Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ACME 540 on the way!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
trikeaholic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trikeaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ACME 540 on the way!
    Posted: March-16-2006 at 5:10pm
Starting to ITCH for some "shredding" (thats what we call it)
Been working a few security jobs on the side and made the 300 bucks for the prop. I still dont know how much my interior cost me. I went by the shop at LEAST 4 times to pay the fellow but got blown off. I dont think I will be going back to the shop any time soon!

Soon as I get it back together, (if it ever gets warm out)I will send in some diary pics.
1980 Ski Nautique
Ithaca NY
My Boat
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2006 at 6:35pm
I bought the 87 and now i am told the 540 is not the best but the 542.Now i have 2 540's laying in the basement .I think they will goto the Green Lake Reunion with me.

P.S. You will love that prop.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2006 at 8:28pm
Terry,

What do you want for the 540, I 've been holding off on buying one because the "I want that" list is pretty long. I'd love to try one out and maybe we could make a deal.

I'd be surprised if you need to go to the 542 with all the torque you have with the BB, that thing would pull one heck of a holeshot with the 542 on it. I guess the 542 brings the rpm up a little to help you hold constant speed for wakeboarding but I don't think you'd have the same problem holding speed a standard 240hp engine would have. I guess you'll have to let us know.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2006 at 8:58pm
If you want to try one in Green Lake let me know and i will set one aside for you.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2006 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by ultrahots ultrahots wrote:

I bought the 87 and now i am told the 540 is not the best but the 542.Now i have 2 540's laying in the basement .I think they will goto the Green Lake Reunion with me.

I guess the 540 is better for speed, footin and skiing and the 542 for lower speed...wakeboarding/skating.

Ultrahots, what kind of condition are the props in? I'd love to take one off your hands soon.
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2006 at 4:53pm
They are both new.I bought one to use and the other is a spare.The used one has maybe 40 to 50 hours on it at best.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2006 at 9:06am
If you are interested in selling one in the next week or two let me know. I'll take one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic