Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

packing size

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: packing size
    Posted: March-28-2006 at 3:50pm
Does anybody know what size the packing is for the prop shaft on a 76 ski nautique? I don't want to dissasemble mine untill I have all the parts I need.

Rob
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2006 at 4:30pm
Rob,

According to skidim's catalog 3/16 is for "most" correctcrafts, I would call Vince at skidim and ask, I'm sure he'll have the answer, he knows just about everything there is to know on these boats.

Please post the outcome because I have to replace mine as well, see what he says about the Gortex packing, that's what I think I'm going to use until I can afford a dripless unit.
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2006 at 7:56am
I had a 66 Barracuda and now a 2000 SN both used 3/16 for the shaft log and 1/4 for the rudder
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2006 at 8:20am
I think that if you buy a couple of feet of both 3/16" and 1/4" you will only spend a few dollars and have enough packing to last the rest of your life.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic