NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 26>
Author
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2014 at 11:50am
About what time does everything get going? We plan on heading up there pretty early Saturday morning. I'd like to be on the water by 9 or 10.

This being our first time, I have no idea what to expect or what's going on throughout the days.
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2014 at 4:00pm
Im looking forward to attending my very first CCF Reunion!!! I have been a Correct Craft owner and restorer for about 15 years and am currently on my 4th boat(1976 Ski Nautique)which I'm hoping to be completed by then. If all goes well, Me and the family will be driving up the RV and would like to know if there is a truck owner who wouldn't mind helping us launch and recover the boat?? After hearing about the ramp condition, the last thing I want is to back a 30 ft motorhome down a sketchy ramp .

Mike Farmer
1976 Ski Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2014 at 6:34pm
Well after a long talk with the boatdr this afternoon about this years River Run there are some things that are going to be out of the NORM as SJRR's past. This year will be MUCH different as Correct Craft is the featured manufacturer at the Sunnyland Boat show down in Tavarres (30 mins) from Parramores. This is OUR time to shine as Poster Girl quality CC's 75 and older will be on display either on the trailer or in the water. Special rules will apply to those boats who are on display. YOU MUST be a ACBS member to have your boat for the water display. If you boat IS on the water you will be able to launch it elsewhere and retrieve it later but even then special rules apply. Boats on trailers for the show will need to be there by EARLY Friday morning and MUST stay until Sunday at Noon.

Friday play day may have to take place on Lake Dora with the boat show in full swing. We will probably have to rotate CCFans in and out of the show to babysit boats and field questions. At the time of this post we just don't know...With Correct Craft being the focal point/feature manufacturer Billy said we are supposed to provide a speaker for the Capt's Dinner Friday night at the show. I can't think of anyone better to do this than Mr. Ralph but he is 96 years old and with a estimated 7:00 dinner time (I'm guessing) it will be much to late for him to do it. My 2nd suggestion would be to ask Yeargin to do it but he may be too busy to do so. He has come up to Friday night dinners before so you never know. Boat Doc seemed to think we may need to come up with a powerpoint presentation as well and we know who is good at that but we'll figure that one out too as we go along.

Saturdays events will most likely be at the boat show too. We may have to trailer boats to Lake Dora again and do our thing away from the show and drop participants off to attend to the boats WE have on display and to answer questions. Basically a repeat of Friday. A lunchtime Cruise to some island for BBQ is what they have planned for the water displayed boats and I don't know at this time if the Gang from CCFan with the newer boats can tag along as part of it or if it's just those who paid to have their boats in the show. That has yet to be determined. Saturday night the Sunnyland boat show will have a dinner under the bigtop so our traditional "Bring what ya Brought" cookout at Parramores will be delayed until 2015. (or Sun night if your staying)... Tickets for said dinner will be available at the boat show according to the site but we'll look into this as well and come up with .......a plan!

This River Run will be vastly different and we CCFans will most likely have to "move" our fun to Dora so as to show the 1000's of people in attendance that there are huge number of Correct Crafts enthusiats, they do have a huge following, and we are boat owners who truly love these machines and aren't afraid to show it. Old Correct Crafts are the center point of the show and if we drop the ball on this it's gonna look really bad IMHO if we aren't there.... NO, we were not asked by Nautiques to do this..... No, Keith didn't ask us to do so....No, we aren't getting paid to show up, but it's our chance to honor a 96 year old Mr. Ralph that we love these old boats, we still use the heck out of them and show them all that they are truly ......"The Correct Craft for you!" ....

More to come as we figure out what the heck is going on with this. You can get an idea of the Sunnyland Boat show by checking out the link......

Sunnyland Boat Festival

Just a little side note....When I talked to the Boat Nurse this morning I asked if she had spoken with Mr. Ralph lately. She said she received a phone call from him shortly after Christmas thanking her for sending he and Betty a Christmas card. She asked how he was doing and he said pretty well and his health is pretty good for being 96. He also told her that he was really looking forward to March so he could come see, and visit with the gang from CCFan. I think that pretty much says it all in a nutshell about how important we are to him and why we need to shine and stand out at his show. Many of you don't know this but the last two Masters tournaments that I have been to I've seen Mr. Ralph walking the beach, working the crowd sporting a current Nautiques/Masters shirt on but by gollies he has a Correct Craft Fan hat on his head. Yes it's gonna cut into our ski/foot and boat time but whether we do it on the St. Johns River or Lake Dora...It's all good!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
86nautique454 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86nautique454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2014 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Bret, Stacey & Jillian Hectus - 2002 Ski; Parramores - Bass Beds (Thurs-Sun)
Adam Deen - 2000 Pro Air; Lee St (Wed-Mon)
Joeinny - boat hopping; Lee St (Wed-Mon)
Gary S & Mary Fran- 69 Mustang; Parramores,Miss Audry (Thurs-Sun)

Not so much chatter here perhaps, but all indications are the Lee St house contingent will be strong.

Maybe it's too early,some of us are still frozen to our chairs

The Wallace's, Bobby, Alisa, Parker, and Barrett. 86 SN 2001. Camping in our fithwheel. (Thus-Sun or Mon)

The Smith Family, Parramores, Squirrel shack, (Fri- Sun) Me, Debbie, Kelly, Lauren (16), Emily (15), Chris and Nick (12), Connor (10). 1992 Ski Nautique with an old school "Air-Chair", that I would like someone to show me that it actually works! God knows I have tried!!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2014 at 6:52pm
People,
As an ACBS member for 34 years, I can tell you you are in for a very pleasant experience if you have never been to one of the shows. The Sunnyland chapter show is one of the very best. Plan on attending to promote our favorite brand of boat as well as giving support to Mr. Ralph.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2014 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

People,
As an ACBS member for 34 years, I can tell you you are in for a very pleasant experience if you have never been to one of the shows. The Sunnyland chapter show is one of the very best. Plan on attending to promote our favorite brand of boat as well as giving support to Mr. Ralph.

Easy for you to say,tow your boat 3k and we'll talk. We went a couple of years ago and it was ok,certainly surprised me because of all the hype. I'm really on the fence yet and my boat is already there
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2014 at 9:29pm
Gary,
I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed in the show.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2014 at 11:30am

Easy for you to say,tow your boat 3k and we'll talk. We went a couple of years ago and it was ok,certainly surprised me because of all the hype. I'm really on the fence yet and my boat is already there

I don't think you get to sit the fence Gary - your boat is too pretty, and a perfect example of what correctcraft was making at that time that no one else was - sorry, but that is what you get for putting a windsheild on it

- we will still let you hang out with the unshow-worthy crowd though.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2014 at 11:30am
Double post....   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2014 at 1:43pm
Thanks for the encouragement Joe,and your right it is also a once in a lifetime thing. Can't very well say I'll do it next time,thats for sure.It's just a mental thing since I had to prepare back in October when I had some other important issues to deal with. There has not been any activity or buzz about the event so I felt on my own. If everything gets moved over there it will feel more like a CCf reunion anyway and that also creates a chance that we won't be invited back
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2014 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by mmfarmer1 mmfarmer1 wrote:

Im looking forward to attending my very first CCF Reunion!!! I have been a Correct Craft owner and restorer for about 15 years and am currently on my 4th boat(1976 Ski Nautique)which I'm hoping to be completed by then. If all goes well, Me and the family will be driving up the RV and would like to know if there is a truck owner who wouldn't mind helping us launch and recover the boat?? After hearing about the ramp condition, the last thing I want is to back a 30 ft motorhome down a sketchy ramp .

Mike Farmer
1976 Ski Nautique

Mike, I am sure there would be many to offer this help, as well as myself. The ramp is a little sketchy, and the public ramp is 5 minutes away, either way, 4x4 Suburban, The "Blue Rhino", is at your service.

Jerry Smith
Js
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2014 at 6:48pm
Jackie and Deborah will inhabit Fox Den Friday and Saturday night.

Planning to have my '75 SN in the water Midday Thursday.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2014 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I don't think you get to sit the fence Gary - your boat is too pretty, and a perfect example of what correctcraft was making at that time that no one else was - sorry, but that is what you get for putting a windsheild on it

- we will still let you hang out with the unshow-worthy crowd though.

DITTO.
Js
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2014 at 7:22pm
Thanks Jerry, I appreciate the offer and am looking forward to a great weekend.
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2014 at 7:23pm
Maybe I can hang with you guys, too. Not only am I not a member of ACBS, I don't even know what it is. So, can the ignorant join the Smith and Joe in NY club?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2014 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

Not only am I not a member of ACBS, I don't even know what it is.

ACBS

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2014 at 10:01pm
Sorry you will be a no show for the 2014, the quality resto you have performed should be shared with the attendee's of this years show.
SJRR will return next year in all it's glory,but for 2014 I would like to honor those that made all this possible, again this is about Mr. Ralph and the respect I have for him..............
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2014 at 10:55pm
Tim, I'm sure Art would also be a great speaker.

As for Friday and the weekend, I'd like to go down to Dora and spend some time checking out the boats but not sure how much fun that is going to be for the family and I'm sure it will be challenging to keep our 20 month old entertained.   I'm planning another SJRR like last year....so the plan is not to have a plan.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 12:40am
If you are addressing that comment to me Billy nowhere did I say that I'm not going to be there. What I'm saying is very little info has been forthcoming,especially when you have to plan almost 6 months in advance. I felt like 3 of us would be sitting at the show while all the rest of our buds are out riding around having a good time. And to drive 3 k frankly that does not sound like fun.Some planning must have been done already and it might be nice to pass it on here thru the site. If you go thru the Sunnyland chapters site there is no info other than a blurb about who is the featured boat and a whole bunch of rules. How many are actually in for the land and water portions of the show,a show of hands please!
Brett that is part of the charm for SJRR but in this case a plan is needed and posted for people.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 3:12am
Is Mr Ralph an ABCS member?
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 9:19am
The Smith Family, Parramores, Squirrel shack, (Fri- Sun)
Morfoot & ??? 88 Ski Nautique Parramores, Hawk Nest (Thurs-Mon)
Air206 & Val boat hopping or "Miss Scarlett" Parramores, Hawk Nest(Thurs-Mon?)
Alan & Dana, 1955 Hurricane, no lodging yet, Weds-Sunday

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 9:41am

If you are addressing that comment to me Billy nowhere did I say that I'm not going to be there. What I'm saying is very little info has been forthcoming,especially when you have to plan almost 6 months in advance. I felt like 3 of us would be sitting at the show while all the rest of our buds are out riding around having a good time. And to drive 3 k frankly that does not sound like fun.Some planning must have been done already and it might be nice to pass it on here thru the site. If you go thru the Sunnyland chapters site there is no info other than a blurb about who is the featured boat and a whole bunch of rules. How many are actually in for the land and water portions of the show,a show of hands please!
Brett that is part of the charm for SJRR but in this case a plan is needed and posted for people.

Gary, my boat will be a land display under the tent. Once there it can't move until Sunday, bummer but that's where they want it. That's why we're getting in wed so we can run around in it Thursday.   If you enter the show as a wAter display you'll get a dedicated dock space and be able to run your boat around so I don't think you'll be sitting tending a display unless you want to.

My understanding is you do not need to be an ACBS member if your boat will sit on it's trailer, only if it's a water display , this is solely for insurance reasons.

That's all I know, I was going to try to help with planning but family health issues have kept me pretty busy, I'm sure Billy and Tim will put info out there as it's available.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 11:28am
Hollywood +1, boat hoppers, Lee St, Wed-Mon
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

I didn't know you were making the trip Alan, that's great news! If ever there was a boat that needed to be there, yours is it!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 2:14pm
Ok, my OCD twitchiness is flaring up with information spread all over...I tried to grab everything that I had seen pass and add it down here, if your info is wrong, fix it.

Hollywood +1, boat hoppers, Lee St, Wed-Mon
JPASS, 92 Ski, commuting, Sat-Sun (maybe)
Mike Farmer and fam, 76 Ski, RV
Wallace's, 86 SN 2001, 5th wheel camping, Thurs-Sun or Mon
Jackie and Deborah Deen, 75 SN, Fox Den, Thurs-Sun(?)
Boat DR and Nurse...you guys are coming, right?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

I didn't know you were making the trip Alan, that's great news! If ever there was a boat that needed to be there, yours is it!

there's an outside chance it will actually run this time and you'll get a ride!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 3:14pm

there's an outside chance it will actually run this time and you'll get a ride!

Sign me up!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

Maybe I can hang with you guys, too. Not only am I not a member of ACBS, I don't even know what it is. So, can the ignorant join the Smith and Joe in NY club?

I like the way me and Joe head up the Ignorant group! I resemble that remark! Ha!
I already told the kids you know how to catch and wrestle Gators. They cant wait to see you.
Js
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Friday play day may have to take place on Lake Dora with the boat show in full swing...Capt's Dinner Friday night at the show.

Saturdays events will most likely be at the boat show too. We may have to trailer boats to Lake Dora again and do our thing away from the show... A lunchtime Cruise to some island for BBQ is what they have planned for the water displayed boats and I don't know at this time if the Gang from CCFan with the newer boats can tag along as part of it or if it's just those who paid to have their boats in the show...Saturday night the Sunnyland boat show will have a dinner under the bigtop...

This River Run will be vastly different and we CCFans will most likely have to "move" our fun to Dora....it's gonna look really bad IMHO if we aren't there....

Yes it's gonna cut into our ski/foot and boat time but whether we do it on the St. Johns River or Lake Dora...It's all good!

Ok Tim,
I had to read your post several times to distill the logistics out of it...based on the snippets I took out above, let me see if I understand:

Friday: we all trailer to Tavares and put in on Lake Dora whether we are in the show or not, and then stay there until the Captain's Dinner...or does Captain imply its only for people in the show?

Saturday: we trailer back to Lake Dora and hang out on the water but not necessarily with or around the show, maybe BBQ somewhere, dinner that night at the show.

So nobody will be collected around Parramore's, shell island, and/or the springs, unless we do it Thursday or Sunday? I'm not expressing a positive or negative reaction to any of this until I understand it, but I would hate to see all of us spread out between two or more places where we don't get to hang out together (a la Music City/Percy Priest).
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 8:13pm
There's a lot of missing details and I'd like more info from anyone that can share. I definitely won't be going down there more than one day. Also I have concern about boat ramps, trailer parking, raft-up, and docking for the show. There is no info about any of that. I looked online and found 2 public boat ramps on Dora but neither appeared from satellite imagery to have more than 10 trailer parking spots. Not good.   Not trying to be a defector but this is a family vacation for us also and I want to keep it fun for the wife and daughter. So will be planning on Silver Glen and/or shell island as one of our day trips. I hope that nobody is offended that I don't want to spend the weekend in Tavares.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 26>
  Share Topic