NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 242526
Author
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Looks like a great time. I'm sorry I missed it.

Here's some more photos from the Chris Craft Commander web site.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/message/1396976447/Okay+guys........................................here+are+PHOTOS+....................+%21%21%21

Cool pics, besides the gratuitous use of the fisheye lens.

What a ridiculous URL for that forum post. What an SEO killer.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by ny_nautique ny_nautique wrote:

Looks like a great time. I'm sorry I missed it.

Here's some more photos from the Chris Craft Commander web site.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/message/1396976447/Okay+guys........................................here+are+PHOTOS+....................+%21%21%21

Cool pics, besides the gratuitous use of the fisheye lens.

What a ridiculous URL for that forum post. What an SEO killer.

Some nice pics ,but just another ACBS ass with the 'glass remarks...

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 12:26pm
I don't think he means anything negative about the glass as he owns at least 3 classic glass Chris Crafts. His site has the most info anywhere on the marine 427 Ford. He actually did a nice write up on our Cuda a few months ago.
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 12:29pm

Well back to reality here in CT after an unforgettable week in Florida!

Wanted to thank Billy and Karen for everything the did for the SJRR and the ACBS show. Also for inviting me and dad to stay at their parramores cabin along with Rodger and Addie. It was a pleasure to meet everyone and share some stories.

Saturday night dad and I went to the dinner to honor Mr. Ralph. We had a wonderful steak dinner with Billy, Karen, Alan, Dana, Steve, Pam, Rodger and Addie. After dinner we were honored to hear some of the great stories from Mr. Ralph's truly amazing life. He is an amazing man who has truly lived the live he has loved.

After the dinner we proceeded back to Parramore's for the cookout/raffle. A special thanks to Christine, George and Nick from Christine's for the $100 door prize!!! My plan is to save mine till this years CT mini for perhaps a keg?? Either way THANKS Sooooo Much to CHRISTINE'S!!! You've absolutely got my business in the future!!!

Billy got me and dad out on river with the "collegiate"? on sunday morning and what a treat that was. You just can't beat the way an old wood boat rides! While out we saw and visited with Ccfans galore!! We met Adam and crew and he was gratious enough to give me my first wakeboard ride of the season. The alligators definitely give you some motivation not to fall! Great to meet Hollywood for first time and great to see Eric again. Also got to see Jackie on the river with his daughter and her boyfriend in Jackie's 74 SN. What a beautiful boat it is! She probably looks better than when she rolled out of the factory 40 years ago!! Truly an inspiration to me an my 77 SN. Great to catchup with u Jackie! Also thanks for finding my sunglasses!

Sunday evening the lee st. crew hosted us for a little wind down social. Thanks to Joe for the excellent hot dogs!! I think I ate 6!! Delicious!! Awesome to see you again Joe and thanks for everything you did to make this happen! Also got to meet jmurph, great guy and hope to see u again! Sorry we swept up the cash Saturday, better luck next time!!! And I think jmurph put it perfectly, "It's hard to believe how nice my internet friends are."

So much to remember I know I forgot alot but great to see everyone one and hope to make it back next year!!

Burton
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 12:31pm

I don't think he means anything negative about the glass as he owns at least 3 classic glass Chris Crafts. His site has the most info anywhere on the marine 427 Ford. He actually did a nice write up on our Cuda a few months ago.

Thats cool Bruce! I suppose it was posted on a "mainly wooden boat" site..it sure looks bad to an outsider that doesnt know him tho.

Do you have a link to the write up?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 12:36pm
Steve, I'd say he's one of us as far as the glass is concerned. His site is geared towards Chris Craft Commanders which are big glass boats, although they seem to like everything Chris Craft. Go to his site and search Correct Craft or Barracuda and you should find it.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Thats cool Bruce! I suppose it was posted on a "mainly wooden boat" site..it sure looks bad to an outsider that doesnt know him tho.

Bruce is right on and the guys comments were simply a case of text or posts not being able to accurately reflect sarcasm. His site is indeed dedicated to the classis fiberglass Chris Crafts. I unknowingly spent a few minutes with him at my boat (I'm actually in one of the pics) as he was explaining the incredible virtues of the magnetically attached $8 Radio Shack fisheye lens for an iPhone. (see, that's sarcasm, but accurate) With just the limited time spent with me, you could tell he was more than OK with 'glass. I just wished I'd known at the time who he was .
ReidP
1973 Mustang

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 2:35pm
Sorry for the diversion and I humbly apologize for assuming ... now lets get back to posting some pics from the week...

My 73 in the background with Todd in his NICE woodie! (sounds like his dad bought it new!)

another trip down the Dora...

"Doc Time" in front...

Todd bringing up the rear...

Miss America with twinn BBC power.

You would have to ask Billy?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 2:41pm
I'm guessing that last shot of Billy has something to do with smiles per gallon!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2014 at 11:46pm
Great Pics and write ups from everyone so far, I have a few pics here on the phone so I will do my best to post them, bear with me if it takes a few edits to get it to work. We had our own convoy heading down from North Carolina on Tuesday, sure we left a man or two behind here or there but we left and arrived together so I counting that as a win On the road...

Working out Reids Pilot Gas Discount Card  

Sadly we had no submissions for the photo contest  

Didnt really take any pictures till the sun came out on Sunday and I finally got back to the boat show

The 55 hurricane - Soul Mate -  was a little hard to take pictures of under the tent, but I did it anyway...  

That is one pretty sweet ride right there...  

A couple more nice rides, Rodney's Skier - Moody Blue, and Mustang - Olive Oyl

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 12:40am
Reidp's Mustang - Royal Flush

JMurph's 72 Promo     

A big ol Wildcat - restored and looking good  

Reidp's Mustang - Orange Whip  

Reidp's super clean Skier and bad to the bone Classic  

330_103909_zpsew3geuww.jpg.html">

Group Shots.... Should have taken the cover off the front... But it was not a weekend for a boat to be far from its cover...   and Gary's Mustang SS, along with the godfathers holman moody mustang...  

About then the rest of the boats in the group were either gone or riding off towards the canal... so that was it for my boat picture taking... two and a half round trips to astor later it it was time for some boating
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 12:51am
Nice pics Joe!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 1:14am
probably some of my last pics...

Made in the shade..

Advertised as #1 Mastercraft. Owner told me Art Cozier helped build it.

Who's behind those Foster Grants?

Sunday after the show. Last trip on the canal. So much for the 20 minute ride thru it. LOTS of traffic. (I didnt know pontoons could go THAT slow!)

someday...

Tying her down for a 1200 mile trip home...

A whole week in Florida and my legs are still white... I want my money back.

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Who's behind those Foster Grants?

More hair on his face now that other parts?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 11:00pm
I for one am not willing to check
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 12:45pm
Well finally getting a few minutes to think about the SJRR trip, taking a few days off for some R&R sure comes with a price at the office but it was worth the cost.

I hate to make a list of thank you's because I know I'm going to miss someone so I not going to make a list, you know who you are.

I do need to mention BoatDoc of course and Morfoot for all the behind the scenes running around they did. Also a second call out to Morfoot for the comfy bed Wednesday night even if I do now have nightmares of Justin Beiber checking me out while I'm sleeping.

And it was sure great to finally meet a whole bunch of CCfans that I've been missing for several years now. The whole darn bunch are just great people.

The boat show itself was fine, only regret is that I felt I needed to spend a good bit of my time there so we did miss all the water activity on the river. In fact as we were leaving Sunday afternoon I realized that we never even stepped on a boat the whole time we were there. We did manage to get back to Parramores each night for a few cold beers and story telling which with this gang is always priceless.

Great photos too, there was so much going on between the 2 sites.

Last thing is I promise, that was the last time I bring the Hurricane anywhere and leave it on the trailer. I've been cleared by the doctor after just 9 weeks to use the hand 100%, amazes me how fast the body can heal itself so it's back to work on that boat. The Hurricane won't go to another reunion unless it's ready to give rides.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

The Hurricane won't go to another reunion unless it's ready to give rides.

Alan - Count me in!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2014 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Also a second call out to Morfoot for the comfy bed Wednesday night even if I do now have nightmares of Justin Beiber checking me out while I'm sleeping.

Anytime brother, door is always open... I was just pulling out the inner 'Beiliber' in you. I slept with a better conscience knowing you and Todd weren't sleeping in the Jeep on the side of the road somewhere. Beibs or no Beibs!

+1 on the late night Beers at Parramores...I haven't laughed so hard til my stomach hurt and eyes were watering in a very long time.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2014 at 8:10pm
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2014 at 12:18pm
Finally !!!!!!!

A pretty girl in the hot tube with all of you guys. I was starting to worry the events got mixed up.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2014 at 12:32pm
No women is what happens when the entertainment ie male dancers don't show up. Where were you this year? No apple pie either
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2014 at 6:44pm
more pictures!

Curtis BFN with Audiodude on board prior loosing the drain plug that almost send us to the bottom of the river!
nice BFN btw!

Crab Man Pallmer explaning how to work the crab meet loose!

Jackie Deen Ski Nautique

Boat Docs

Gator!

Eric tasting the Caramel I brought (Dulce de Leche)

HWD new look

Last good bye from Eric and Marisa in my way to catch the plane!

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2014 at 4:06am
So anybody who knows me may find this hard to believe, but it took me longer than most to post the videos from my camera at the SJRR...hopefully it was worth the wait. In no particular order...

bwinn got a little wakeboarding in

We stole the super ski scat from Reid...HW got up on it first try, and let me tell you it was not easy...I eventually rode it, but had to have a drop ski...we will tangle again super ski scat...

Ok, this is funny...how not to make friends on a double deep barefoot run...what my father lacks in cameraman ability he makes up for in commentary

Eddie being Eddie

More Eddie

Ok, I wasn't on the boat when this was taken, so I don't know what happened to the beginning of the run, but the end is high comedy

Kapla's good

Real good

And somehow, these aren't the best Kapla wakeboarding vids...keep going down, I saved the best for last

Then he decided it was time to foot...again, my dad hasn't quite figured out the zoom, but he sure can talk

And some more

Finish strong

I didn't post all the failed attempts, but this video is affectionately named Quinner learns to drive the double back deep...it the sixth in a series, the other 5 went straight to DVD

Ok, this one requires a little searching...if anyone knows how to edit videos, feel free. As soon as Joe got up on his new trick skis, his beer flew out of the boat...dammit if we weren't going to circle it until he picked it up. Fast forward to about 10 minutes in to see the successful hot pickup.

And now a special section for Pete Brainard...we were cruising up the river on Sunday with the crew and came upon Billy in "Doc Time"...he very foolishly asked if I had a rope on board and would somebody like to wakeboard behind his boat. That's right Pete, rope tied to the lifting ring, half drunk Argentinian in tow...enjoy. (I apologize for the shaky camera work, I foolishly thought I could operate it and drive at the same time, had to pass it off to Eric halfway through)

This one is especially great, because halfway through the run he got thirsty...we were more than happy to fix that problem

I also figured out that my video camera has this nifty little feature where it will capture still photos from a video...I grabbed a few winners

You will not convince me that there is a better looking boat on the water than my fathers...can't be done

Cheers Kap!

Is it too early to submit calendar pics?

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2014 at 7:25pm
Lost and found time...

Lost-
Somehow my event Tshirt didn't make it home...did somebody in the Lee St crew end up with an extra size L SRJJ shirt? I'd like to get that back if possible.

Found-
I ended up with the following items that I did not start out with...if any of this is yours and you want it back, let me know.

A pretty ragged out pair of SL gloves, red and black-

Blue and red board shorts-

Corona beach towel-

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2014 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Lost and found time...

Lost-
Somehow my event Tshirt didn't make it home...did somebody in the Lee St crew end up with an extra size L SRJJ shirt? I'd like to get that back if possible.

I ended up taking home a lost XL SJRR shirt. Let me know if you're confident you lost an L and not an XL
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2014 at 5:15pm
Yeah, it was definitely a L, somebody's probably been tugging at a tight shirt for a month wondering how they're too fat for an XL
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2014 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Yeah, it was definitely a L, somebody's probably been tugging at a tight shirt for a month wondering how they're too fat for an XL

paging joe fennessy and quinner....
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2014 at 5:10pm
One more try, nobody ended up with my shirt? Am I gonna have to call Billy and see what kind of reserve stock he has?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 242526
  Share Topic