Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lost fuel filler cap

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost fuel filler cap
    Posted: March-13-2006 at 3:24pm
What a plum. my mate left the screw-in cap on the boat after we'd filled it up, does anyone know what the thread should be on our 79' nautique BERTHA! and if anyones got a couple of pics it'd be much obliged, i can turn a new on eup its just easier if i know what im machining
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2006 at 12:14am
Here you go.

Bman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2006 at 7:26pm
For anyones reference the thread is 12TPI, 60 degree, 45mm o/d with a thread depth of 3mm off the diameter. That may not be perfect but i've got a nice snug fitting fuel cap!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2006 at 7:56pm
I'm sure it's a standard inch thread and not metric and you could have pick one up at about any marine supply or wal-mart store.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2006 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

I'm sure it's a standard inch thread and not metric and you could have pick one up at about any marine supply or wal-mart store.

Yes, good point, except . . . . . Bman is in Britain. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Bman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2006 at 9:05pm
yep, thought it was 1'3/4 but the thread is very truncated, Yes im a metric boy, im pretty sure its a 12un series thread from the form but because its quite hard to measure internal thread especially when there attached to your boat 10 miles from where you work and live. but im there now.... I need to get used to this imperial stuff as the m/c shop i had an interview for today make oil industry stuff which is all imperial!
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2006 at 2:41am
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Yes, good point, except . . . . . Bman is in Britain. BKH

Aren't they building Wally-Marts in China now?
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2006 at 1:28pm
Yes but in China it is pronounced "RawryMart". And you will not need a gas filler cap you will need a "gas firrer cap".

I know about this because I had a Chinese roommate once. (He came to America on a Ruxury Riner.)
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2006 at 5:12am
I don't know what shipping would be across the pond but gas fillers are available from www.overtons.comfuel fill
Bob Ed
83 2001
Bman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2006 at 5:46pm
cheers for the recommendation after i've struggle to make one!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2006 at 4:30am
Will I thought about looking up what the extra fine thread would be, but wasn't sure if I should list it as British Standard, Imperial or English

Beside we all know you had a lathe and we where wanting for you to tell us
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2006 at 7:23pm
When I was a kid someone stole the cap off my '66 Baracuda. I just stuck a rag in it. (It's probably not a great idea though.)

My advise is to take your mate that left the cap on the back of the boat, tie bricks to his feet and throw in at the same spot the cap fell off the boat. Maybe he can find it.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2006 at 7:56pm
J_I_H: What was shipping on the Ruxury Riner? Not to much I hope
I concur on the locating advice. That is why Mrs.jbear sits up front and always makes me pump the gas.
BTW: Probably gonna be way over $3 at Norris this summer. Yikes!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic