NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pics of your tow vehicle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112 29>
Author
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2013 at 4:34pm
2006 Jeep Commander 4.7L Limited AWD with 115K miles. Towes great and fun to drive

ST79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ST79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2013 at 5:11pm
If you are talking about the International DT466 it was a ambulance that I had made to pull the goose neck trailer
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2013 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by ST79 ST79 wrote:

If you are talking about the International DT466 it was a ambulance that I had made to pull the goose neck trailer

Yes, that's it. So that flat bed was custom built for it? Very cool vehicle! What transmission is in it?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
ST79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ST79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2013 at 5:26pm
It has a Allison trans this another part that makes this truck bullet proof. The bed is a stock 9ft flat bed I had the truck cut down to fit the bed the truck has a 133 inch wheel base turns like a fork lift. This is 1996 model with ever thing you see I have about $16000.00 in it. It works great for PWC trailers you can see it and hard to jack knife the trailer
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2013 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Here is my little Liberty, poised for battle. The 3.7 V6 is a great compromise, you get the power output of a large 4 cylinder with the fuel consumption of a V8
It tows just ok, but it does the trick.

Sounds like the 4.0 in my wife's old 2000 Grand Cherokee. 11-13 around town in the winter. Also the 42RE trans went out the first time I pulled something with it. On the way home from Nebraska pulling my antique Jeep on an aluminum flatbed my credit card company called me because they suspected fraud because someone was charging so much gas. 6-7 on the highway pulling that trailer. The ad to sell it should have said "must sell to appreciate". I know they are better now.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2013 at 6:25pm
I have an '06 diesel Liberty, tows incredibly well for it's size. The nice thing about the CRD's is they put the 45RFE tranny in them to handle the torque, so the transmission is bulletproof. The weak link is the torque converter, mine has chattered off and on for 10,000 plus miles now, need to replace with the Euro spec one.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2013 at 6:43pm
The 42RFE must be vastly improved over the 42RE

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2014 at 9:09pm
This rig doesn't make its way up the ramp very well but still functional in the shop!

bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2014 at 12:36am
Needs a repaint to "Promo Orange".
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2014 at 11:49am
Chris, I've got a very similar vintage Clark at work, needs some ignition work but otherwise is still a good running machine. I think you've got bigger drive wheels than mine, and it definitely isn't climbing any ramps! I've always enjoyed running it, very maneuverable and steering isn't bad considering it's manual.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2014 at 1:06pm
I love the high performance chrome air scoop on the Clark, must give it a few more HP.

My tow vehicle became a towed vehicle. lots of snow and still snowing. I am not even going to bother brushing it off. "Summer only" tires seem a bit out of place right now. Luckily my wife shares her car with me in weather like this.

At least this guy in the gold car has 4WD, but sadly, no hitch.

Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2014 at 1:46pm
Is that a Lambo John? Did you take that photo?

Of course it would have a vanity plate.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2014 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

This rig doesn't make its way up the ramp very well but still functional in the shop! [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align="middle

Chris - you need to mod those forks to bunks (ala boat barn style), then you can just lift the boat, drive it to the dock and just set it in the water, no ramp required.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2014 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Hansel Hansel wrote:

Is that a Lambo John? Did you take that photo?

Of course it would have a vanity plate.

2nd gen Gallardo I believe. A guy in one of my car clubs took it and sent it to me.
Csh is tlkng and it's saying "I'm an ignorant arrogant bastard" in this case. I like to see exotic cars, but using that car in weather like this is a bit like rigging a new G boat for a season of Deadliest Catch.

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2014 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

This rig doesn't make its way up the ramp very well but still functional in the shop! [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align="middle

Chris - you need to mod those forks to bunks (ala boat barn style), then you can just lift the boat, drive it to the dock and just set it in the water, no ramp required.

The old Clark may lift it easily, but it would have a bit of trouble lowering it below grade to the water.

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2014 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

The old Clark may lift it easily, but it would have a bit of trouble lowering it below grade to the water.

Don't even think it will lift it - if like mine it's a 2,500 lb. machine, with a few people hanging off the back might lift a bit over 3,000.

Our heaviest forklift is a 6,000 lb. capacity, and we have home made fork extensions. I thought about padding them and seeing if it could lift my Sport off the trailer. I think the engine is too far forward to get the right balance, not sure.
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2014 at 5:50pm
Lt1 Roadmasters do a great job this is my tow rig.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2014 at 5:53pm
Is that an SS roadmaster?
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2014 at 6:05pm
No such thing,just has Impalla SS wheels.94-96 Roadmasters are exact same drive line as Impalla SS.Kind of an Impalla SS in a Tuxedo.This one has factory Towpac all H-D sway bars,Posi,special cooling options.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2014 at 6:06pm
Beautiful!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2014 at 6:42pm
Daaaaannngggg. It's like the gentlemen's SS. Hollywood has to be sporting chub at the moment.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2014 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Daaaaannngggg. It's like the gentlemen's SS. Hollywood has to be sporting chub at the moment.

Gary too.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2014 at 6:49pm
Give me Brougham or give me death!
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2014 at 6:55pm
I hear that! Would like to get a 96 Towpac Fleetwood.The ultimate tow vehicle
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2014 at 6:56pm
2004 Tahoe

I found pictures/reviews of the 2015 Tahoe online. New body style with lots of updates. 355HP 5.3-liter with fold-flat third row seats. Supposed to be available in early 2014. Maybe I'll be ready in a couple years.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2014 at 6:58pm
The traction control is bs I'd rather have posi. Other than that, it's pretty awesome... Oh, and I'll look for a 95 next to avoid emissions testing.
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2014 at 7:00pm
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2014 at 7:04pm
Forgot text,Dark Cherry Metalic W/Ruby red leather.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2014 at 7:11pm
That's plush right there. HW when I get in any vehicle especially during winter the first thing I do after I start it is (open the beer in the cup holder) and click the traction control off button. Makes it horrible to accelerate at any speed. If the abs ever goes out on the truck I will just take the bulb out and roll with it. I don't like electronic controls. They don't respond well to folks who actually know how to drive ha. Hope they never put stability control on a boat ;).
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2014 at 7:23pm
No traction control on this one it will do a posi hole shot that any Hotrodder would be proud of.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112 29>
  Share Topic