Lake Austin last night. The water was cold, but it's always cold. Air temp was perfect. Didn't even need a towel when you got out.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2006 at 9:08pm
The kids asked if they could go swimming today I think we'll make them wait until April
Dunlap is a great water ski lake if you go in the morning during the week. Smooth as glass!
There's a public boat ramp boat ramp under IH 35. BTW, There's a "temporary" ban on towed inflatables.
It's not the party crowd of Lake Austin though. Sometimes it's nice to be able to cruise up to Carlos and Charlie's for a Rita or raft up with some other boats and party, as we used to say. Or go up to Travis and cruise by Hippie Hollow.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic