Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tangerine Barracuda

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2013 at 1:38pm
Thanks Todd, very excited to find a project that doesn't need much and will look respectable after some elbow grease.

We will see how it runs first but no plans to build up a 352.

Spent a few hours last weekend buffing and am pretty happy with the results.
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2013 at 10:19pm
The gel is coming back nicely although still not as bright as the gel under the stripes. Decent enough for now.

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2013 at 10:25pm
what a find
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2013 at 11:20pm
Buffed...waxed... Raked the leaves and new siding all in one day. You Hart boys do good work!
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2013 at 11:32pm
Bruce,

Yep, you can't get away with anything on this forum. You have to be proud (of the buffing, leaves, and siding)!!!

Todd
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2013 at 11:52pm
And then after lunch....
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2013 at 10:27am
after lunch hopefully the oil line
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2013 at 1:39pm
Is that a standard or reverse rotation? I've been having a terrible time finding parts for a rev 390, classic boat connection couldnt get me a rebuilt distributor and a cap and rotor was in the $140 ballpark, does yours have a 72c borg behind it?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2013 at 2:15pm
It is RR. It has a 71C.    The cap and rotor are available at NAPA.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2013 at 4:05pm
Such a cool boat, soon to be even cooler!!

Have to imagine you wetsanded that stern, what grit did you go down to??
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2013 at 4:09pm
Poly Glow?
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2013 at 5:56pm
So far, I haven't wet sanded and don't plan to. The gel is coming back nicely. I did use an incredible amount of 3M super duty compound. I won't be surpised if it takes a gallon to do the entire boat.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2013 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Buffed...waxed... Raked the leaves and new siding all in one day. You Hart boys do good work!

That cracked me up, as did the series of follow-ups

And Hussler, as well as others with old distributor issues: I went down this road several years ago (2006) with the RR dist for my Classic 390 Ford. Another CCF friend turned me on to the guys directly at Mallory (now owned by Presotlite) who do the rebuilding in house. I tracked them down just now after finding them online and talked to an nice informative guy named Craig. He said that they still provide this service. I previously remembered the rebuild on my 390 dist being unbelievably low as it was a dual point and included all internal parts and was just a whopping $125.00. I almost fell out of my chair at how low it was, and was just as surprised to find today that service is still just $129.00, AND comes with a warranty! As I did before, Craig said to just box it up with a letter stating your rebuild desires and contact info. The number is 216-658-6413
Mallory Marine
Repair Dept
10601 Memphis Ave., #12
Cleveland, OH 44144
ReidP
1973 Mustang

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2013 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Poly Glow?

And Billy Mays died!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2013 at 3:01am
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

And Hussler, as well as others with old distributor issues: I went down this road several years ago (2006) with the RR dist for my Classic 390 Ford. Another CCF friend turned me on to the guys directly at Mallory (now owned by Presotlite) who do the rebuilding in house. I tracked them down just now after finding them online and talked to an nice informative guy named Craig. He said that they still provide this service. I previously remembered the rebuild on my 390 dist being unbelievably low as it was a dual point and included all internal parts and was just a whopping $125.00. I almost fell out of my chair at how low it was, and was just as surprised to find today that service is still just $129.00, AND comes with a warranty! As I did before, Craig said to just box it up with a letter stating your rebuild desires and contact info. The number is 216-658-6413
Mallory Marine
Repair Dept
10601 Memphis Ave., #12
Cleveland, OH 44144

Thanks for the info reid! After a sonic cleaning the guts look a lot better, but for 129 that will be my next stop
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2020 at 4:16pm
Ha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic