NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newb and stoked!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 12:17pm
CC actually switched frame rail sizes at some point in the mid-late 70's sometime... and Im not sure exactly when. All of my #3's through '74 have 3" channel, and all of them from 80-83 have 4" channel. I think either that trailer has the smaller channel (the one under my '80 is definitely 4") or the bunks are taller (4x4's) that are playing tricks on your eyes... or maybe both.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 12:32pm
Shiny

The picture of your 50 ford reminded me of this car.

It was done by a friend of mine up in MA. He is primarily a car guy but I met him at the lake after pulling up to check out his beautifully redone 67 Stevens flatty. He sold that and redid an old Donzi next. He wasn't into boats until he picked up the flatty just for the engine to put into one of his car projects, but then he got bit by the bug and restored the Stevens instead. His current project is this 37 truck that is going to be a dragster.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 12:34pm
Noted Timmy haha.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 12:41pm
Gary,   I actually have a euqituaN ikS t-shirt.

Tim,   I think '75-'76 bout the same time they changed fender style.

Stoked, you plannin' on puttin' the right graphics back on ?

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 12:58pm
Al, that makes sense on the frame/fender change.

I have seen enough of those solid striped 80-81 boats for me to believe they came that way from the factory. Most seem to have been 2-color, but this 3-color looks original too.

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 1:14pm
Huh, never saw one.

Still doesn't look normal. But they prolly saved a ton on masking tape.

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 1:38pm
I am with you Tim. Seems like there has been more and more solid color boats from those years the more I think about it. Was the other color scheme and extra cost option? Who knows.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 1:43pm
I dont think there were that many of the solid striped 80-81's compared to the normal single color (more intricate design) stripe. At least not based on what Ive seen in person and in the diaries. The above boats are Ken's (Nautique2001) former '80, and then the only 3 in the diaries. I have seen at least one more in person (red/brown). If anything, I would guess the solid color stripes may have been the option since theyre relatively uncommon... but who knows.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I would guess the solid color stripes may have been the option since theyre relatively uncommon... but who knows.

Art probably does...Maybe he'll see this thread and lay some more CC history on us.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 1:54pm
Exactly, I agree that they are now common enough to have probably come from Mother Correct Craft. Ha.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by 29EHV8 29EHV8 wrote:

Mmmmmm velvet!

What's up with the 72C transmission or did someone else already mention? Nice upgrade, but I've never seen one come behind a small block. Maybe it was a replacement? It'll probably add assurance when pulling a 25 man trick ski run, as you know 29EHV8's obviously not of the nature to leave this thing stock. Welcome by the way.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 2:00pm
Nice Catch Reid.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

as you know 29EHV8's obviously not of the nature to leave this thing stock. Welcome by the way.

Reid - no kidding, I keep seeing the title of this thread, "newb and stoked" but in my mind, I keep seeing "newb and STROKED"!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 2:24pm
"Newd and stacked!" would be nice
29EHV8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 29EHV8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 5:50pm
You guys are funny!

HW, New and Stacked eh... that would be my wife, but she only does Maxim, FHM and Stuff photo shoots, so she doesnt do newds (well only for me of course ) I will get you fellas a pic or two, maybe with the boat too (like you would notice it anyways

Reid, so its a gooder trans? Details please...

It will get some power for sure, not positive what it will get for a new stove though. All of my Mercurys and Fords have Chevy power. Daddy always said, "Build yer Ford right, with genuine Chevrolet parts" hehe

Quinner, it will get repainted for sure, factory design with some different colors. Thanks for the tip!

I noticed that the trailer has been refabbed a bit. We will restore it at a later date

Can't wait to tackle this thing. As for stringer replacement wood, I have whatever I want really. Owning and running my own portable sawmill for years has given me options. And one of my good buds builds performance f'glass boats too so I will hit him up for sure

Creeped the forum more last night and there is so much info here. You guys aren't just a buncha hicks with pretty boats eh!

-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods
29EHV8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 29EHV8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 5:52pm
75, those are killer rides! I have seen pics of the coupe before, and i think his truck too. Think he is a member of the HAMB

-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 6:03pm

New and Stacked eh... that would be my wife

Sweet. Sounds like you already know, but just incase you missed it, the Golden Rule on CCF is "pics or it didn't happen"

"Build yer Ford right, with genuine Chevrolet parts"

LMAO

factory design with some different colors.

Awesome news.

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 6:04pm

Think he is a member of the HAMB

Yup, that's him. Very talented. He sells himself as a metal/car guy but once he got into boats, he showed his skills there too.

Here is a before and after of his stevens and an after of his donzi.

29EHV8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 29EHV8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 6:14pm
HW,
I will get ya a shot of my lady... (but thats it for my initiation right?) hehe
Maddmarxx S/N is killer! D\Found it months ago when kids said they want one white with lime, the purple is great too! I would paint ours darker purple to match the final color our hot rod is going to be

75, his boats are unreal, mad skills eh!
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 6:21pm
I knew I had some better pics of his Stevens some place

I just realized, in my post above with the stevens before picture, my poor little boat looks like a 67 Falcon next to his.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2013 at 7:15pm
That's a beautiful floater right there. Your buddy does some top notch work.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2013 at 1:10am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I just realized, in my post above with the stevens before picture, my poor little boat looks like a 67 Falcon next to his.

Uhhh.....I don't think so..

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
29EHV8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 29EHV8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2013 at 2:19am
That right there is one sexy Nailhead! Wowzers!
I love those mills, huge poke and they look killer!

-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods
29EHV8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 29EHV8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2013 at 3:06pm
So what is the details of my Velvet Drive? I will put a pic of my lady on here if someone fills me in
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2013 at 3:25pm
A 72c (10-18) was typically a big block transmission as it is rated for upto 475 hp at 4200rpm while a 71c(10-17)was rated for 310hp at 4200rpm and was found behind pretty much all small blocks put into correct crafts until they stopped using velvet drives.   If someone added it later it would have been a pia as they are longer, often have different input shafts and usually have a 5 inch coupler instead of a 4 inch like what is found on a 1:1 drive ratio 71c. so a new drive shaft would have likely been in order, maybe a damper. You should take pics of your wife next to the running gear, rear of the transmission, engine, front of the transmission if engine is out, etc and we can make more useful comments about what you have and how it will affect the parts you need to buy
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2013 at 1:07am
couldn't have said it better myself Joe......

can't wait for those transmission pictures...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2013 at 5:08am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

You should take pics of your wife next to the running gear, rear of the transmission, engine, front of the transmission if engine is out, etc and we can make more useful comments about what you have and how it will affect the parts you need to buy

Now that's what I would call killing two birds with one stone!

You'll be surprised how much info this is gonna generate from the members...

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

29EHV8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 29EHV8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2013 at 9:08am
You guys are a riot!
Joe, thanks for the info. Sounds like some horsepower is in store! What Chevy mill should I use? Hehe

No pics of my girl with the boat yet, but heres one for ya!

She has already said she will pose with the boat when its done, and maybe some in progress shop pics too
-Shiny

Low buck, Cool as F*ck
Hot Rods
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2013 at 9:26am
Very Nice! .... Better tell her to be careful when leaning on the engine cover. Might poke a few holes in the vinyl with that Bikini top!    
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2013 at 9:41am
I've meet a lot of women who I worried would break my heart, but never one that would puncture it! YIKES!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic