NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 26>
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

Not trying to be a defector

Better that than a defacater.

No disrespect to Mr Ralph or Correct Craft but that boat show excites me in the least. Unfortunately I'm a fly in and will have to go with the flow to get a boat ride, wherever that may be.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 9:33pm
I think this updated schedule is different from what most expected.

I am trying to arrange family to meet up with us and this isn't what I billed it to be.

Sad to admit, I am not and ABCS member, and I am coming boatless with a fella that has a Correct Craft of an "inappropriate year" so I think we are just gonna be the red-headded, step-children back at Parramores.... plus, the Smith Family and I have Air Chair time scheduled together!

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 9:34pm
I know there is mass confusion right now and I posted what I could figure out from reading what is happening at Tavarres and what Billy said the organizers THERE need from US. I threw up kinda of a general idea of whats going on but will try and contact somebody with the show and find out exactly what IF ANYTHING that they need from us CCFan's... Believe me I'm just as confused as most of y'all.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 9:44pm
So far it looks like we will be heading to Parramores to hang with whomever we can find.
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 10:25pm
I was planning on coming this year but... now that the the plan to have no plan is not the best plan I am not sure how to plan??

Best plan is to plan on having fun even if you dont plan that!!

Is Plantastic a word??
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 10:33pm
Before there is a Mutiny, may I Humbly suggest, as the highly esteemed and executive appointed Co-head of the "Ignorant group" (Sir Jackie Deen Esq.)Hereinafter referred to as the "Iggys", a plan?
In accordance to previous posts, I think it impossible to achieve 100% harmony, but I do respectfully think we as a CCF group not "owe", but have the privilege to help present CORRECT CRAFT at this ABC (?) show, in the glorious fashion deserved. All the sweat and tears into the remarkable restorations by individuals that we as a group have enjoyed witnessing here on this site, deserved to be proudly displayed and shown off! And, When I first met Mr. Ralph at the last SJRR, with SIX kids in tow, his eyes lit up, and said "That's what its all about, the kids". While highly appreciated, I do not think Mr. Ralph is a "Boat show-er, but a Boat go-er"
I live 20 minutes from the show. I, like others have planned a family outing. 6 Kids at a show is trouble. I will go Friday, I will offer my assistance to those that are committed to be there. It is a very enjoyable show, and I greatly look forward to seeing the restored CC's I have witnessed and enjoyed the painstaking process posted here!
Friday afternoon, we will head to Parramores to the prepaid cabin, and look forward to the fun. Meet and greet all that are there, show up, and or finish at the show.
Saturday, Iggy's plans will be made for shell island, the springs, the air chair, bare footin, whatever. Any visitors that want to climb into The "Blue Rhino", seats 10, and head to the show, give those folks a break, enjoy the show, ride a boat or six, then head back, great. AND ENCOURAGED. Hopefully an Iggys bbq, like last year, scaled down, can be accomplished, (lets make a dish list) as I doubt non boat show attendees will be open to the Captains dinner, as also the lunch cruise.
Sunday, same plan.
Now I may have to stay till Monday, to spend some time with the "Show-ers"

For any that want to launch into the show area, Mt Dora, S Tremain St, Mt Dora. Plenty of parking, and I always go to the show from here, no problem. Nice 10-15 minute boat ride. Bret you may want to look at 441, Lake Harris, may show up as Leesburg, on the North side, through the Dora canal, and you are there. They have a HUGE new public dock at Tavares, and dock space will NOT be a problem. They will make you pay to enter show.(NO dock fee)
SJRR different, but can be the best ever. Lets make it work, and proudly represent.
Js
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 11:37pm
CQ if you are really coming then my plan is to put you on babysitting duty.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2014 at 11:42pm
Finally a voice of reason from the "Iggy" contingent. Somethings, time can help. Once we get closer, maybe more facts to base our weekend on. As for me, looks as if I may get to come Wednesday and stay til Monday. I hope Lee St. is not over booked for Wed. or Mon.
By the way, I haven't wrestled a gator this year. Seems word got out in my neck of the woods.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 1:08am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

No disrespect to Mr Ralph or Correct Craft but that boat show excites me in the least. Unfortunately I'm a fly in and will have to go with the flow to get a boat ride, wherever that may be.

Hollywood, I hoping to run the Hurricane around on Thursday and if all goes well I was going to offer to drag you barefoot by the grey poupon Chris craft crowd to show them the Correct Craft fans have arrived in style, sound like a plan?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 1:24am
Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy that's an outstanding plan!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 10:46am

Hollywood, if you do not make it to the show, no one will miss you. If you want to help that would be great, but to bring a negative attitude with you to this thread is not needed... There are a few of us that have the utmost respect for age, wisdom and the love for CC boats, Hollywood it appears you missed the "boat" on all these ..........Billy
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 10:49am
What did he say?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 11:08am
Negative attitude to scold negative attitude
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 12:17pm

Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy that's an outstanding plan!

excellent that you could quote this.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 12:37pm
Not to step on anyone’s toes as I have no skin in the game here… I am not going to have a boat or a truck down there

IMHO, If you have a nice boat that meets the age requirements and your schedule allows you to get there Friday and not leave till noon Sunday it would be awfully nice if you would sign up and put your boat in the show. It’s a good show, and it is good for brand awareness (someone has to drive up the value of these things up now that I have a full barn).

On the other hand a bunch of people don’t have classic boats and are making serious vacation and monetary investments to come to the river that weekend, indeed for some SJRR 2014 is probably their only shot at a SJRR for a while. The idea is for everyone to get to spend some time together and enjoy themselves as they see fit. It’s probably not realistic to think that people who are paying for slips and waterfront cabins/houses (some with rvs making pulling in and out less than trivial) on the river are going to pull over their late model boats to taveres each day. Additionally we would need to figure out just how interested the sunnyland chapter is in us non show boaters crashing their events/meals etc that are generally intended for those who are paying the money to show their boat. I like to crash a party as much as the next guy but crashing a whole weekend starts to push it.

As Mr Smith suggests a good compromise (and in my opinion it would also be a good time) would be to descend on the show en mass/caravan on Friday morning (those showing their boats have to bring them over friday anyway). We can all help set em up, wipe em down, quietly mock the lessor vessels, Hollywood can barefoot by bare-assed behind the hurricane, etc, etc.   Show them we are a lot more fun than those Lyman guys from last year… Then there is a good lake over there to explore, we can find the calm end do a little recreating, and if welcome after we pull the non-show boats we can attend the opening dinner/ cc presentation as a group with our more show worthy brethren. Before heading back to the steeler den/parramores. Not a whole lot different from when we loaded up a caravan to go check out the monkeys, except in Tavares you check out boats, and you can get out of the boat without being eaten. There are stores, restaurants, a channel to boat through, it’s basically a good time…

Saturday after breakfast/morning watersports on the river… those who want to attend the show can attend the show, but certainly river activities will occur as well.   I know I would be happy to take shifts watching boats and answering questions at the show so that those with beautiful classics like Jackie, Gary, Reid, Alan, Billy, etc… get to spend some time in and around the water, back at the river, etc. I am sure some of you guys with late model boats, adam, jerry, bret, tim, etc would help the cause by providing rides/pulls to those who volunteer to show and won't have access to thier vessels? Hanging around a boat show all weekend is paradise to some, and torture to others, we don’t need to deny paradise to any, or inflict torture either, this is a vacation. Personally if it’s raining or coldish I will be looking to boat show like a mo-fo, if it’s hot and calm then 2.5 days of boat show would only interest me if I was showing a boat and didn’t have any friends nearby that could get me on the water.

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 1:13pm
Couldn't have said it any better Joe. There you have it gang, Show up and have fun. Even with a boat in the show I do not plan to hang around in Tavares for 3 days. The boat will be there with information about it on a tripod and a binder with photos, the story tells itself. This is a vacation for us as well and I intend to spend some time on the river boat hopping and I'm really looking forward to a potluck dinner with ccfans whatever night that works out being.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 1:20pm
Being that our boat is too new for the show, we will be more than happy to offer up our boat for some ski runs or anything else on the water. So far it's just the two of us, so that leaves room for 4 more if anyone needs a spot on a boat. We still plan on meeting up at Parramores on Saturday, unless it's bad weather, then we will be winging it.
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 1:39pm
Well said Joe. I'm defninitely up for a pot-luck dinner and I'm also hoping you will be bringing your famous NY Hot Dogs, my mouth is still watering from last year over those. I'll be bringing the wild hog again, but may change it up a little this year and bring a ham for a crock-pot instead.
And since the back seat will be empty in the '02 this year it is open to whoever wants to ride and it will definitely be pulling some skiers this year I'm sure.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I am sure some of you guys with late model boats, adam, jerry, bret, tim, etc would help the cause by providing rides/pulls to those who volunteer to show and won't have access to thier vessels?

Now that my boat's running again it will be available all weekend to pull anything anyone wants to ride...and I'm coming down alone so there will be lots of room for non boat-showers.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Hollywood, I hoping to run the Hurricane around on Thursday and if all goes well I was going to offer to drag you barefoot by the grey poupon Chris craft crowd to show them the Correct Craft fans have arrived in style, sound like a plan?

Damn Alan, how many chins do you think we'd be picking off the ground if we ran double back barefoot behind that bad boy?
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

Damn Alan, how many chins do you think we'd be picking off the ground if we ran double back barefoot behind that bad boy?

Alan would be our first back to back calendar cover boy.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 3:42pm

Well I haven't touched the boat since it went away for the winter but I plan to get at it this weekend and start dealing all the issues it had last fall. In the state it's in now it won't do it so I better get to work on that transmission.   Remember this boat hasn't seen 30 mph yet so we have a little work to do first.

So my pledge to you is if I can get it to hook up and run fast enough I would love to tie some ropes to it and drop some jaws. My only concern is stressing the tow point and doing damage to the wood deck back there.

Breaking it mechanically doesn't bother me at all, in fact if we pulled a footer in front of a crowd, got a couple photos in and it broke I would put the boat away for the summer and call it a success!   
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Well I haven't touched the boat since it went away for the winter but I plan to get at it this weekend and start dealing all the issues it had last fall. In the state it's in now it won't do it so I better get to work on that transmission.   Remember this boat hasn't seen 30 mph yet so we have a little work to do first.

So my pledge to you is if I can get it to hook up and run fast enough I would love to tie some ropes to it and drop some jaws. My only concern is stressing the tow point and doing damage to the wood deck back there.

Breaking it mechanically doesn't bother me at all, in fact if we pulled a footer in front of a crowd, got a couple photos in and it broke I would put the boat away for the summer and call it a success!   

Damn, I don't want to be breaking nothing. I wouldn't want to do anything that would damage that gorgeous boat.
I do know that HW and I have done double back deeps and we only need 35 or 36 so it doesn't have to be a speed burner.
He'll be down here with me in a couple weeks so we can work on double back deeps from an old school low tow point just in case all the planets align.

By the way, I can't wait to meet you. Been looking forward to that for a long, long time. First time meets with you, Quinner and Seb....This is gonna be HUGE fun this year
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
bigwavedave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 5:49pm
I spent several days on the Mount Dora Chain, it is a great boating experience. The Dora canal is fantastic , The dead River full of alligators, big lakes with Bays great for skiing also a lot of restaurants and bars on the lakes. You can also spent a day taking Haines Creek which has a lock system that goes into another large lake and a river that ultimately ends up in the St. Johns River north of Lake George. For you young guys looking at the history of these old boats will make you appreciate the correct crafts even more. The chris crafts and centuries were the boats everybody admired :the great inboards! Little do they know this small manufacturer would take over. Not only will we have age represented ,but Chris Smith from the Chriscraft family will also be there ( he is his the late 90s ) there also is another gentleman who comes every year who is in his 90s and has his original boatfrom 1929. Big wave Dave
bigwavedave
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 5:56pm

Brett,

You better rethink this plan. CQ did a great job raising his daughter, but he did not do such a great job raising Hollywood. He could possibly teach the young lad some bad habits.

Donald
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Brett,

You better rethink this plan. CQ did a great job raising his daughter, but he did not do such a great job raising Hollywood. He could possibly teach the young lad some bad habits.

Donald

Not to worry, I'll bring everything he needs.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by bigwavedave bigwavedave wrote:

there also is another gentleman who comes every year who is in his 90s and has his original boatfrom 1929. Big wave Dave

Is this the one you mean? JoeinNY was telling me about him as we were driving by, and the dude was still driving it...granted, it was a labor for him to get in and out at the dock, but very cool that he's still rocking his original ride.

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 8:12pm
To please everyone is impossible, so heres the deal EVERYONE....

There are a "few" that work very hard to make SJRR happen, but the fruits of these labors is enjoyed by everyone that attends...With that come and play...
If you want to do SJRR, do it..If you want to come to the boat show,do it.
As Karen, Tim and I get more details they will be posted.
If you want to be a part of this event, or have questions about what help we need , please come forward...Billy
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 8:43pm
Boat Dr:

I am "in"... Since I will be Morfoot's wingman (scary proposition), I'll help in whatever is needed - Tim will let me know what to do and where to be.

I got no boat to show but I do know how to trailer, drive and shine 'em.   

Steve
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2014 at 11:53pm

First time meets with you, Quinner and Seb....

Careful with that middle one Eddie,like Bon Scott said,                 So lock up your daughter
Lock up your wife
Lock up your back door
And run for your life

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 26>
  Share Topic