NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

76 Ski Tique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bblakley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bblakley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 76 Ski Tique
    Posted: November-23-2013 at 10:30pm
OK... Rebuilt Carb installed, New Fuel Pump, New Fuel/Water Separator, New Fuel Lines, Cleaned out Fuel Tank. Replaced Spark Plugs and did an oil change w/filter.

Well soon have a new battery and ready to try to start.

Need a couple things from you all.

A) How do you fix it up so you can use the garden hose to start out of water? I have seen video's where one tube goes into a 5 Gal bucket while you let your hose pour into the bucket. Others I see just have the hose hooked up to I am guessing the Main hose that goes to the Inlet.

B) Since I have completely dry Fuel System, how do you start for the first time> Starter Fluid till it turns over? I dunno...

Engine turns over by hand pretty easily so I am not worried about lubrication... Do I need to worry about lubrication?

My worries are in this order.

1. Will it turn over?
2 Will it Start?
3. Does it leak?
4 Will it move.

Other than that!

Till next time,

Bryan
bblakley
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2013 at 10:45pm
Bryan either method will work but if you use bucket you will be able to see if the raw water pump will pull water. If you connect the hose direct you can't tell because of the hose pressure. As to starting I just put a small amount of gas down the carb then reinstall the flame arrester,it will take several tries but make sure you reinstall the arrester each time in case you get a back fire
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
bblakley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bblakley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2013 at 4:24pm
Is there anything in the Postings that show you which hoses and how to set up so you can start up in your driveway?
bblakley
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2013 at 7:13pm
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2013 at 7:16pm
NO starting fluid!! BAD!!! It is a very strong solvent and washes the oil off the cylinder walls.

You can use the 5 gal. buckets method as long as you keep the bucket full. The other method is to hook the hose up to the suction side of the RWP but, as Gary mentioned, that can give you a false idea that the RWP works due to the pressure of the garden hose.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2013 at 10:36am
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
bblakley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bblakley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2013 at 11:41pm
Is there a post you could show me that shows exactly how you set up this method to start using the bucket? I don't want to screw it up.

Thanx,

Bryan
bblakley
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2013 at 11:52pm
The video in the fourth post above is a 76 tique, so it is the same set up as yours. The short green hose has a pvc fitting on the end to fit snugly into the 1 1/8" (?) hose that leads from the through hull fitting (back, next to the transmission) to the raw water pump. Unscrew the clamp on the hose at the through hull fitting, put the garden hose fitting into the hose and tighten it up. Other end of the green hose goes into the bucket as seen in the video. The rest of the process, I think the video shows pretty clearly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic