NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 26>
Author
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SJRR 2014
    Posted: October-15-2013 at 4:57pm
I know theres plenty of time till march...
But as Im planning a trip I need to plan ahead...
Is there a estimate date for the 2014 reunion?
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 6:02pm
March 28 Th - March 30 Th is the weekend. Most stay from Thursday to Monday.

I got these dates by Googling the Mt. Dora Boat Show , Sunnyland Chapter, Mt. Dora Florida. The last few years, the SJRR has been the same weekend as the Mt. Dora Show. This year the show will feature Correct Craft. I have heard the SJRR will be the same weekend as the boat show. Boat Dr. has been taking wooden CC boats to the show the last few years.

I hope you make it to the event.

Donald
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 6:34pm
That would be great to meet you "Kapla"! We will be there! One of the best trips of the year, Crew says!
Js
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 7:12pm
I don't care how far away March is, could not be happier to see this thread show up. I know Billy's been putting some thought to it already...Mr Doctor?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 7:24pm
ok and how far is this from orlando...or mia?
I will start checking tickets and accomodations...
Fortunately for me looks like im going alone..sorry guys miss Kapla stays at home with the kids...(it cost me a black friday trip to mia with her friends) ouch!
LOL
Someone willing to host me for a week?
Silver15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 7:45pm
kapla, the river run is about 2hrs (80 miles) out of Orlando depending on your route.
2000 Air/Sport
1978 T16

juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2013 at 11:54pm
Glad to see this show up also. Will be attending with Burton and a few other interested parties and the Atom Skier will be there hopefully as a runner or worst case a static display because Correct Craft gets a moment of fame this year as featured manufacturer.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 12:12am
Myself, Stacey, and Jillian will be there again, this year with the '02. 4 different boats in 4 years. That has to be some kind of record right?
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 12:58am
It's ON!!
Js
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 10:45am
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

ok and how far is this from orlando...or mia?
I will start checking tickets and accomodations...
Fortunately for me looks like im going alone..sorry guys miss Kapla stays at home with the kids...(it cost me a black friday trip to mia with her friends) ouch!
LOL
Someone willing to host me for a week?

Sebastion, You are welcome to stay at my place here in Orlando, perhaps arrival and departure days? As far as Parramores, we have a two bedroom cabin maxed out, but I am sure one of the others will have room to share? I am not too far from the boat show in Mt Dora, Sweetwater Country club. (Apopka, Fl) Parramores is about an hour north of me.
Js
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 10:57am
Kapla,

The closest Air Port to Astor Fl (Parramores) is Daytona. Several have flown into Daytona in the past. The St. Johns Rivers flows backwards from Orlando to Jacksonville, Fla. Miami would be a very long haul. You may want to hit Disney in Orlando while in the states.

I hope this helps,

Donald
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 3:30pm
So glad this thread popped up. This will be our first time heading out to the SJRR as we just got our first CC this June.

Can't wait to see some faces behind these screen names. Where does everyone meet up and put in at?

Kapla: If you have a desire to see Disney when you are here, I can help you with that. Just let me know.
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 3:35pm
Most everyone sets up camp at Parramore's. If you don't have a cabin or campsite already call them quick-like because a lot of people book before they leave the year before. There's a ramp at the campground but its sketchy...we came dangerously close to losing a very nice boat off the back of a trailer last year, with several experiened boaters doing the docking. There's a public ramp probably 2-3 miles up the river that's much nicer.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 4:25pm
Doubt I'll be coming out during the week as I have to work, but was planning on heading over Friday eve and/or Saturday. Just wanted to know where everyone puts in at and where they meet. Maybe some of the local guys can enlighten me. Being in Orlando, I doubt I am more than an hours drive away.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 5:36pm
Im planning a week, just me. Id like to foot as much as possible and meet as much CCF as possible...
On the foot thing I though about going to a school of the Orlando area..but if I can skip that and foot with a CCF much better!
Im not going to Disney, Ill leave that for next trip with the kids.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 5:54pm
Kap, I wouldn't worry too much about a place to stay. Just the fact that you want to make the trip up is well enough that you'll find a place to stay with NO PROBLEM what so ever. Can't say enough about CCFans and their generosity you WILL have a place to lay your head.
It hasn't been said but if the Mrs. will let you then plan a LONG extended weekend at the least. Lots of folks start heading in around Thursday and leave on Monday. Learned that one a couple years ago. If you only plan to stay Fri eve, Sat and leave Sun you'll be sorry you did.

The previous posts have pretty much nailed the rest. There will be somewhat of a change than previous years as Correct Craft is the feature Manufacturer this year at the Dora boat show. Won't be enough time to do a Hontoon island River Run plus feedback from regular attendees the long run cuts into ski/foot time on the river in order to be back for the annual cookout back at Parramores. We will probably do some preliminary scouting to find a central point on the river for rafting up for those newer boats not in the show (75 and up) so the usual floating CC Armarda can commence while others ski in front of it.

Those of you who may have forgotten or new attendees be aware that Parramores requires the full amount paid in full when you book a cabin. Should something happen and you can't make it then you have up to a year to use it, or you lose it. Should you not be able to make it you can always post it here in this thread and someone may be able to take the cabin off your hands for what you paid for it. Just letting you know this ahead of time so you don't freak when they hit you for the full amount. Lori and her staff are TOP KNOTCH and go above and beyond to take care of us CCFans as we invade their campground for the long weekend. Some of the Bluehaired natives don't care much for us but it's probably because we ski and drive REALLY LOUD boats. Heaven forbid you if you park in their designated covered slip by accident. They FREAK OUT!

As always.... more to come....stay tuned for future details.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 8:35pm
Am I able to use the ramp at Parramore's if I don't have a cabin? If not, then I'll have to find the closest public ramp I guess.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

Am I able to use the ramp at Parramore's if I don't have a cabin? If not, then I'll have to find the closest public ramp I guess.

Yes, we kind of take over. But in a nice way.

The larger boats some times go to the camp next door. titled something Like Blue Moon, but I am drawing a blank right now. They seem to have a nicer ramp at that Fish Camp. The Jungle Den on the other side also has a ramp, but I have not heard about its condition.

JMO,

Donald
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2013 at 11:21pm
Cool. I think you're thinking of Blue Creek-South Moon Fishing Camp.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 12:37am
Yes, South Moon.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 2:39pm
Who snagged my "Shellcracker" Cabin? Had to book next door, the "Squirrel" one less bathroom, with THREE Teenage girls!! You will be seeing me at the campground's bathhouse! Snooze you lose! Better confirm those accomodations.
Js
86nautique454 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86nautique454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 6:04pm
My wife and I and our two boys will be there again this year.
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 6:38pm
Bass Beds is booked. :) Woot!!
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2013 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by 86nautique454 86nautique454 wrote:

My wife and I and our two boys will be there again this year.

Lets give a check to all electrical connections!! Looking forward to seeing you all again! Kids are happy boys are coming! "Manhunt"
Js
86nautique454 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86nautique454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2013 at 3:36pm
Never had it stall after that day, it's ran great. I'm sure the boys are up to a good game of manhunt
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2013 at 2:00pm
Im booking tickets from 3-26 arriving to orlando on 3-27 and back to argentina 4-2...
See ya there!

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2013 at 2:42pm
Awesome news Sebastian.... No doubts that you'll have a smile plastered on your face the entire time you're there. I'm sure I speak for many and we look forward to finally meeting you in person.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2013 at 1:03am
gonna share some time on the water here with Kap & Eddie. talked to him last nite on facebook. he is gonna crash here for a nite or 2. not sure what me & Patti's plans are just yet...but am looking forward to this as always. Correct Craft is featured at the Boat Show this year so I hope to be a part of that. Depends on work as always.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2013 at 8:57am
I was talking to Stacey last night about trailering down to Mt Dora on Saturday and putting in on the chain. Might be cool go to the boat show via water and that chain of lakes is beautiful.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2013 at 6:15pm
Great to see this much early response on the thread. the wife and I have a cabin booked for Fri. and Sat. night for sure. I may be truck sleeping Thurs. night but I hope to be there no later than Thur. noon or maybe Wed.

Boat Dr. wants me to pull to Mt. Dora for Friday display, so may need a Friday ride If IAughtNaught arrives late.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 26>
  Share Topic