Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carpet

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
captbob626 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captbob626 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpet
    Posted: December-15-2013 at 10:41pm
Does anyone know of a source for carpet for my 83 ski nautique? It is red and looks like the grass type
Bob Meimbresse
shawn123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 1:16pm
not sure if your looking for factory fit or if your doing it yourself, but I have always had good look finding quality carpet on ebay. I do all my carpet myself though
if it floats it's not sunk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captbob626 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 2:30pm
I was going to DIY but looking for a source to purchase. I'll check eBay. Thanks
Bob Meimbresse
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2013 at 2:53pm
Internet searching is your friend. Ebay, MarineCarpeting.com, and looking for local sources is what I did. I ended up buying carpet from the person who is working my upholstery. We got a wonderfully luxurious carpet for a really good price.

Henry 263 is the recommended glue by popular vote on this site.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
beachdude24 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachdude24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2013 at 12:46am
www.boatcarpetcentral.com/premium-boat-carpet
Living the Salt Life...Life is better in Aruba

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captbob626 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2013 at 1:31pm
Thanks for the lead.   I was looking for what I think is original in my 83 ski nautique.   It's red with black and it's the grass like. But I can only find green   Maybe there's a better choice .
Bob Meimbresse
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2013 at 1:40pm
This is what you need: Tactic (t) Bandana Reds

http://thecarpetmill.com/outdoor.htm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captbob626 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2013 at 12:29am
Thanks. I requested a sample. Price seems high 5 89 sq yd?
Bob Meimbresse
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2013 at 1:53pm
It says $5.49/ sq yd (cut) on the website. On a 6' wide roll, I always get 2-2.5x the length of the boat to account for the floor, walls and all the panels. 6'x50'= 300 sq ft = 33.3 sq yd x $5.49 = $183. That's cheap. I always budget $250-300 for carpet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captbob626 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2014 at 1:12am
Thanks for the input. I wasn't sure.
Bob Meimbresse
shawn123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2014 at 1:54pm
yeah that price sounds good. My carpet is going to cost 280.00 for my 87 correct craft Martinique.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2014 at 2:33pm
let me know how hard it is to install the carpet. I'd like to do mine one of these days, but I'm not quite sure how to do it. Especially around the motorbox
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2014 at 3:18pm
The carpet on the motorbox is sewn to the vinyl skin. I would not consider it part of a normal carpet replacement... That's an interior item.

There are a few threads on here that cover carpet replacement- check the commonly asked questions section.
shawn123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2014 at 3:23pm
Best advice I can give you is measure twice, three times, even four and cut once. I try to keep as much of old carpentry in tact to use as template for small pieces.like under dash and any storage compartments.also use a quality adhesive. Finally I get in no hurry. Once its there and set...its there unless you want to start all over. Oh and buy plenty so you get enough carpet to finish that comes from the same batch. Its kinda like siding or shingles. What you buy today may not be an exact match to what they make tomorrow.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic