NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need help identifying this Correct Craft

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2013 at 3:27pm
Brian, he said more than he bargained for ;). Gotta figure out what his bargaining budged is..

But like Brian said you can pick up very nice 2001 hull boats (Ski Nautique from 1982-1989) for the 5-7k range these days.

Do a forum search on what to buy for or buying tips and boat buyer check list. This stuff has been covered time and time again and there is a massive wealth of information on this topic saved within this web forum. I would bet that this is the best resource in the world for tips on buying a used inboard ski boat (especially vintage).
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2013 at 1:07pm
You said you don't want a project. That boats a project. I don't know your budget, but I've seen many Correct Craft boats in better shape than that one for 4K to 7K.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2013 at 12:47pm
Looking closer I see that it has an observer style seat with a drivers bucket. Ever seen that before Tim? Most of the early MQs I have seen are bench seat with forward facing back.

Also missing the correct thermostat housing?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2013 at 10:39am
Originally posted by bhectus bhectus wrote:

Looks like '72-73 Martinique to me. Check out the brochure section here on the site.

Me too.

The pylon is newer (76+) though.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2013 at 9:51am
Spinning a Chrysler 318 and it already has a ski pylon! Definitely a Martinique like said above. Very cool boats.
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2013 at 9:38am
Looks like '72-73 Martinique to me. Check out the brochure section here on the site.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2013 at 7:55am
There are others that can provide model year info, but for starters, the large hull-side logos are incorrect. It is not a Ski Nautique, as you can see the dashboard plaque and the plate say Martinique.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
JSA1967 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSA1967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2013 at 1:12am
Can anyone give me a possible year this boat may have been built? Type of engine? Any other items about this model? I have only seen pics of it so far and not sure if this one is worth pursuing. I'm new to the boating thing and don't want to take on a project that may be more than I bargained for! Since I started doing a little research on this craft and found this site I can definitely see how these Ski Nautique's can grow on you! Thanks in advance for any info!
J. Angel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic