NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lanier Gathering Oct 5, 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2013 at 1:11am
Weather seems to be going down hill, hope this changes!!!

Day Oct 5
Scattered T-Storms

71°FHigh

Chance of rain:
    40%

Wind:
    N at 8 mph

Humidity:
    70%

UV Index:
    7 - High

Sunrise:
    7:33 am

Moonrise:
    8:08 am

Moonphase:
    New

Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2013 at 9:13am
The weathermen here in GA. cant predict what will happen this afternoon.
Your better off watching the cows to see if they are laying down or not.
or check the radar the day of the event.
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2013 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

The weathermen here in GA. cant predict what will happen this afternoon.
Your better off watching the cows to see if they are laying down or not.
or check the radar the day of the event.

And so you say we may be neither boating nor cow-tipping?

Perhaps we just need a good bribe to up the Mellish-Meter... LOL]
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2013 at 12:45am
I tipped over some cows, goats and a hole bunch of other animals (to be on the safe side) and got that global warming thing going again
....so we should be good to go on Sat.
When and where?
1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2013 at 11:14am
OK
I talked to Morfoot this morning and we are locking in at Bald Ridge ski cove Sat 10-5-13. We are planning to be there at 9am . The ski cove is located on the left side of the marina . As you come into Bald Ridge Marina on the water go straight to the docks and then turn left and go past the no wake buoys. I'm bringing the Pontoon as a home base it will be sporting the CCF banners on both sides. I will have a grill on board all are welcome to cook what they brought. The weather prediction is 83 partly sunny with a 5 mph wind. I was in the water over the weekend and its still confortable high 70s low 80s. Looks to be a great end of season get together . If you have questions call me at 678-227-8833. We will see you there.
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2013 at 11:27am
Planning on being there too!
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2013 at 4:11pm
looking forward to it.
Which ramp will you guy's use?
1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2013 at 4:41pm
There is a ramp in the marina I will be coming from Flowery branch across the lake.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2013 at 4:46pm
I might splash the boat close to lazy days then and do the same.
will pm you my cell so we can hook up in the morning
1994 Sport Nautique
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2013 at 5:08pm
I guess our best bet is to put in @ the marina. Can't wait!!!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2013 at 11:39pm
Bald Ridge Marina launch ramp open 24/7 with a $4 fee.
Think I will put in there on Saturday morning as well.
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2013 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

Bald Ridge Marina launch ramp open 24/7 with a $4 fee.
Think I will put in there on Saturday morning as well.

Hiya Jim:

Much as I'd like to drag the Southwind over sometime, gonna hitchhike again this time. Most likely solo; not likely..but possibly with a friend. Just spoke with Morfoot; gonna text him a "come pick me up" message from Bald Ridge Marina on arrival. In the event I can't reach him, maybe you could give me your cell number (or PM me if you'd prefer). My cell is 404-735-0158.

Thanks, Jeff
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2013 at 12:15am
Jeff, you can hitch a ride with me and Robin if you like.
My cell 404 375 4625
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2013 at 12:36am
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

Jeff, you can hitch a ride with me and Robin if you like.
My cell 404 375 4625

Thanks Jim! I'll put your number in my phone. Your boats a beauty, great ride last year. Hope to ride in Tim's, yours, and as many others as possible.

Toertel: Thanks, just got your text but then my phone just died. (My ancient flip-phone is about as high-tech as my boat). I'll be coming from Peachtree City and have no idea where Burtons Mill Park is; but to make it simple, if the action is to be centered around Bald Ridge Marina, I'll just show up there. (I'll be the guy at the end of the dock with his thumb out). I think Tim & Jim have got me covered, but I'll let you know if I need a ride, thanks!
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
cboland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cboland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2013 at 6:09pm
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it out there tomorrow. Hope you guys have fun. Take lots of pictures for those of us that have to watch from the sidelines. Hopefully we can put another gathering together first thing in the Spring.

-Bud
Bud

1999 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2013 at 10:47pm
Bud, at least you have a good excuse. Hope you and Tassi are doing well. Excited to hear about the new addition! If she runs past the due date take her for a boat ride....worked for us
We will catch you at the next CCFan Mini
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2013 at 12:45am
pics?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2013 at 1:35pm
Big thanks to Mike and Gail for the use of the pontoon, the grill and the great food!
Had a great day. Counted eight Correct Crafts, a Malibu, an Elite Craft and the pontoon. And nineteen people on and off during the day.
Couple folks ran the slalom course, Tim and Gail, pulled by Bob and his Ski Nautique 200.
Pulled the flotilla around out of the ski cove to a nice beach area where we grilled and enjoyed a beautiful Georgia afternoon with CCFans. Ended the afternoon over at Sunset Cove at Lake Lanier Islands.
Morfoot and 74Wind will have to post some pictures. I did not take one picture!
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2013 at 10:59pm
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2013 at 11:39am
Thank you Tim, Mike and Gail for the organization.
We had a great day with 76c water temp and tons of fun.
The little one was wiped after the day out on the water.
Thanks all, great outing and fantastic group!
Here some pics
This one made me laugh real hard (the folks are never to be seen on any of the ramps, but now had the time to put up a sign...)

Thank you Marty!

On the way to the cove (nice ride Tim and thanks for the txt)

relaxing at the beach (Jim, nice ride, almost won best in show and thanks for rescuing the strangers at the dock and pleasing my boy with a grand entrance!)
1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2013 at 11:50am
What a great day mid to upper 80s not a cloud in the sky water around 77 and glass conditions.
We started the day in the Bald Ridge ski cove. We met up with a group of skiers that set up a course there . Two Malibu Responses ,one MC Pro star and a Nautique 200. I think they were happy to see their ski cove invaded by seasoned CC owners instead of tubers and wakeboarders. My wife immediately snagged a ride on one of the Bu's three hours later she was still at it every time I looked up she was on a different boat. Talk about hitting it big how often can you ski the top three ski boats in the world one after the other. She learned more in those three hours than the last 20 years plus we made some new friends . As the day went on we moved out to a sandy beach for some food and chilling time . We ended the day around 7 at Sunset cove . The day couldn't have been better but I guess that's what happens when great friends great boats and great weather get together. Here are a few pics I have I'm sure more will follow.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2013 at 12:48pm
I have to agree the park rangers are never around but now they have time to put up notices and block off war memorials ? Burton Mill Park was closed for the season two weeks ago before the shut down. The boat ramp is open all year long. Its funny to see that not much changes for the average guy when the feds stop working . I guess they will keep reminding us until we take notice?
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2013 at 4:11pm
Awesome pics and looks like everyone had a great time.

Did any take close up pics of the Elite Craft?
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2013 at 11:30pm
Mike, here's the "Top 3 Boats" you mentioned,
And an Elite Craft close-up for Storm.
And some others..

A Great Day on the lake!!

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 2:51pm
Great weekend on Lanier gang as the weather was perfect, the boats were awesome and again the CCFans were even better. It's always great to hang with the local guys and we even added a non CC guy to the fold with his Elite Craft.. Pretty neat boat all in all and Peter would fit in well with the rest of us as he is about as anal as the rest of us when it comes to his ski boat. I've know his wife since we were 5 and this past weekend was the first time I ever met him.

The weekend was full of surprises as Mike previously mentioning us hooking up with guys who put in the slalom course. They were glad to see fellow skiers on the lake and said they had no issues with us using the course(well except Mike in his 210) and said they would be glad to pull us using their boat. Needless to say I wasn't gonna pass an opportunity to run it behind a SN 200. Hadn't run a course in 20 years and found out that I probably shouldn't have. MAN, DO I NEED WORK!

Had a great time even though I almost got swamped by a freaking Yacht who never bothered to slow down after "Miss Scarlett" lost her water pump and got hot REAL fast. An attach bolt sheared off and the pivot bolt was loose but I managed to get the belt back on, pivot bolt tight, and jammed a pry bar in the slott to keep tension on the belt, to get the engine going before the tidal wave hit. Mike took one over the stern of the ToonTique and Gail off the bow from the clown who only cared about himself...... Of course with Lanier fashion we ended up at Sunset Cove where there is always something interesting going on...(see enclosed pic)

If the weather gets warm again before Nov, I'm up for another day as always!

Mike and Gails' official CCFan "TOONTIQUE"!

Cell phone pic of the slalom course we were mooring by!

The scenery is ALWAYS good at Sunset Cove!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2013 at 2:54pm
Lanier looks like a nice lake!
210 SANTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 210 SANTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2013 at 8:47am
Tim,
I am up for another get together and would sure like another pass or two at the slalom course.   
2008 210 SANTE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2013 at 9:58am
We should be on the water this weekend. My son and daughter in law will be in town. They are ready for a boat ride!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2013 at 10:04am
Sat its supposed to be in the low 80s . I will probably be in the comp at Bald Ridge . Ill call our new ski buddies and see what they have planned.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2013 at 10:28am
That might be doable Reid as I don't have plans at the moment. I guess it may depends on whether 'Hotel Hunter' is still open? Mike guess maybe I shoulda left 'Miss Scarlett' up there

Welcome to CCFan Reid. It's about time you signed up!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic