NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wrecking Crew has arrived

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 12:26am
Looks like a whole bunch of fun. Nice job Adam
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 12:43am
Just hit F12 John.

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 12:53am
more pics from the wrecking crew:

seascampers dock when we arrived..

HW & Bobby's beautiful 454 2001..

gettin' ready..

line-up of 2001's..

HW & Eddie & seascamper jr..

2 2001's..

nice water..

skied till we lost the sun..

end of a great day..

many thanks to seascamper & his family for a great day. What awesome hosts. Great to see Bobby & Tab. Thanx Bobby for letting me drive that beautiful boat. Thanks to HW & Adam for coming down to hang and last but not least..thanks to 'bout the best ski partner a guy could ask for..Eddie!

john

"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 9:15am
what fun! Really makes me eager to get this ski season started.

Nice job, Adam. Really good progress.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 9:48am
Thanks Steve...I got out of bed this morning and picked my foot up as soon as I set it down...them dogs is tender today!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 10:38am
Awesome pics. What lake is that?
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 10:47am
A few more
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 10:53am
Hey Jpass,
It is Lake Elbert Right next to Polk State College in Winter Haven.
Tom
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 11:03am
Great pics for sure.. Thanks for trying to warm us Northerners up a bit.. We may actually never thaw out this year...
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 11:36am
Hard to even imagine open water as our lake is about 20" of ice right now, lol.

Tom, is the water normally up to your piers?
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 11:41am
Looks like a great time you lucky dawgs.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by seacamper seacamper wrote:

[/IMG]
this one should be titled JBear taping up to give the youngsters a show
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 12:09pm
That really is an awesome picture, kind of everything that's fun about being on the water.

Glad you guys had such a great weekend!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 12:30pm
Love the lines of Eddie's boat. Classic. That photo reminded my of this one, from about 30 years ago, with our Magicman at the helm. You know, when you know how to have fun, don't mess with it.

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 12:37pm
I agree on the lines. I enjoy the sharper, harder, straighter lines of those boats as compared to a lot of curves and swoops on many of the new boats. It all goes in cycles.

What's the power on Eddie's boat? Seems to be plenty of speed, and no problem pulling up the double back deep.
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Ha! The guys were being kind NOT posting the actual picture of the dock. The previous owner (Who is on CCfan and had a sweet 72' and his son had a just as sweet 2001? Air Nautique) had moved to the property after 3 hurricanes passed over the city (Charlie, Jeanne, Francis) in 2004 and left the lakes extremely above their normal levels. I guess the dock builder, who was hurting for work, was able to convince the P.O. that the levels would remain high, so the dock was built. It now is at least 15-20' from the water and looks like an alpine ski ramp. Hollywood and Adam were daring each other to do a dock start, but they did not drink enough.
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 1:13pm
Larry, nice vintage shot. It's so funny how everyone was on the tournament skier band wagon back then. Now all those companies like Supreme only make wake boats since it's the popular trend.
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 3:05pm
man, the sound of those boats is really making me miss summer...thanks for posting!!
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 6:43pm
Lets see if I can do vids:
I guess not.
H'wood X 3
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
1999 Adventurecraft
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 7:08pm
don't feel bad Tom, me and HW were up late computering with JBear last night in the command center to get his pictures posted to...we musta had to hit F12 a dozen times.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 8:33pm
Great to see the action....thanks for posting the photos and video!
The world is full of youth—what we need is a fountain of smart!
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2014 at 11:14pm
Wow, what an awesome weekend!!! Thanks again to Tom/Connie for putting up with the Wrecking Crew. I feel like we invoked "squatters rights" but you welcomed us with open arms. Also to Bobby/Tab for joining in. That BB'86 is simply gorgeous. Adam, HW and John are just that, the Wrecking Crew!!! Thanks Tom for that moniker. I think it might stick.

I can't add anything to the pics or vids but I think what everyone has posted already pretty much says everything.

Pretty cool way to send HW and Adam back to the cold. See you guys again at SJRR and we can do it again.

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
86nautique454 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86nautique454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2014 at 12:06am
Yes it was great, thanks Tom/Connie for welcoming us as we invaded your beach. Thanks HW, Adam, John, and Eddie for teaching Tab and sharing your vast knowledge of footing with us. I'm looking forward to the SJRR and many other times to get together and have some fun on the water. Thanks HW and John for driving my boat, it was good to hear the compliments. Adam thanks for not driving or touching it (wrecking Crew). I'm glad it wasn't added to you list of broken boats this year. Lol.

Bobby
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2014 at 12:30am
[QUOTE=seacamper]

[/IMG]
/QUOTE]

"Honey..does this heater shirt make me look fat?"

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2014 at 12:33am
Originally posted by seacamper seacamper wrote:

Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Ha! The guys were being kind NOT posting the actual picture of the dock. The previous owner (Who is on CCfan and had a sweet 72' and his son had a just as sweet 2001? Air Nautique) had moved to the property after 3 hurricanes passed over the city (Charlie, Jeanne, Francis) in 2004 and left the lakes extremely above their normal levels. I guess the dock builder, who was hurting for work, was able to convince the P.O. that the levels would remain high, so the dock was built. It now is at least 15-20' from the water and looks like an alpine ski ramp. Hollywood and Adam were daring each other to do a dock start, but they did not drink enough.

hahahaha...if the northcoastidol (aka..Scott Monahan) would've been there..he would've wanted to try a 'flyer'.....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2014 at 12:36am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

don't feel bad Tom, me and HW were up late computering with JBear last night in the command center to get his pictures posted to...we musta had to hit F12 a dozen times.

I don't let just anyone in the command center...altho we will have to have the carpet cleaner guy back after Adam spent the evening in there..

still not sure what F12 does..

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2014 at 12:41am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

I don't let just anyone in the command center...altho we will have to have the carpet cleaner guy back after Adam spent the evening in there..

still not sure what F12 does..

Bobby is not only one smart guy..for his boat buying skills..ask him what he paid for that beautiful 2001..but also for the fact that he wouldn't let Adam near his ride!

uhh Eddie..you are just as much a part of the wrecking crew as the rest of us.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2014 at 7:08am
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

HW sez..'you gotta be a man to break Eddie's boat'...well Adam qualifies.

What exactly is Eddie's boat, can't see from the videos?

Thanks for posting all the pics and video, really fun to watch.

How about a long line barefoot battle between HW and Eddie, see who's left standing. My money would be on Eddie even though he's almost twice Kevin's age (sorry to point that out Eddie!).

Geez Dave,
Thanks for the confidence but after I did a lap bacerds, he promptly did three front. If he had to run at the speed I run, I might be able to get close I was certainly impressed, none the less. He's a really good footer too.

My boat is an '86 American Skier Barefoot originally with a 350 Chevy but now a 383 Stroker. It pulls pretty hard and that double LL back deep with HW was effortless. There's still plenty left to pull more.

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2014 at 10:33am
[QUOTE=backfoot100]Geez Dave,
Thanks for the confidence but after I did a lap bacerds, he promptly did three front. If he had to run at the speed I run, I might be able to get close I was certainly impressed, none the less. He's a really good footer too.

My boat is an '86 American Skier Barefoot originally with a 350 Chevy but now a 383 Stroker. It pulls pretty hard and that double LL back deep with HW was effortless. There's still plenty left to pull more./QUOTE]

That's sweet having the classic '86 look with the stroker in it, has to be fun to drive, probably on plane in about the time it takes to push the throttle forward.

As a current non-footer, I'm impressed with all 3 of you! You and HW are very cool to watch, but I also give a lot of credit to Adam putting it out there for all to see his progress. I'm hoping to learn this summer, have to find someone to give me a lesson to get things started in the right direction. I'm hoping my creaky surgical repairs are up to the task!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2014 at 10:47am
I tell you Adam did an amazing job. It's more fun for me personally seeing someone progress like he did over the weekend than it is to ski...well most of the time anyway...LOL.
Seeing a little thing that somebody's doing wrong, and then seeing the expression on their face after they correct it is a really satisfying experience for me. Even if they break boats in the process

Eddie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic