NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2014 / Sunnyland Antique Boat Show

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Originally posted by ArtCozier ArtCozier wrote:

We also might have a new boat there.
Available for test rides/ski sets? Don't tease me now Art...

That's yet to be determined. I would think that Marketing would want something in the water. I'll bounce the idea off of them and see where it lands. Nothing can be moved from/to the land displays once put in place. No room to maneuver. So if we put one in the water, it has to be for the whole show. The other option is to put in at a public ramp somewhere nearby. There's also the forever insurance battle.
"Art"
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2014 at 10:34am
Billy, put me down for 5 wrist bands. I'll speak up for Quinner, Maddie, Kap and John. The price of admission is cheap.

Hell, I'll even stir up the pot and bring my Skier. I'll try and keep it as far away from the CC Coral as possible so the uninformed don't get confused.

Let me know where that public ramp is at that you talked about because I'm sure not going to keep my boat there overnight either. The haul back and forth to Astor, although a bit inconvenient, isn't that big of a deal to me. It'll prevent me from the libation that others might enjoy while at the show, but I can certainly make up it when we get back to the Lee St. party house. I'm happy to be the designated driver in that regard. It's getting tougher to hang with those young kids anyway....LOL
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2014 at 10:54am
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

Hell, I'll even stir up the pot and bring my Skier. I'll try and keep it as far away from the CC Coral as possible so the uninformed don't get confused.

Eddie you know darn well that you and the skier are welcome at ANY CCFan event! The boat may not not say Correct Craft but you've been one of us for a long time anyway. Besides, as much as you have worked on and driven John's boat you're considered part owner.

Should the gate polise ask...we'll tell them you've been adopted.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2014 at 10:56am
Billy, is there a age limit for kids getting in free? Jillian is less than 2yrs old and Jimmy's kids are young as well. 6 & 4 I think. If kids are free then I'll need a total of 4 bands.
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2014 at 11:24am
Okay guy's guess I need to briing y'all up to speed with things we "staff" members have discussed.

We are still working with Alan/Action Screen Printing on shirts for this years SJRR. Once we have details worked on that we'll let you know. Alan's got his 9 3/4 fingers full of stuff going so shirts at this point is still up in the air.

WE WILL have a CCFan tent at the show for you to get your bands from a registration table at the tent. Once you get to the Corral you will need to go to our tent and get your bands if you have not gotten them earlier. Billy, Karen or I will be at Parramores starting Thursday so you can get them from us then and pay a registration fee.(yet to be determined based on if we're doing T-shirts).

Wrist bands for children are $3 but I will contact Terry Fiest to see if there is cut off age where they are allowed in free.

We are asking ALL CCFans to wear a Correct Craft Shirt of some sort Fri & Sat so that we will been seen and heard. My vote is either a previous SJRR shirt or Loud Pipes Save Lives if Alan can get em done in time.

There will be several other Correct Craft boats in the corral from fellow owners that are not CCFans so just keep that in mind.

Haven't finalized the details but we're also working on boat storage for Fri night at the show for those of us who are trailering boats down there from Parramores. I for one don't wanna drag it back and forth but preliminary indications are that this should not be a problem. So if you're trailering it down your other baby should have a safe place to stay the night and await your return on Sat. morn.

REMINDER.....Fri nights Capt's Happy hour is heavy finger foods so if you're going we'll all have to head somewhere after the thing for a decent meal. SAT night I believe will be the usual cookout/eat what ya brought at Parramores IF you are not doing the $40 dinner at the show. The Rec room has been reserved at the campground so on the other thread that needs to get moving as well.

I will be in touch with ALL attendees via phone SOON!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2014 at 10:27pm
Will be heading to the show. Family and I (4) will be passing the event heading towards Estero from our over night stop in Atlanta and will stop by to see all the excitement It will be a good break from all the driving from IN. Looking forward to the show!
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2014 at 1:34pm
Are any somewhat organized boating trips being planned for Friday or Saturday for the CC Corral boats?
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2014 at 1:51pm
Scott, I think all that is planned for Friday and Saturday is hanging out in the Corral, going to the show and watersports activities on the surrounding lakes. Boat Dr is planning on water displaying the Starflight so those who haven't ridden in it can get a chance too. Probably the same for any other CC in the water in the corral or in the show. Gonna guess the 61 from the Factory is gonna be a trailer queen but if Art has her in the water I know I'd like to get in a slalom run behind her. I'm sure plenty of folks will wanna explore the chain of lakes and wanna do that so it's worth discussing with the gang parked there. I know 'Miss Scarlett' will do some exploring but can't speak for other members. Most River Rat's like a spurr of the moment idea anyway.
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2014 at 4:01pm
Art weighing in..... Yes, the current plan is that the '61 will reside on its trailer near the CC HQ tent. I will be sharing my time between the CC tent and the CCF activities. Might decide to tag along with someone who is up for exploring the Dora Chain of Lakes.
"Art"
62 AquaSkier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 AquaSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2014 at 4:41pm
I will have our 62 in water and open to anyone that would want a ride. I will also have room Friday if anyone wants to ride over to the picnic. No family until Friday night.
Todd
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2014 at 5:40pm
I am up for it and I need a tour guide Art!
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 7:59pm
Okay River Rats here is the latest scoop about this years River Run.

It appears that those of us that are sanctioned to the CCC will have a place to keep our boats overnight on the trailer at Tavares. Construction in town is moving right along and the dirt pile is now gone where the Sunnyland folks were gonna give us a place to park boats on Friday night. You will be allowed to leave yours in the water at the CCC instead of putting on the trailer but that is entirely up to you.

Registration will take place at the Correct Craft Owners tent at the show where we will also be selling River Run T-shirts to the general public. Which will need to be manned by us during the show.

We need everyones help on this to man the booth for a couple hours or so and to entice you to do so, Alan along with Action Screen Printing are going to have one of a kind shirts to purchase to be worn while you volunteer to work the tent. These shirts will be different than all others because they will be PERSONALIZED TO YOU! The shirts will be something like a button down shirt (probably something like pro fishermen wear with the vent in the back) with YOUR YEAR, MODEL and BOAT NAME of the boat YOU OWN embroidered on the shirt itself. Alan will be posting an order form SOON for you to get your limited edtion SUNNYLAND/RIVER RUN shirt. The only cost to you is the price of the shirt and a couple of hours of your time working the tent. We want to distinguish ourselves from all the others and with a touch of class we are doing this one time offer.

Thanks in advance for your help with this as we can't do it without your help. We are going to make the people at the show so envious of us that they'll think...."Damn....I shoulda bought a Correct Craft!"

More details to come as we get them.... 28 days away and counting!
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 9:02pm
Very Cool!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 10:09pm
Thanks Tim, That was pretty close, here are the details on the staff shirts.

They will be a nice light weight, textured button down shirt so you can look good and stand out in the crowd of people gawking at our beautiful Correct Crafts.

We're going to embroider the Correctcraftfan.com logo on the left chest and a nice proud American Flag waving on the left sleeve.

The right sleeve is all yours, we'll embroider the year, make and boat name if you have one to personalize the shirt to you. Should be fun and will let everyone know that you're the caretaker of a really cool boat.

There is no sales tax and no shipping charges, I will deliver them to the show site on Friday am and you can pick them up at our table.

Shirts can be ordered here Don't forget to enter your boat info in the NOTES field and hit "save notes" when you are checking out.

JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 10:20pm
Sweet. Gonna have to get me one of these. Are rookies allowed to work the tent?
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

Sweet. Gonna have to get me one of these. Are rookies allowed to work the tent?

We hope everyone will share a few hours of their time at the show,we need people at the SJRR reg. tent and at the CC Owners tent to answer questions and to look intelligent. Any breathing bodies capable of the above tasks are welcome to serve as a "Correct Craft Ambassador"
This is going to be a great year for SJRR, possibly the most attened event yet. We hope the change of format will be veiwed as a positive when all is said and done.
We will still have plenty of food on Sat. nite along with adult beverages, some will arrive after our Capts. Supper at Tavares. So for Friday nite, really no real plans for Parramore's , there will be the Skipper meet and greet at Tavares, we will be there till it closes 7 or 8 pm, then back to Parramores for our meet and greet there.
There will be so much to see and do that whole week looks to be a blur...
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2014 at 12:26am
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

we need people at the SJRR reg. tent and at the CC Owners tent to look intelligent.
that's a shame, I really like that shirt

Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

that whole week looks to be a blur...
if we can be blurry at the tent I'm definitely in. Is it ok for me to be talking in cursive when answering questions?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2014 at 10:49am
Alan, Billy was getting info from some of us re: the shirts. Do we also need to fill out/order them here as well?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2014 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Alan, Billy was getting info from some of us re: the shirts. Do we also need to fill out/order them here as well?

Steve, Yes everything has to be ordered online. Best way for me to get it all done in a short time frame with no mistakes, besides with my hand still bandaged up I can't read my own writing so you might not be happy with what ends up on the sleeve .

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2014 at 12:33pm
uhhhh, there wont be any blood stains on them, will there?

will get them ordered tonight...

btw, how is your thumb doing?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2014 at 1:52pm

Doing ok but it's a slow healing process. I'm already doing more than the doc says I should but I don't have the option of sitting home and watching TV while it heals. I actually had surgery on it at 2 pm the day it happened and I was back at my desk working by 4. Isn't it great being self employed?
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2014 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Doing ok but it's a slow healing process. I'm already doing more than the doc says I should but I don't have the option of sitting home and watching TV while it heals. I actually had surgery on it at 2 pm the day it happened and I was back at my desk working by 4. Isn't it great being self employed?

Keep remembering that room full of money we go home and jump into every night... otherwise it wouldnt be worth it!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2014 at 11:25am
Ok, I just ordered my shirt with the link from Alan and I'll be happy to work the tent. I'm an early riser anyway so I'll be happy to be there for the first shifts on friday and/or saturday. I might be a little glassy eyed but it's not like that's never happened before
So do we have a sign up sheet or are we just winging it?

"Put me in coach"

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2014 at 11:33am
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

I'll be happy to work the tent. I'm an early riser anyway so I'll be happy to be there for the first shifts on friday and/or saturday.

"Put me in coach"

"Take the First Train to Clarksville"? eerrrrr, make that Tavares.

CAN'T WAIT!
btw, Pam and I will be glad to work the tent sometime as well.

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2014 at 11:42am
Eddie, We'll have a sign up sheet there at Parramores or wherever for you to sign up for a time when you pick up your shirt from Alan & Dana. The more folks we have to give a couple hours to the cause then you probably have to do one day.

Got a call from Terry Fiest last night and as of right now, we who trailer down for a spot at the CC Corral will have a secure place to leave them on the trailer Fri Night. Excellent news for us!

Also, they have only a few spots available for the Sat Night dinner at the show. They are going to allow those of us who don't have boats in the show to attend who want to eat there instead of the traditional cookout at Parramores. I'll be calling you this weekend or during the week to find out how many wristbands you will need and your intentions on Fri/Sat night. They need a head count for. Fri night is open to all of us Correct Craft owners so here's your heads up. If you're a newbie River Rat or you know I don't have your # then PM it to me please so I can contact you regarding this.

Thanks in advance.

Foot

ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2014 at 12:11pm
Morfoot,
I will be staying in Tarvares Thursday night and can be at the show site first thing Friday to help with any setup. We will also be happy to work the tent as well.
Scott
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
62 AquaSkier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 AquaSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 9:51pm
Just ordered my shirt. They look great Alan!
Tim, I will be in Thursday afternoon and I am staying close by. I believe Billy and I are putting in early Friday morning for the in water display. That said, I can help out as needed.
Looking forward to meeting many new CCF's.
Todd
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2014 at 11:02am
Put us down for 2 wristbands. As I am new to CC boats I may not be a good source of info but I will be happy to put in some time at the tent. I am so looking forward to meeting everyone! And since we have had such a miserable winter here in CT, looking forward to getting in some early skiing!
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2014 at 11:14am
Val and I are planning on being there - Banana shirt ordered....planning on shaving too!
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2014 at 9:09pm
Well plans are set With a few driving changes, will be at the show on Saturday by 9am.

Valparaiso IN to Elizabeth-town KY
Elizabeth-town KY to Valdosta GA
Valdosta GA to Tavares FL

Planning on being in the Tavares area majority of the day to meet CCF members and then possible head to Parramore's to meet the rest. No plans, just going with the flow! We could only stay for the day since will have family waiting for us at Estero. Hopefully the family (wife, daughter 5, boy 3 & myself) could bum a ride to get an early 2014 ski run it's been a loooong winter.

Question, are all the shirts on hold from ordering? Looking to buy a shirt so I could roll up in style.

Thanks
See you there.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic