Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft History

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Floatmyboat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floatmyboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft History
    Posted: March-24-2006 at 8:27pm
Any good website on the history of correct craft and the their boats
75% of the earth is water
Spend 3/4 of your time on the Water
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 8:31pm
You can get some pretty good info off the reference section of this site. There's a little history there, some of it's a little tough to read.
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 8:34pm
    If you get a chance to go to Orange Fla, (not far from your next Disney trip) go to the factory for a tour!!! Like Dunkin Donuts, its worth the trip!!!
                                  Jeff...
Floatmyboat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floatmyboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 8:40pm
That sounds great. I have always wanted to do that. Do you know a website to check out on it?
75% of the earth is water
Spend 3/4 of your time on the Water
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2006 at 8:59pm
    Go to CC main site and click on history. Lots of good info.

http://www.correctcraft.com/Main.htm

Jeff...
marks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2006 at 9:49pm
There is a book called "Saved from Bankruptcy" by David and Dorothy Enlow, that gives a history of Correct Craft and the Meloons. I received a copy when I bought my boat. It has a religous bend to it, but that was the foundation of their company. It's an interesting read. Copies can still be found out on the web.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2006 at 9:57pm
The book I received was called "Parting the Waters" by James Vincent. Again, a very religious tone but full of intersting history about Correct Craft, particularly its efforts in building boats for WWII efforts. BKH
Livin' the Dream

66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2006 at 6:53am
The tour of the factory was great. I've been twice.

Unfortunately, I've seen posts on planetnautique about the fact that Correct Craft stopped the factory tours.

They're just too busy in the old factory getting boats built to have folks walking through there.

I'm sure once they get the new factory up and running they'll re-open their doors to folks who want a tour...
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2006 at 9:04am
I took the tour in November of 2000. They were very gracious and gave my family and me a great tour.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2006 at 8:40pm
   As I went several years ago, they gave me a "Id rather be in a Nautique" license plate frame, as well as 2 black Nautique key chains. The license plate frame is still on my service van today, and still use the keychains. They still give stuff like that today??? Good advertising for them!!
                                  Jeff...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic