NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bucket test

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2014 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Even during/after skiing you never went above 125? Now we have another problem!

Yes, you need to check out the T stat if there's even one on the engine?!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2014 at 1:34am
Yes, I figured this was so. I'm sure there's a tstat. I put in 164 degree T stat a few years ago. It may be open all the time...I've got a new one ordered. Any other instruction?
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2014 at 1:35am
I guess it also could be temp gauge, but that's been fine up to now.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2014 at 4:50pm
164 degree, is it fuel injected?
Tim D
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2014 at 7:42pm
no. do you prefer the 143?
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2014 at 8:23pm
Carbureted engines run the 143. Fuel injected motors run the 160.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2014 at 1:29pm
Thermostat was rusted open. I decided this winter I'm going to replace a bunch of the cooling system. The water pump was definitely the problem...replaced. Now I have replaced the thermostat housing (upper and lower) and the elbow pipe. Everything is good now. Boat runs at 140 in the driveway--haven't put it in the water yet. Risers are cool to the touch after engine has warmed up. I'm happy with everything.

I've got manifolds and risers sitting in my garage. Will probably replace this spring, but may run the boat for a while first and see if there are any issues with them. The insides of my thermo housing were pretty corroded. Probably didn't have to replace, but glad I did. I'm guessing my manifolds look the same way.

Thanks for everyone's help. This is such a great forum.

peace out.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2014 at 1:50pm
Sounds like you need to get into the throttle more in that thing to keep the crap out of it ;).
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2014 at 4:26pm
Manifolds and risers - if not cracked or completely choked with corrosion, you should be able to use them. see how much you can clean and flush out of them, as long as there's a clear path there's not much more to them.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2014 at 6:09pm
If you're just a "warm it up in the driveway and suck up antifreeze" winterizer your manifolds are likely full of scale. Open up those drain plugs and let that crap out. You said your risers are cool so this might not even be an issue.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2014 at 6:15pm
+1. I like taking a look see inside. I have stored dry for 8 seasons now with no issues.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2014 at 6:24pm
I don't winterize. Garage kept and run every month of the year. However, it bothered me that my thermostat was rusted like it was. It was only a couple years old and even though the boat gets run often, it was still rusted.

I'll open plugs and take a look soon. Thanks.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2014 at 8:04pm
'The Works' toilet cleaner makes a good agent for cleaning out the manifolds if they are off the boat. All kinds of nasty crud came out of mine when I used that. Just plug the hose barb & pour it into the riser port. slosh it around & rinse after an hour.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic