NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2014 / Sunnyland Antique Boat Show

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SJRR 2014 / Sunnyland Antique Boat Show
    Posted: December-17-2013 at 3:43pm
I just received this from the event chairman, Terry Feist. This show will feature CorrectCraft for the first time. We have a list of 20 plus boats as of now, if you would like to display your pre 1975 CC please do.
Boats displayed in the water will have to be ACBS members , but this does not apply to land display........Go figure Boat dr

If you have need info please call 1-318-386-2825

The Sunnyland Antique Boat Festival is just around the bend and it’s time to get your boats ready for the biggest boating event on the East Coast. Each year our show continues to grow and this year we will adjust the footprint to allow everyone to participate. Our new docks will accommodate all the in water participants and everyone will be assigned a dock. Bring large fenders and adequate lines to secure your boat in the event of inclement weather. You must pre-register for the event in order to receive all the amenities and be covered by our insurance policy.

The most unique thing about our show is our trailer valet service. When you arrive at our show, we direct you to a marshalling area where we unhook your boat from the tow vehicle, attach it to one of our tractors, launch your boat and store your trailer so you can enjoy your time on the water. When you are ready to depart on Sunday, you simply provide your trailer number to our valet service and we recover your boat and move it to our out-bound location where you attach your tow vehicle and depart the area.

The City’s parking garage is free and ready for use. All boat show participants will park in this new facility which is two blocks from the show and there will be a shuttle to and from the show site. The 2014 show promises to be a spectacular event, and this year we will feature Correct Craft Boats built before 1975.

As most of you know, we have the famous St John’s River cruise the week before our show, and if you can’t make the southbound cruise, we will have the north bound cruise following the show. When you combine the North and South bound river cruises and our spectacular event, its more than two weeks of vintage boating on pristine lakes and rivers in central Florida.

All the Sunnyland volunteers will be in place at 8am on Thursday March 27th to start the show and we close promptly at 5pm. If you arrive after 5pm on Thursday, you will have to come back on Friday morning to launch. We will not be accepting boats on Wednesday March 26. If you arrive early, you will not have access to our facilities. All participants must pass through our registration facility located on Joanna Street. There will be multiple signs to direct you to the show entrance.

There are some significant things that we are asking participants to comply with:

1.      When you arrive at our show site, please be ready to launch your boat; Have your cover and tiedowns removed----battery hooked up---full of fuel---lines installed---fenders ready---test start your engine prior to arriving; We ask for your help in this area because we have so many boats to launch and if you are not prepared when you arrive, it impacts on our process.

2.     Flea Market vendors will not be allowed to go in and out of the site on a daily basis. We will allow you to drive in on Thursday, set up and remove your vehicle. If you work out of your vehicle, you can leave it on site for the duration of the show. If you are a Flea Market Vendor, you must set up on THURSDAY. There will be no vehicle access to the Flea Market on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The Flea Market area has new concrete. If you use a tent, you CANNOT drive tent pegs into the concrete.

3.     We advertise and sell tickets for our show based on three days; all day Friday, Saturday and until noon on Sunday. Thursday is our set up day and WE HIGHLY ENCOURAGE YOU ARRIVE ON THURSDAY. THERE WILL BE LIMITED ACCESS ON FRIDAY AND THERE WILL NO ACCESS ON SATURDAY. WE WILL NOT LAUNCH OR SPOT BOATS IN THE LAND DISPLAY ON SATURDAY. Our show ends Sunday at noon and we will not start the Tractor Valet service prior to noon on Sunday. Land displays will remain in place until Sunday noon. IF YOU NEED TO DEPART PRIOR TO NOON ON SUNDAY, YOU NEED TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO STORE YOUR OWN TRAILER AND RECOVER YOUR BOAT AT A LAUNCH RAMP OTHER THAT THE SHOW SUITE.

On Friday March 28, we will have our traditional picnic and cruise through the Mystic Doral Canal to Hickory Point. If you don’t have a boat, you can join the picnic by driving to Hickory Point. Friday night we will have our famous “Captains Party” at the show site in the big tent at the center of the show. Light food and beverages will be served. On Saturday, ACBS will conduct a Symposium designed around the wood boat hobby and this will be open to the public. There will be a fashion show for the ladies Saturday afternoon as well. Saturday night we will have several cash bars and a dinner party.

Although our show is a non-judged ACBS event, our Corporate Sponsors will present awards on Sunday morning. This will be followed by Church services at a remote cove in the comfort and luxury of your own boat.

The cities of Tavares and Mount Dora are working in concert to accommodate the large crowd and there will be many activities. The Sea Plane Basin at Wooton Park will be operational and rides will be offered. In addition, we will have a vintage Steam Locomotive operating between Eustis and Tavares from the new Train Station that will offer train rides. Live music from the swing band era is provided by the M&M Swing Band. On Saturday Mount Dora will have their traditional Antique Street Festival. Non Ethanol fuel will be available at our docks for purchase.

The show location is Wooton Park on Lake Dora in Tavares. We have on site Motor Home parking, and there are several new restaurants in Tavares as well as the new Lakeview Inn Hotel on site. Reservations can be made by calling 352-508-5344. In addition, we have a block of rooms reserved at the beautiful Mission Inn Resort located at Howie-in-the-Hills, a short distance from the show. Reservations can be made by calling 352-324-3101. Mention the Boat Show and you will receive a reduced rate.

The GPS address for the show site is: 123 South Joanna Ave, Tavares Florida 32778 or

GPS coordinates: 28.48.043N-----81.43.655W

SHOW REGISTRATION

On Line Registration will be available at the Sunnyland website www.acbs-sunnyland.org beginning January 1, 2014. On line registration is the most efficient, however you can receive a paper registration form by calling Bill or Kathleen Root at 352-324-6010.

PAYMENT

Payment may be made on line using PayPal or by check on United States banks only. Unfortunately we are no longer able to accept checks on foreign banks for registration or ship’s store purchases due to the excessive processing fees being charged by our local banks. We truly regret any inconvenience this may cause our many Canadian friends. We value your participation in our show, and hope you will take advantage of PayPal to handle your registration payments.

On behalf of the Sunnyland Chapter of ACBS, we welcome you and your families to this historical and charming community. We certainly look forward to seeing all of you at this Spectacular Boating Event.

Sincerely,

Terry Fiest

Chairman

");
SeaSkiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSkiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2014 at 8:21pm
Scott Martin and Jay Fleck from Iowa and Minn. will be bringing the 1948 Utility down, barring a blizzard here in the north country.!.!.!
Scott
Cheers!! Keep the tools sharp!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2014 at 10:08am
Okay guys, Here is what we organizers of SJRR 2014 need from you. We need to know WHO is going to have their boat in the Sunnyland Boat Show. Registration needs to be done with THEM by March 1, 2014 if you want to take advantage of the $40 registration fee. After March 1st it jumps to $75. I called and talked to someone with the show yesterday about the lunch BBQ cruise dinners and so forth and was told that it is usually limited to only those registered for the show. HOWEVER…… they may bend the rules and allow us to attend the dinners etc seeing as how Correct Craft is the feature boat and a large # of CCFans will also be down there doing our thing. It isn’t known at this point if they will and they will need to know how many boats will be in the show. So we can figure out what we are doing we need to know ASAP who’s gonna have their boat in the show. Once we know how many CC’s will be there then we can figure out what we are doing for dinner(s) for the weekend or make suggestions. IF you want your 1975 or older boat in the water display then you WILL need to be a ACBS member. Only those members will be allowed dock space and etc.

All we need on this thread is WHO is putting boats in the show and how many. Please post comments about all the other stuff on the other SJRR thread as we don’t need numerous threads on one gathering. If your showing then add your name to the list below:

boatdr- 2 boats
Gary S
81nautique
Jackiewdeen
martin&Fleck
bigwavedave
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2014 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Okay guys, Here is what we organizers of SJRR 2014 need from you. We need to know WHO is going to have their boat in the Sunnyland Boat Show. Registration needs to be done with THEM by March 1, 2014 if you want to take advantage of the $40 registration fee. After March 1st it jumps to $75. I called and talked to someone with the show yesterday about the lunch BBQ cruise dinners and so forth and was told that it is usually limited to only those registered for the show. HOWEVER…… they may bend the rules and allow us to attend the dinners etc seeing as how Correct Craft is the feature boat and a large # of CCFans will also be down there doing our thing. It isn’t known at this point if they will and they will need to know how many boats will be in the show. So we can figure out what we are doing we need to know ASAP who’s gonna have their boat in the show. Once we know how many CC’s will be there then we can figure out what we are doing for dinner(s) for the weekend or make suggestions. IF you want your 1975 or older boat in the water display then you WILL need to be a ACBS member. Only those members will be allowed dock space and etc.

All we need on this thread is WHO is putting boats in the show and how many. Please post comments about all the other stuff on the other SJRR thread as we don’t need numerous threads on one gathering. If your showing then add your name to the list below:

boatdr- 2 boats
Gary S
81nautique
Jackiewdeen
martin&Fleck
bigwavedave

juniorwoody 1 boat
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2014 at 12:07pm

Boat dr....1954 CC Starflite
Boat dr....1949 CC Dart
Gary S
81nautique
Jackiewdeen
martin&Fleck
bigwavedave[/QUOTE]
juniorwoody 1 boat[/QUOTE]
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2014 at 12:56pm

Boat dr....1949 CC Dart
Gary S
81nautique
Jackiewdeen
martin&Fleck
bigwavedave[/QUOTE]
juniorwoody...1960 Atom Skier
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2014 at 1:06pm

Boat dr....1949 CC Dart
Gary S
81nautique 1955 Hurricane
Jackiewdeen
martin&Fleck
bigwavedave
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2014 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Boat dr....1949 CC Dart
Gary S
81nautique 1955 Hurricane Towed by 2014 Grand Cherokee diesel.
Jackiewdeen
martin&Fleck
bigwavedave
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2014 at 2:45pm
[/QUOTE]
62 AquaSkier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 AquaSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2014 at 4:03pm
I will be bringing my 62 Aqua Skier down.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2014 at 4:17pm
Todd, I never saw that boat before, its beautiful. You say you ski behind it, where is the tow point? I see a pylon in the brochure, but can't see one in your diary pics...am I just missing it?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2014 at 5:58pm

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2014 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Todd, I never saw that boat before, its beautiful. You say you ski behind it, where is the tow point? I see a pylon in the brochure, but can't see one in your diary pics...am I just missing it?

Adam, That boat was at the Chicago boat show this past weekend, it is absolutely beautiful. Glad to see Todd will be making the trek.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 AquaSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2014 at 9:20pm
Adam, thanks for the kind words. The Aqua Skier I don't believe had the ski pylon. The Tournament Skier did. I am pretty sure they had the same hull design, but the Aqua had the rear seat. The tow point is the rear lifting ring.
I see you are from Cleveland area. Where abouts? My wife and in-laws are from Brecksville. We lived in Hudson for a couple of years as well.
Todd
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 5:16pm
Somehow missed these replies...Todd, I live right downtown Cleveland. Certainly know my way around Brecksville and Hudson.

Do you have any fears towing from the lifting ring?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 AquaSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 6:37pm
Adam,where do you ski in the area?
As far as using our lifting ring as the tow point, other than it is low, we have never had an issue with is. Then again we have not had someone on the back tearing it up either. I think as Alan said about his Hurricane, if someone took the ring off on a good run, so be it.I think that Mr. Ralph would be well pleased that our boats are still being used. Hope to meet him that weekend as well.
Hope to meet you at Mt. Dora, I will have space on board Friday as I am single handing it until the family get's in late Friday.
Todd
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by 62 AquaSkier 62 AquaSkier wrote:

Adam,where do you ski in the area?
Todd

Lake Dora is BIG, with plenty of space to ski.
Js
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 7:40pm
I will definitely take you up on a ride and even a pull if you're offering...you don't have to worry about me tearing anything up behind the boat, I do alright, but I am by no means an expert at anything. Right now the plan is to be on Lake Dora Friday. I'm sure somebody else can watch my boat while I'm off with you.

Jerry, I think he means by Cleveland. I spend time a few different places, Erie, Chippewa, a private spot in Ridgeville that I get on with a buddy any time I can, I've even been as far south as Berlin and Salt Fork. I don't have the best water around me, but I make due.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 AquaSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 8:31pm
Adam,
Sounds like a good plan to me.I would think with the CCF contingent down there, all of our boats are going to be in good hands.
Now if I can just get the snow to stop falling This is getting really old!
Todd
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 9:26pm
I heard that...luckily my boat is tucked away for the winter under the watchful eye of another CCF'r in NC.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by 62 AquaSkier 62 AquaSkier wrote:

The Aqua Skier I don't believe had the ski pylon. The Tournament Skier did. I am pretty sure they had the same hull design, but the Aqua had the rear seat. The tow point is the rear lifting ring.
Todd

Todd,
The Aqua was available with a pylon but as an option. DO NOT use the aft lifting ring for pulling skiers!! Sorry but you will eventually damage a beautiful boat. Install a pylon in the bulkhead between the fore and aft cockpits. Fabrication will be needed but it's easier than repairing damaged wood. Who told you you could pull skiers from the aft lifting ring???

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2014 at 10:51pm
Pete, I think he's been doing it since about 1962.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2014 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Boat dr....1949 CC Dart
Gary S
Jackiewdeen
martin&Fleck
bigwavedave
62 AquaSkier....62 Aqua Skier
ReidP....62 Classic
ReidP....69 Mustang
ReidP....70 Mustang (Rodney's Olive Oyl)
ReidP....71 Skier
ReidP....72 Skier (Rodney's Moody Blue)
ReidP....73 Mustang
JMurph....72 SN Promo

We've got our old boats cleaned up like never before, and like several others, have long been looking forward to the opportunity to more seriously promote the Correct Craft name as a viable and legitimate classic boat.   While I've been an ACBS member for years, and certainly a wooden boat fan, I'm as excited as anything to see the ever-increasing ACBS acceptance of vintage 'glass boats as bonafide classics. Thanks Billy and Tim for taking the reins on this!!
ReidP
1973 Mustang

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2014 at 4:35pm
CCFans. we need more people to commit to the Sunnyland show.. We need boats from 1975 and back, looks like 15 so far. Sure would like to see more wood but plastic is OK.
Reid has really stepped up to the plate with the number of boats that are following him South in late March.
The Suttons are bringing 2 wooden to the show, The 1949 Dart for land display and 1954 Starflite for water display and demo rides.

Help us make this show the "Talk of the Town"
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2014 at 4:53pm
First, let me apologize to Boat Dr. and Morfoot.
Although I had originally planned on show my boat on the water display on Friday, that is not going to happen now. I really wanted to support the whole idea and honor the CC Brand and the people who made it possible. However, the financial planning of the SJRR trip does not make displaying the boat a feasible part for showing only one day.
I too, plan to make the trek to see the lake and show on Friday, with or without my boat. Logistic to be worked out Thursday.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2014 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Boat dr....1949 CC Dart
Gary S

martin&Fleck
bigwavedave
ReidP....62 Classic
ReidP....69 Mustang
ReidP....71 Skier
ReidP....73 Mustang
JMurph....72 SN Promo

We've got our old boats cleaned up like never before, and like several others, have long been looking forward to the opportunity to more seriously promote the Correct Craft name as a viable and legitimate classic boat.   While I've been an ACBS member for years, and certainly a wooden boat fan, I'm as excited as anything to see the ever-increasing ACBS acceptance of vintage 'glass boats as bonafide classics. Thanks Billy and Tim for taking the reins on this!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2014 at 6:05pm

Boat dr....1949 CC Dart
Gary S
81nautique 1955 Hurricane
martin&Fleck
bigwavedave
ReidP....62 Classic
ReidP....69 Mustang
ReidP....71 Skier
ReidP....73 Mustang
JMurph....72 SN Promo
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2014 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

CCFans. we need more people to commit to the Sunnyland show.

but plastic is OK.

Great motivation with the use of a connotation

Which back row or shallow swamp will we be able to display our "Plastic" boats in?

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2014 at 5:33pm
All boats will be displayed "Front and Center at the show" be it wood or plastic or should I say GRP for you Quinner.
For you Quinner , there will be a special spot reserved for you.Details will be posted soon...Do you have a boat to enter or you just trying to stir the turd pot????
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2014 at 8:25pm
Chris,

We need boats from 1975 and back,

Wood or plastic, 75 and back is cool with the ACBS!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic