Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gasket question??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Henner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gasket question??
    Posted: October-03-2013 at 5:40pm
Can anyone please give me the part number or tell me what gasket is needed. It is the gasket between the Base Plate and Body on a Ford 351 PCM with a Holley 4160.

Thanks,
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2013 at 7:34pm
this one?   SKIDIM
Henner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2013 at 10:52am
No the throttle body gasket. There are several kinds that say they are for a 4160 and we are pretty sure that we installed the wrong one after the carb rebuild.On Holley website there are several with part numbers 108-3, 108-61, 108-5 etc. and I am not sure which one i need.

Thanks,   
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2013 at 10:55am
Call Holley with your LIST number and they can tell you what you need.
Henner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2013 at 5:29pm
Okk, just got off the phone with Holley so let me try to explain what he said. From all the research i have done i figured my Carb was a Holley 4160 part #0-80319-1, i gave him my list number 50463 and he said that is the carb i have not a 80319 and they do not have the specs on that Carb anymore to tell me specificaly what Throttle Body gasket it takes. I orginally bought the renew kit 703-47 for the 80319 carb. He says i need the renew kid 703-29 for the style carb i have now. So my idling issue could be because of the wrong renew kit.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2013 at 5:43pm
Im confused. What is your list number? 80319 or 50463? It cant be both. It is stamped on the choke horn- go look at it.
Henner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2013 at 10:48pm
No that's what im saying I never looked on the horn i just assumed i had a 80319 because that's what DIM sales for the 351. And rebuilt the carb at beginning of summer and had idling problems ever since and have done everything in the book and never corrected the problem. And a buddy said we may have the wrong gasket on there. Well that appears to be the problem now that summer is over and time to winterize. But good to find out cause i was fixing to just buy a new carb from DIM (a 80319)because i was tired of jacking with it. Thank you TRB for telling me to check list number and call Holley which i should have done before rebuilding carb. IDIOT!!!! live and learn to look before assuming.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic