NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blue Rub Rail!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blue Rub Rail!!!
    Posted: November-22-2019 at 5:18pm

This is what I bought for my 95 SNOB:
F92033 -- 50ft of uniflex rub rail
F779 -- 50ft black insert tubing

I dealt with Mark at Integrity Marine.

Several pictures of the rub rail in the linked thread.

www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40135&PN=2&title=1995-snob-winter-overhaul
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2019 at 12:32pm
Neighbor Friend needs to replace on his 98' SN.

Do you guy's know which rubrail is correct, per posts above it is either
F92021 Uniflex Rubrail with F725 Rub Rail Insert 1-1/2" x 1-3/8"
or should it be
F92033 Uniflex Rubrail with F779 Rub Rail Insert 1-11/16" x 1-7/16"

Additionally depending on which one are there any color insert option out there??
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2016 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Duane in Indy Duane in Indy wrote:

Use this to check Funny Car rear tires. They usually come in between 43 and 47

For those that are curious, that's between a pencil eraser which is shore A 40 and a average normal tire at shore A 60.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2016 at 8:10pm
Use this to check Funny Car rear tires. They usually come in between 43 and 47

Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
kylem428 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kylem428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2016 at 6:19pm

I reached out to integrity marine for color samples of their rubrail insert. It is 5/8 diameter and is part #725. Top is dark blue and bottom is laser blue. I think I'll be ordering laser blue for my teal striped super sport! I think it is 0.75/foot in a 50' roll.

Kyle
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2016 at 1:03am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by Blamey Blamey wrote:

Sucks they don't have the colour inserts anymore, even though I prefer the look of the black insert I like to keep things looking original. .

Isn't the insert plastic tubing? Blue tubing is available. McMaster has it. The challenge would be determining the durometer.

Yes it is, I have black MacMaster tubing as the insert in my rub rail. It works fine but is a little soft. They didn't have teal to match my original insert.
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2016 at 12:59am
Great stuff.

So happy this worked out. Can't wait to see it one the boat.
96 Super Sport
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2016 at 11:21pm
I got the rub rail in the mail today. It is the identical dimensions as the original. It even has predrilled holes. The rubber feels very high quality.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2016 at 1:07am
Originally posted by Blamey Blamey wrote:

Sucks they don't have the colour inserts anymore, even though I prefer the look of the black insert I like to keep things looking original. .

Isn't the insert plastic tubing? Blue tubing is available. McMaster has it. The challenge would be determining the durometer.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2016 at 5:39pm
I also thought it was made by Taco but noticed none of the taco rub rails had the same shape. The sites that did sell the replacement rub rail referred to it as 'Dual Durometer' so I googled 'Dual Durometer Rub Rail' and found Integrity Marine and they had the matching rail with inserts.

Sucks they don't have the colour inserts anymore, even though I prefer the look of the black insert I like to keep things looking original.

Thanks for calling and confirming. I was gonna post to suggest that just to be 100% sure it was correct.
96 Super Sport
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2016 at 4:37pm
Thanks for saving me a ton of money. I owe you a few beers.

FWIW, I spoke to Mark (integrity marine) for a few minutes and it seems that they have been making this stuff for a long time for CC and just started selling it direct a few months ago. I mentioned that I thought Taco was the OE manufacturer. He assured me they were not and much of there stuff came out of china. he was very knowledgeable and helpful. Hope this helps someone else. Great find Blamey!
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2016 at 1:55pm
That's great. Happy my investigation last week was fruitful.

I may just order one too. 250 is a great price. My rail isn't as bad as yours but a new one will really freshen up the boat.
96 Super Sport
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2016 at 12:09pm
Blamey,
I emailed integrity marine about the product. Here is the reply:

From: mark@integritymarinecorp.com [mailto:mark@integritymarinecorp.com]
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 9:43 AM
To: Ernest McCallum
Subject: Re: F92021 / F725 Uniflex Rubrail

Hi Ernest,
I manufactured the original rubrail for your Correct Craft. It is my F92033 with the F779 insert and I have it in black 50' coils and it would be $250 for the combination plus the UPS. I don't make the insert in any other color than the black but you could buy a rope insert if you wanted a specific color.
Regards,
Mark

I think I am going to give them a try. I am ok with a black insert. Price is right. Christines has gone up to $700 for the kit!
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2016 at 7:05pm
I was doing some digging and seeing if I could find some cheaper options for rub rails for my boat.

I managed to find these two products from Barbour Plastics.

F92021 Uniflex Rubrail.
F725 Rub Rail Insert

As far as I can tell these are the correct replacement Rub Rails and inserts for the 1987 to 2005 boats.

The F725 is the rub rail insert and is sold at http://www.integritymarinecorp.com/. Here is a link
Insert
Rub Rail

The insert comes in various colors including
Black, Dark Blue, Laser Blue, Charcoal Grey and Platinum.

Unfortunately the website doesn't give examples on the colors but the prices are low enough that somebody looking for a color insert may be willing to take a chance to see if they match the original colors..

Overall the cost is around half for the rail and insert what I have found elsewhere.
96 Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2015 at 11:13pm
Thank you Don.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2015 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I went to do it this summer. I did not like the fit, just way too loose. I was softer and gummier than original and it went down.

There's always next summer Gary.

These things happen as men age.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2015 at 12:13pm

I went to do it this summer. Got about 5 feet and did not like the fit, just way too loose. Combine that with it being softer and gummier than the original I felt up and down. I ended up putting the black one back in.

There's always next summer Gary.
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2015 at 11:17am
I do not have any pictures. The boat I installed the new insert tubing on almost 2 years ago is holding up well!
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2015 at 12:57am
Mine is holding up well. Looks good and I am happy with the results.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2015 at 11:44pm
I ordered the red and went to do it this summer. Got about 5 feet into it and did not like the fit, just way too loose. Combine that with it being softer and gummier than the original I felt like if I parked next to a pier post the insert could roll out with the up and down wave action. I ended up putting the replacement black one back in.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2015 at 10:32pm
Hi All,

Looks like nobody came back with an update on how this held up. Anybody got an update? I'm looking to replace the rub rail on my new to me Sport Nautique. .
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2014 at 5:45pm
Wow, look what I started... We need some pictures from the folks who have used this idea on their boats. Mine is still a little work away from seeing daylight, although a rogue 70 degree and sunny day in April here in the Seattle area has me ITCHING to get the carpet down and get this boat in the water!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2014 at 4:11pm
Thanks Steve but I'm all set. The new boat was missing the one that came on it and mounted on the windshield,I just needed the size to start my search
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2014 at 1:31pm

Scary thing is I knew exactly what he ment,must be a Midwest thing . Not to hijack Kevin,but do you have the original rear view mirror off of either boat? If so could you measure it for me and post a picture of it? Thanks

Gary, Do you need a dash mount bracket? Or a different one?
schultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2014 at 1:11pm
Installed the mc mastercarr pvc tubing yesterday , looks great and install was very easy around 30 min total job . Thanks again to ccfan guys for the info on mcmastercarr , saved over 100 bucks opposed to buying the "rub rail insert " from the usual nautique parts websites !
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2014 at 7:18pm
I ordered the black pvc tubing from McMaster today. I will post before and after pics soon.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
schultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2014 at 4:38pm
Just ordered the pvc tubing . Thanks for the info on mcmaster carr 43 bucks sure beats 140 from nautiqueparts.com. As far as uv fading I'm thinking use the 303 aerospace and good to go
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2014 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

If you like the color insert try to find rope in the desired color. The fade factor may be much less. I originally did this with black on my 98 but it looked like a fatter rub rail. I went to the traditional three braid white and like the look. It was one of the things I had missed when I moved up from an 87 to a 98. It looks like it was factory installed and retains the classic Correct Craft feel.

Kevin (harddock) - could you post some pictures of what this looks like on your boat? If my McMaster-Carr solution does not last long for some reason I would be curious to try your solution. If we had an idea of what it looks like on a newer boat that would be helpful. I'm glad you found a good solution.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2014 at 10:43pm
If you like the color insert try to find rope in the desired color. The fade factor may be much less. I originally did this with black on my 98 but it looked like a fatter rub rail. I went to the traditional three braid white and like the look. It was one of the things I had missed when I moved up from an 87 to a 98. It looks like it was factory installed and retains the classic Correct Craft feel.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2014 at 9:29pm
Looks good
This is the life
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic