Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SV211 vs SV211 TE

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
smstansbu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smstansbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SV211 vs SV211 TE
    Posted: September-02-2013 at 12:11am
Please be easy on me here.. I'm looking to purchase our first family boat. I feel that the SV211 fits my family background perfectly.

My question I have is what is the difference between the SV211 vs the SV211 Team?

THanks in advance.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2013 at 12:31am

Happy shopping...211s are great cross over boats.....
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2013 at 12:33am
TE is team edition..... LE is limited edition......SE is signature edition.

They are all trim levels.... Peek at the reference section at the brochures..... You should easily see the options which are added for each level.....

Happy shopping...211s are great cross over boats.....

BTW TE are "fully loaded" with options........
smstansbu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smstansbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2013 at 10:51pm
Anyway to tell if the used 211 I'm looking at is a TE, LE or SE? Owner de-badged the boat and says he can't remember.

Can I ask for the VIN to check? If so, where can I check the VIN?
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2013 at 11:12pm
EasTest Way....Signatur Has Rocker Switches....Team Has Big Amp And Fiberglas Swim ... Limite Is Likely In Between...Hull ID Doesn't Help.
smstansbu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smstansbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 12:54am
I plan on reviewing the boat this week.. So I've only looked at pics. One thing that stood out to me for 2006 SV211, it had a teak swim deck. Which I thought was rare as I've only seen the fiberglass swim.

thanks again for the help.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 10:41am
I Believe It Says On The Capacity Plate....
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 10:45am
Call the factory with the hull # to be sure. Options can be added and subtracted and there are too many variables. A Team boat will have tower, boardracks ,ballast, composite platform, keyless ign, subwoofer, dual batteries, and a jumpseat. Any of those options can be added to lesser models but if it has them all ( from factory) not aftermarket then it is most likely a Team. Also, Teak platform avail as option on 211T in 05 but is listed as not avail for 06. So the teak may have been swapped out from an earlier boat, but I would double check and make sure the boat is actaully an 06. If it has the 305 motor with keyed ignition....definately not a team lol

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 11:05am
Pics help
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

smstansbu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smstansbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 2:55pm
When going through Nada Guides, I only see 3 options for an SV211 in 06. LE, TE and SE. That's it right?
smstansbu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smstansbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 3:02pm

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 3:49pm
Looks like a Signature series with factory ballast, tower , and perfect pass, as well as a few other options. Rocker switches were not avail on the Limited and Team, at least according to the brochure. Can't make out the engine pic does it say ZR6? or Excaliber ? You are correct on the models for 06, but each one could be fitted with multiple options above and beyond their original platform. Go to the reference section of this site and look at the 2006 brochure. The last few pages list all of the models with all available options.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
smstansbu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smstansbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 4:00pm
The motor does say Excalibur

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 4:08pm
Definitely not a TE edition. Boat, but that just adds all the bells and whistles you may not want.. I have a 2005 SV211TE and so far it's given me everything I need to do as far as a family boat as well as a watersports. It's a great crossover.. The Excaliber motor gives us everything we need and more..

What are you looking to do with the boat? Let me know when you're ready for the graphics upgrade woohoo...

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

smstansbu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smstansbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 5:10pm
My family loves going out to the lake on their Uncle's boat. and they love getting into a tube, try to wakeboard, etc. The warden (wife) she just loves being out on the water.. The crossover to me is a perfect fit for my family. Uncle has an 2002 210 SAN.

I'm going to ask for the Hull ID for reference..
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2013 at 6:59pm
That looks like the low end boat. Not a big deal if you like it. One of the best all around water sports people I know bought the low end boat because he knew he would want to add all his own stereo equipment, etc. and he wanted a key instead of the electronic keypad.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 10:23am
Originally posted by smstansbu smstansbu wrote:

My family loves going out to the lake on their Uncle's boat. and they love getting into a tube , try to wakeboard, etc. The warden (wife) she just loves being out on the water.. The crossover to me is a perfect fit for my family. Uncle has an 2002 210 SAN.

What!!! Did he say that on this site!!
Pete would be the one for advise on the best boat for the tube department. He happens to be a world class 3 event pro tubber.    
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 10:57am

My family loves going out to the lake on their Uncle's boat. and they love getting into a tube, try to wakeboard, etc. The warden (wife) she just loves being out on the water.. The crossover to me is a perfect fit for my family. Uncle has an 2002 210 SAN.

Hull ID is irrelevant really. Like Brian said, it's a basic 211 that was optioned with a tower, and that's all. Lets see a pic of the boat on the trailer and advise the asking price. We'll give you an idea of it's value.. What's your budget?

The 211 is however not a 210. While it has ballast, it is still designed and sold as a crossover (ski and wakeboard) capable. it's much harder to surf, but much easier to ski.. And well Tubing (any boat can pull them).. The 211 is a "stauncher" style boat than the 210.

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

smstansbu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smstansbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 12:43pm
Yes, I did say "tube".. I like the crossover as an all around family boat. I still like to board..

None the less, the one boat I was looking at, and thank you all for the help and education, I have a few reservations. So my search still continues.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 2:24pm

Yes, I did say "tube".. I like the crossover as an all around family boat. I still like to board..

None the less, the one boat I was looking at, and thank you all for the help and education, I have a few reservations. So my search still continues.

What's the reservations?? It certainly can't be a keyless start pad,trust me I'd rather have a key, mine starting to go.. And a stereo can always be added
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

smstansbu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smstansbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 3:12pm
No, not at all.. The boat has 330 hrs and I'm speaking to what he assumes is the second boat owner. He purchased the boat from a broker. Where he said he had to buy the teak platform cause it didn't have one at the time of sale. He also said that the broker told him that there is some water in the v-drive?? Which over time rusted and failed so the current owner said he spent $3k on a new v-drive and had the valves adjusted on the motor. It is a key ignition and he's owned the boat since Feb 2013.

I truly appreciated his candid feedback, but cosmetics and stereo was the last I would worry about.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2013 at 4:01pm
Ahh.. Yes, sounds like the boat took on a little water at some point.. Oh and like other's we know, sounds like someone may have smashed the platform by possibly running it into an Oak, but sure, sounds weird.. I'd prefer buying from someone that owns and actively used the boat, or a reputable dealer..

There are other 211's out there. I hope you find a nice one and make your family happy. Mine sure did.. Best of luck in your search..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

79SNbrady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79SNbrady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2013 at 12:25pm
as mojo stated the 211 is a good crossover boat, i like the 211 but i dont ski and all the 211s i was finding was around the price range of a 07 236 and went for the bigger boat since i wakeboard and surf mostly and like the room/storage.

If your looking around look for a 07 236. they are the same boat as a 230 just different prop, and a lot cheaper than a 08+ 230. The ski wake isnt the best but is ski able.
"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
-Parks Bonifay

1979 Ski Nautique - (stringer job completed summer 2012)
2007 236 Team - All White!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic