NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lanier Gathering Oct 5, 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lanier Gathering Oct 5, 2013
    Posted: September-19-2013 at 1:15pm
Okay Atlanta area CCFans here is your notice...... After hearing from several members about an End OF Season gathering for the GA guys (out of staters too) we're nailing down this date for a gathering of sorts. The up in the air plan is to gather up at the north end of the lake close to Greg and Amy's place (Gainesville). A phone call to the Buffalo this morning said he was okay with us using his dock for Ground Zero but he may be out of town for the weekend. He should know in a few days whether he'll be around for sure and just plan to grill out etc. at his place. Y'all pipe up if your coming or possibly other suggestions to gather up on the south end but weather permitting...we're doing this thing! The more the merrier
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2013 at 5:52pm
Bueller?.......Bueller?
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2013 at 6:41pm
We are in!
let me know how I can help?
1994 Sport Nautique
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2013 at 9:02pm
Guess I'll have to drag the boat back out of the garage...
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2013 at 9:13pm
Tim...looks like we can make it as of right now. Looking forward too it!!!!!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2013 at 12:31am
Tim: Count me (or us?) in!

Would love to bring the old 74 over (seemed to be a severe shortage of oldies at the last Lanier thing I attended) but going from Peachtree City to Oconee to pick it up and then over to Lanier is a hassle, so I/we'd most likely end up as hitchhikers again, if someone can squeeze another CCFan or 2 in...

P.S.: End of the season? Au contraire mon frer! This is the best time of the year for Georgia boating!!
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2013 at 10:27am
Sure am ready for a break to the lake after the kind of day (and week) I had yesterday. Was not able to chime in on this until now.
Robin and I are in!
Tough decision: High School fortieth reunion? College and fraternity homecoming? or CCFans on Lanier?
Let's go skiing and boat riding
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2013 at 11:23am
The little birds will be there.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2013 at 11:27am
74Jeff, no problem catching a ride in something. Plenty of boats to choose from and I do realize it's REALLY not the end of the season for us Georgians. We've got till at least Nov.

The little birds had better be there as I may be crashing at their nest for the weekend
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2013 at 11:36am
Jeff, we will have room on our boat as well!
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2013 at 1:22pm
Our boat is stored on Buford Dam Rd and we splash it close to Lazy Days Marina. Is there a ramp closer? If now, how do I get there on the water (besides following the other nice Correct Craft's)?

Jeff, I'm sure we can make something happen
1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2013 at 1:36pm
Sebastian, it is a pretty long ride, by water, up to Buffalo Greg's place located in the Little River area of Lanier (45 minute ride by boat...if it is not too rough!) Usually, we put in at Little River Park and motor around to Greg's cove.
Look at a Lanier map. Greg is way up north almost to Wahoo Creek.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2013 at 1:44pm
Jim, found it and will tow to the place.
I'm sure we can hash out details (time etc) on short notice
1994 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2013 at 1:58pm
Good idea. It is a long, tired, sore, sunburn ride home by water after a day with the CCFans!
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2013 at 2:18pm
You can also put in at Gainesville Marina. Short trip up from there.
Greg

86 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2013 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

Greg is way up north almost to Wahoo Creek.

Just past. Wahoo is almost straight out from little river park.
1988 BFN-sold

74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2013 at 12:08am
Thanks for all the ride offers!

Tim: I was just kidding with you, great timing for and end-of season gathering. Don't ya just love boatin after Labor Day, though? We were out weekend before last and saw maybe a dozen boats all day.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2013 at 1:18am
We were out after 4pm during the week and it felt like we had the whole lake just for us :-)

Thanks for the details, we'll tow to the closest ramp and skip the ride across the lake
1994 Sport Nautique
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2013 at 3:13pm
Can some one recommend a good place to stay close by that doesnt cost an arm and a leg.(leaves out lake lanier island resort)
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2013 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by cphase cphase wrote:

Can some one recommend a good place to stay close by that doesnt cost an arm and a leg.(leaves out lake lanier island resort)

I would offer you a place, but I won't be able to make the party(or host). I'll be out of town and Amy is way out of town. I also had my annual luncheon with my insurance agent, and he hates the idea of me having folks over without me home. It came up in conversation and, now that he knows, I'd have no grace.

I'm going to miss seeing all of you and having a 'borrowed' driver who knows what's up. I haven't ridden near enough this year. I was planning to get as many of you in my boat as wanted and see where the wake went...oh well.

Yall have fun and make us wish we had been there!
1988 BFN-sold

74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 12:38am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Originally posted by cphase cphase wrote:

I would offer you a place, but I won't be able to make the party(or host). I'll be out of town and Amy is way out of town. I also had my annual luncheon with my insurance agent, and he hates the idea of me having folks over without me home. It came up in conversation and, now that he knows, I'd have no grace.

I'm going to miss seeing all of you and having a 'borrowed' driver who knows what's up. I haven't ridden near enough this year. I was planning to get as many of you in my boat as wanted and see where the wake went...oh well.

Yall have fun and make us wish we had been there!

So, Greg...You're saying we can't have a kegger at your dock while you're gone???? How 'bout we just invite your insurance agent, would that help? [<:o)]
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 12:45am
Looking forward to the gathering.
For those who are still thinking about it, this is what it looked like today...
1994 Sport Nautique
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 1:23am
Originally posted by Toertel Toertel wrote:

Looking forward to the gathering.
For those who are still thinking about it, this is what it looked like today...

Great photo. Sept/Oct in GA is glorious,eh? On Oconee Sunday and saw maybe twenty boats all day...a 100K Mastercraft zipped by with buncha hydrofoils up in the rack, guessin' mighta been the X-Air Madison guys out testing(?)if so,seen 'em before.looks like some serious fun.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 8:51am
Okay guy's since Greg is gonna be outta town for this little event do we just wanna have this on the south end of the lake. I know that Nautiquehunter has a pontoon that we could anchor out in some quiet cove to use as ground central. It comes equipped with a gas grill so we can just grill out on it in the middle of the lake. You guys who frequent the south end often should know of a quiet cove to do this on. Pipe up.....Whatch y'all think?
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 10:30am
We had a Supra/Moomba get together at Young Deer. It was at the park across from the ramp. There is also a island with a sandy beach now that the water is lower. 6 mile is another good location. There is a ski cove next to Bald ridge I will check it out this week.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

We had a Supra/Moomba get together at Young Deer.

You in one Supra and Gail in the other doesn't quite count.   
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 11:02am
South end of Lanier is fine with me. Depends on what Mike and Gail want to do with regard to the pontoon. Traffic has been a lot lighter on the lake since football season opened up. Had a great afternoon Sunday!
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2013 at 4:43pm
South is easy for me, so deal!
Just let me know what ramp y'all use and time and we'll be there.
We'll bring some home made cake.. (honey, if you read this, sorry for offering your cooking skills again...)
1994 Sport Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2013 at 1:23pm
I chatted with a old friend of mine from grade school via FB who lives on the water by Bald Ridge marina and told her about our little mini. Her husband is a skier and they own an skiboat of some sort (can't remember what it is...never heard of it) and would like to join us for the day. She also referred to that ski cove by marina as that's where they go. Food for thought.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2013 at 1:47pm
That area could work (never been on that side thou) and we could crash the Marine Max Boatoberfest party (after all they sell CC's)

http://www.marinemax.com/stores/southeast/cumming/boat-events/boatoberfest-bald-ridge.aspx
1994 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic