NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Project 67 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 8:52pm
So Kirk did you end up going to Sterling to pick the trailer up? Looks like your the rebuild thread to get us thru the winter!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 9:45pm
Yes Gary I did, I just squeaked by that snow storm. The trailer is awesome.
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 10:46pm
I have just seen in your first pic,your boot stripe is the same as mine. I have never noticed any others that are the same, most seem to continue all the way to the front. Did Steve meet you in town and blindfold you for the ride out to the ranch? If you ever decide you need a new axle check with TimB he has a source and might have one for the springs too. I had trouble with the seal area on mine so I bought one and it fit fine. As you will find out when you eventually work on yours running gear parts are odd sizes compared to others.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2014 at 9:25pm

I had some time today to tinker and this is what I found !
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2014 at 9:29pm
Sorry forgot to rotate the photo
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2014 at 9:50pm

M 2198 is what the tag says.
Is this what art needs to look up the invoice ?
I found some old registrations it says she is a 69 .
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2014 at 10:22pm
That's the hull number you're looking for. It's definitely not a '69 though. The number would seem to reinforce my previous guess.
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

That's a 67-68...

I have a number of 68-70 mustang id numbers collected, the earliest verified is in the late 2200's and was a '68 built in sept of 67. I'd say yours is a late 67 or very early 68 based on the id and other trim details I see.

What's in the battery box?
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2014 at 11:18pm
It's a frozen mouse nest.
It's funny you say it's older cuz there were about 6 or so old registrations in the side panel and all saying 69.
How does one decipher the serial #s
Did the fiber glass floor go all the way back ?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2014 at 11:45pm
Looks like someone made the battery box hole bigger too, the edges are cut at 90 compaired to a radius. I have some floor pictures Kirk but will get them later,I can't get into photobucket for some reason and yes it goes quite a way back. Do you have the toe board? I have a decent one if you need it.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2014 at 11:53pm

Gary is the toe piece fiberglass ? I removed a piece of wood that was carpet wrapped
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2014 at 11:59pm
Yes it is Kirk it matches the floor and has ply glassed in on the back side to give it strength
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 12:26am

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 12:31am

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 12:47am
I don't have the piece that is behind the motor. Don't know it thereever was one.
The carpet was tacked with staples, I'm hoping it will clean up
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 1:36am
In the end I used the same 3m compounds and pads that we use on the hull. Cleaned up really well.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2014 at 10:41am
There is no "decoding" the serial number, they were just sequential (with some exceptions). Art should be able to pull the build sheet on it and confirm the date.

It's pretty common for registrations to list the year incorrectly, you see it all the time. Apparently the DMV is not the authority on year to year changes at Correct Craft.

A '69 would have had different seats, light, dash, scoops (style, placement, number), etc, as noted earlier in the thread.
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2014 at 1:18am

1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2014 at 1:30am
Took the windshield off today and one side was plastic and the other glass?

Is the white molding still available somewhere?

How would one fix this?
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2014 at 1:35am

Tim looks like these are original
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2014 at 2:01am
The 69 SS Mustang I sacrificed had one glass pane and one plastic too The vinyl windshield deck channel is available Let me know if you can't read the numbers. Love your project!
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2014 at 8:25am
Yes, scoops are original, since I posted last year about not recognizing those rounded scoops, I've encountered a few 67 and early 68 boats with them.

Not sure what we're looking at in the "how do I fix this" pic?

Motorbox looks good!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2014 at 9:52am
Kind of weird why the windshield frame broke where it attaches to the deck. We have a plastic panel in our Classic windshield. It was a challenge to put it together due to the plastic being slightly thicker than the glass. The color of the motor box is nice!
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2014 at 1:42pm
Which side of your windshield is plastic, port or starboard? I believe the mounting tab on the windshield could be welded back on.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2014 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

I believe the mounting tab on the windshield could be welded back on.

It's sure worth a try but, some alloys can't be welded. You won't know until the welder tries to develop the weld puddle.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2014 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Which side of your windshield is plastic, port or starboard? .

Oh boy now your putting me to the test
Uh the plastic was on the port side, the glass was on the starboard side

I hope your going to Tell me you have the one I need ? And your willing to part with it.
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2014 at 8:06pm
I can set you up with another plastic port side pane. Sorry. See if they can weld up your frame. If all else fails get back to me sometime. I will know a lot more when I get mine assembled.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2014 at 8:48pm
Ken Meloon at the Taveres show was telling me how many halfs they used to go thru,I'm guessing the passenger is using it for a handle,while the driver used the wheel?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2014 at 9:04pm
The wheel doesn't work either Gary.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2014 at 11:38pm
I didn't ask how many wheels they had John
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2014 at 7:28am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Ken Meloon at the Taveres show was telling me how many halfs they used to go thru,I'm guessing the passenger is using it for a handle,while the driver used the wheel?

Another reason to turn that observer seat around the way it's supposed to be! The pylon is a sturdier grab handle too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic