NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Block heater caution

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Block heater caution
    Posted: January-17-2014 at 10:38pm
For those of you who live in colder climates and use a block heater I have to caution you about getting shocked. This has happened to me a couple times and then again last night plugging the diesel in. Coming home, the roads were wet with water and salt. I was plugging it in and got a pretty good shock. Evidently the salt water on the plug and connector is enough to conduct electricity!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2014 at 10:47pm
That's just too cold, I would have to hibernate.
This is the life
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2014 at 11:34pm
I always had mine on a timer so it was off when I got home to plug it in.This by the way is on my Jeep,since I was so close to work I thought it was best for the engine and for me too. My VW I would turn on 2 hours before I had to leave,the Jeep being inside about 1 3/4. I suppose a V8 takes longer to heat up?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2014 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I suppose a V8 takes longer to heat up?

Gary,
GM only put a 650 watt block heater in their 6.5. That's not much when the wind is blowing and the temp is low so I just keep it plugged in when it's in the driveway.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic