NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pics of your tow vehicle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 29>
Author
va-river-tique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote va-river-tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2013 at 12:23pm
Ram OffRoad edition 5.9L

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2013 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

You want to throw the old 351 from the Martinique in there?

Speaking of donor engines, HW did we ever come to terms on that tri-hull?
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2013 at 12:28pm
Nice, cool package. Did the newer body style off road trucks still have a 4.10 axle ratio? Towing machines with the 360. Can't kill em.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2013 at 12:41pm
The old engine is part of the trade.

Skipping the trihull for now. Seems to be missing everything but a steering wheel. Decided not to pile up the projects.
va-river-tique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote va-river-tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2013 at 12:51pm
3.92 limited slip
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2013 at 2:42am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Most people who have installed a locking differential in a front axle have learned why this is not a factory option and now keep their thumbs outside the steering wheel.

For people that cheap out and get a lunchbox locker or a spool. An ARB airlocker, Eaton E-locker or OX locker is invisible when turned off.

Don't have any pics towing the mustang unfortunately.

My F350 7.3 IH that is overkill for most of the towing I do. It should really go up for sale, but I really like driving it.

My Jeep is great for towing, I've towed to about 5k pretty easily, over that it doesnt have the power. Everything on it is upgraded except the engine, its on the list.

jkilbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkilbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2013 at 9:37am
My tow vehicle is a 2000 GMC Safari AWD van. Factory tow package with 3.73 gears and posi rear. It tows nice, I can pack it with the wife and kids
1979 Ski Nautique
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2013 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Hussler Hussler wrote:

Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

Most people who have installed a locking differential in a front axle have learned why this is not a factory option and now keep their thumbs outside the steering wheel.

For people that cheap out and get a lunchbox locker or a spool. An ARB airlocker, Eaton E-locker or OX locker is invisible when turned off.

Don't have any pics towing the mustang unfortunately.

My F350 7.3 IH that is overkill for most of the towing I do. It should really go up for sale, but I really like driving it.

My Jeep is great for towing, I've towed to about 5k pretty easily, over that it doesnt have the power. Everything on it is upgraded except the engine, its on the list.

Turned off I wouldn't think any of them would be a problem. I was referring to when the front is locked and a front tire suddenly gains traction while spinning such as a pinch between two rocks.

I had major torque steer issues with my FWD car. A Quaife ATB LSD really helped. It doesn't lock but biases the torque incrementally with gears instead of locking with a clutch. Much smoother but I don't think they make anything for trucks.

Just to stay on topic, my weenie tow vehicle is done until the streets clear up. It's useless in snow.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Brennan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2013 at 6:15pm
2005 GMC 2500HD Duramax Diesel. Sitting pretty at 178,000 miles.

1997 Ski Nautique
Captain Nick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2013 at 6:37pm
Wow that's a nice truck that you have. I like the color combo on the ski nautique.
Live life to the fullest!
P71_CrownVic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2013 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Captain Nick Captain Nick wrote:

Wow that's a nice truck that you have. I like the color combo on the ski nautique.

Black over red is a winner no matter what:

Captain Nick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2013 at 3:33am
Thank you there P71_CrownVic
Live life to the fullest!
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2013 at 11:36am
slight threadjack here.

My tow vehicle is a 2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 2WD with SV Trim and 52K miles. Interested in trading to a full size Chevy/GMC or Ford. Looking at an 2007-2010 models as I think I can possibly get into one w/o having to come out of pocket more to make up any difference b/w value of what I have and the full size.

What are your opinions on those years of those vehicles. This would be a daily driver. Needs are:

4 door
V8
preferrably not a 4WD
preferrably loaded up with options
as low mileage as possible

Are their major known differences of these models during this timeframe?

Also, what about motor options? Ford 4.6 vs. 5.4? etc.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2013 at 11:46am
Steve,

My 2004 Tahoe with 2008K pulls great with the smaller V8. It is the 326 Cubic Inch size .

Donald
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2013 at 2:38pm
Wow, over 2 million miles. You go girl!
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2013 at 3:05pm
This was doing pretty good in the snow with it's AWD, may make a good tow vehicle too!
I still keep getting a file writing error.

Halvey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2013 at 2:25am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2013 at 9:38am
200,000+ miles per year, now that a road warrior
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2013 at 2:25pm
A few tow vehicles in this list to avoid.
IIHS 10 highest death rate vehicles on the road

Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2013 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Edit: 208K

Actually, the wife did put about 90% of those miles on the Tahoe.

Now you see why I was a Business Major and not an Engineering Major.

Donald
beretta5spd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2013 at 2:27am
My tow rig:

2009 F150 5.4

Mods... 22" strada denaro rims
bakflip g2 folding tonneau
ipad mini dash mount for music and engine management through wireless OBDII adapter

1996,1997 Sport Nautique 1986,1992 Ski Nautique - Sold
1995 Sport Nautique - Current
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2013 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Now you see why I was a Business Major
Donald

I do. You are good at inflating figures!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2013 at 5:32pm
Looks good Dwight. What all are you managing from the iPad mini?
beretta5spd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beretta5spd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2013 at 6:05pm
Thanks!

With a wireless OBDII adapter and an iOS app called "dashcommand" you can monitor many (if not most) of your vehicle's sensor data. Also view and erase trouble codes.

The first screen here shows Timing, Coolant temps, MAP pressure, Intake temp, and MAF

Second screen shot shows rpms, speed, gas pedal and throttle position sensor (drive by wire throttle so two are potentially different), boost, accel, power, and torque engine is making

Third screen is Fuel consumption screen. It's so detailed to show how much fuel you are dumping down the cylinders. It's sure informative to show how much extra fuel you can save by slowing down even a few mph.
Of course most of these units are in metric units because I'm Canadian but I'm sure you'll get the picture :)

These are just the screens that come stock that I like. You can also monitor things like voltage (my F150 comes stock with a transmission temp gauge instead of a voltage gauge.)

There are some values I couldn't read on my truck (fuel rail psi for some reason) but like I said the data available is awesome. I was able to read a trouble code on my Jeep while I was driving and erase it when I realized it wasn't a major problem. Easy.

Requirements:

1 - ELM327 WIFI Adapter

1 - Copy of Dashcomand on ios Device

1 - vehicle 96 or newer with OBDII port
1996,1997 Sport Nautique 1986,1992 Ski Nautique - Sold
1995 Sport Nautique - Current
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2013 at 6:25pm
This has been my towing beast for the last four years. 1998 Ford Club Wagon Super Duty with a 7.3 Liter Power Stroke Turbo Diesel. I converted it to 4X4 a year ago and added the Sprtsmobile Top 3 years ago. It can haul 8 people and sleeps four. It's been a lot of fun and tows the boat like it's not there. I'm thinking of selling it right now if anyone is interested.
Work to live, not live to work.

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 1:11am
Originally posted by 79Tique 79Tique wrote:

This has been my towing beast for the last four years. 1998 Ford Club Wagon Super Duty with a 7.3 Liter Power Stroke Turbo Diesel. I converted it to 4X4 a year ago and added the Sprtsmobile Top 3 years ago. It can haul 8 people and sleeps four. It's been a lot of fun and tows the boat like it's not there. I'm thinking of selling it right now if anyone is interested.

Your pic didnt work but I know what youre talking about, those 4x4 vans are sick.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 7:12pm
I would love to have one of those vans
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 8:22pm
Mine is for sale. You can see it here.
http://bend.craigslist.org/cto/4246557007.html
Work to live, not live to work.

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2013 at 10:57am
That van is SICK! Wait, did I just say van and sick in the same sentence? If Mars keeps having babies a rig like that will be in his near future.....
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2013 at 11:22am
I may have the best wife ever. Showed her the link yesterday and she loved it! Couldn't believe she was being serious but we hope to continue an active lifestyle with kids and it would make the perfect family road trip van.

Now, I only wish we didn't have a half-finished home addition or we'd be on our way. Thanks for the inspiration, Gabe! Very cool rig!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 29>
  Share Topic