NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I hate winter....urggghh

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I hate winter....urggghh
    Posted: November-04-2013 at 8:36pm
Ole Tique back on the operating table. New ARE shaft, riser gaskets, odd and end wiring modifications for bilge pumps, gel work coming and trailer bunks and carpet planned. Contemplating finishing new motor in time for this summer. Its a 434 small block chevy. Bottom end is assembled but lost as to what cam to run and manifolds it currently has is going to be restrictive. I hate the expence these reverse motors require with the camshafts. We will see. I'm focusing on the other items for now as the current motor is doing very well, it steadly GPSed over fifty this year on good water.

“Tact is the ability to step on a man's toes without messing up the shine on his shoes.” ― Harry S. Truman
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2013 at 9:02pm
I'm waiting for someone with an older boat to build a lefty and putting a PCM trans to change the rotation. Don't see why it can't be done
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2013 at 9:08pm
The 434 is built for right hand. All I've talked to said that over powering this boat alone would make it handle wierd at speed. I really don't want to complicate things. Its been suggested to me to install small jack plates (correct term?) on the transome after motor swap.
“Tact is the ability to step on a man's toes without messing up the shine on his shoes.” ― Harry S. Truman
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2013 at 9:10pm
I just want to be able to throttle it to sixty five or so and get out of it just to said it will do it. Normally it runs around 25 with me and the wife on board.lol.

I also want to attempt to reduce prop shaft angle. I've been researching diferent oil pans to allow the engine to drop some on the mounts.
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2013 at 9:18pm
Gary. Re read your post. You talking about the 1.23 trans? If it is I've pondered that too.Hey I do have another 434 that I had in an old camaro that has brodix 11x heads and .620 lift solid roller cam! Its got JE forged pistons also, so it would take a healthy shot of spray....Lmao
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2013 at 10:24pm
Yes I am Vic. I was conversing with Art,he told me they are a little longer so that would be out as far as a Mustang goes,they are tight as it is. But for any other hull it would seem to solve alot of problems. Roller Cam? no problem many choices. Something to think about.....
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2013 at 11:03pm
Yea, I was wondering that to. I only have an inch or two between the trans and the shaft log as is. Could I move the engine foward some to make that work?
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2013 at 11:31pm
My wife said this would look sexy in the Tique.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2013 at 11:57pm
Trouble is you would be shifting more weight to the front when there is too much already. Unfortunately I think a longer boat is the answer
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2013 at 1:12am
Man up. It's fall.
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2013 at 9:38am
Thanks for correcting me hw but to me if its cold its winter and hot equals summer.lol
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2013 at 9:47am
Originally posted by forvicjr forvicjr wrote:

I only have an inch or two shaft, but I make that work
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2013 at 9:50am
What is the stock prop shaft angle and does anyone know if it would be worth only being able to get a couple of degrees. This isn't really a main concern as I have many othrr things to do first, It is something that I want though. Love to see the 450/500hp mark and I'd be happy with sixty five mph. 8-)
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2013 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Donald. I would have more to say but I think I'm going to let that one ride.lol
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2013 at 10:15am

Donald. I would have more but I think I'm going to ride.lol
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2013 at 10:41am
Gary, Joe is running a LH carb motor and a 1.23 in the 83. It's a good choice but new 1.23 transmissions are a little expensive...

A stroker Ford with a mild cam will make more power than a 351. So what if you're leaving some power on the table with the camshaft limitations of a reverse rotation engine it will still run circles around almost any boat that came from the factory.

That Chebby your working on sounds like it will make that Tique a white knuckle ride.
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2013 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Donald. I would have more but I think I'm going to ride.lol

Not even going to respond. It will end up modified and quoted.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic