Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

exhaust manifold compatability

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Greg View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: exhaust manifold compatability
    Posted: April-27-2004 at 10:14am
1970 Correct Craft Mustang with Ford 289 has interceptor exhaust manifold that needs to be replaced. Difficult to find. Any suggestions for alternative manifolds/riser that will fit under engine cover without alteration along with dealer/manufacturer contact info would be greatly appreciated.
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2004 at 1:14pm
i would measure your clearance and post. maybe somebody with a 302 in your model can measure the clearance. the pcm center riser manifolds
(best price is j.a.chamberland) are just shy of the top of the breather on my 72 with the 351.

i have one good and one bad 'riser' for the interceptor manifolds if you decide to stay stock.
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2004 at 2:41pm
Have you tried Blue Ridge Marine 800 621-2215. Paul is really helpful. If you stay stock he may have used available.
cisom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cisom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2004 at 3:27pm
Glen-l carries Glenwood aluminum logs and risers. They're light and compact. Try this link: http://www.glen-l.com/inboard/0755.html
Greg View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2004 at 10:21pm
Tryan, would that stock riser happen to be good on the port side?
Greg View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2004 at 10:38pm
Upon closer inspection, I think that the logs should bolt up to either side and I can swap ends, therefore, tryan if you are willing to part with your parts and they are what I need, I'd like to talk about it.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2004 at 12:21am
Greg, I've got a 70 Mustang also with an Interceptor 302, under the diaries section. I replaced the originals with some Barr Marine aluminum center risers (I don't know that Barr is still around) but they hit the top corners of the engine box. However, I've got the old curvy style engine box which has less clearance. See Howard Lane's red 70 Mustang in the diaries with the Glenwood alum pieces that 'cisom' mentioned. They are really nice and I'm forced to see them in person way too often every time he pulls up to my dock. You really don't have to have risers if you don't want as it probably didn't come with them, and that will save a buck or two. Like Tom, 'tryan', I've got a set of the older aluminum embossed Interceptor manifolds. Are your originals cast iron or the alum ones?
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic