NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wrecking Crew has arrived

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2014 at 11:21am

I just enjoy watching you guy's do what you do BEST !!!!

See you guy's next month....
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2014 at 11:43am
Originally posted by 86nautique454 86nautique454 wrote:

Adam thanks for not driving or touching it (wrecking Crew). I'm glad it wasn't added to you list of broken boats this year. Lol.

Yet Bobby...yet.

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

I don't let just anyone in the command center...altho we will have to have the carpet cleaner guy back after Adam spent the evening in there..

still not sure what F12 does..

Yeah, sorry about that, I think those late night beer cans were in those new roundbottom cans...

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

uhh Eddie..you are just as much a part of the wrecking crew as the rest of us.

True dat.

Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

You and HW are very cool to watch, but I also give a lot of credit to Adam putting it out there for all to see his progress. I'm hoping to learn this summer, have to find someone to give me a lesson to get things started in the right direction. I'm hoping my creaky surgical repairs are up to the task!

Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

I tell you Adam did an amazing job. It's more fun for me personally seeing someone progress like he did over the weekend than it is to ski...well most of the time anyway...LOL.
Seeing a little thing that somebody's doing wrong, and then seeing the expression on their face after they correct it is a really satisfying experience for me. Even if they break boats in the process

Thanks guys...its certainly a good time when you have patient, capable drivers/instructors like I have been fortunate enough to enjoy over the last year. I don't have enough fingers on one hand to count all the people who have given me pointers or pulled me...Andy, Tim B, Joe, Tim C, HW, Larry, Jbear, Eddie...I'm sure my still waterlogged brain is forgetting somebody...not to mention everyone who's chipped in with words of wisdom or support on the barefoot thread.

All I can say for sure is I had a blast this weekend, and if anyone involved didn't, that's your own fault, cause the fun was there to be had!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2014 at 12:26pm
Good job Adam! Maybe for the next guy we just send him straight down to Eddie and get him right up on his feet, lol

Looking forward to being a part of the next FLA Demolition Crew at the end of next month!!
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2014 at 2:49pm
[/QUOTE]
Ha! The guys were being kind NOT posting the actual picture of the dock. The previous owner (Who is on CCfan and had a sweet 72' and his son had a just as sweet 2001? Air Nautique) had moved to the property after 3 hurricanes passed over the city (Charlie, Jeanne, Francis) in 2004 and left the lakes extremely above their normal levels. I guess the dock builder, who was hurting for work, was able to convince the P.O. that the levels would remain high, so the dock was built. It now is at least 15-20' from the water and looks like an alpine ski ramp. Hollywood and Adam were daring each other to do a dock start, but they did not drink enough. [/QUOTE]

Ok I might believe they did not do a dock start, but I will never believe they did not drink enough!!
Greg

86 BFN
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2014 at 6:59am
I am seriously and absolutely jealous of you guys right now...

I'm at the point where winter is getting too long and where I'm longing for spring...

But threads like this one are some help to get me through this sh*tty period on one hand, but also make me long for spring even more on the other hand

I really have to get my ass over to your neck of the woods John, if I just get the d*mn money saved...

Keep the video's and pictures coming!!

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2014 at 10:05am
Come on Kristof, just have one of your F16's run you over here, can't be more then a couple hour flight :)
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2014 at 11:06am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Come on Kristof, just have one of your F16's run you over here, can't be more then a couple hour flight :)

Nine and a half hour in a small cockpit? No thanks!
A run of two hours over here, yes sir! But being cramped in that small space for that long, no sir...

Our boys flew over to Yuma and Las Vegas last week for a three week training... They made a stop not far from New York, where they are obligated to take two days rest, before flying to the East coast...

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2014 at 8:01pm
it beats making the trip in the Nautique...
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2014 at 2:19pm
That looks like a great trip. I hope we can run it back in a month. Last year I got in the water once during the SJRR. I intend on making this year a little different.

Adam, you are inspiring me that maybe I can learn to barefoot too. I know you are little younger than me.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2014 at 2:42pm
You can do it with no problem John...I make everything way more difficult than it needs to be and I still managed to get on my feet, you'll be fine.

In fact, if I remember correctly, there was a guy at White Lake a couple years ago who was on his feet for a while. Kinda looks like you actually...

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2014 at 3:50pm
Thanks for posting. I've never seen myself from the boat before. Now I'm really motivated.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2014 at 4:16pm
John
never too late to learn how to barefoot!
I started flirting back in 2008 with 34 yo...2 years later i got hooked. Now with 39 I consider myself a barefoot yunkie!
I never though I would be able to do a back deep...now you got me doing surface turns both f2b and b2f...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2014 at 4:20pm
nice Face plant on the first vid! that awfull water for me, yet you were able to ski it.

Very good!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2014 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by JMurph JMurph wrote:

Thanks for posting. I've never seen myself from the boat before. Now I'm really motivated.
Just a couple weeks man, then you'll also have the expert tutelage of JBear, Eddie, and Hollywood...plus, you got farther in those videos on your first try than I did in months, you'll be longline by the end of the weekend!

bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2014 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

John
never too late to learn how to barefoot!
I started flirting back in 2008 with 34 yo...2 years later i got hooked. Now with 39 I consider myself a barefoot yunkie!
I never though I would be able to do a back deep...now you got me doing surface turns both f2b and b2f...
I'd listen to him if I were you...anyone who decorates his boat as well as Seb does has to be a wise man.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2014 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Just a couple weeks man, then you'll also have the expert tutelage of JBear, Eddie, and Hollywood...plus, you got farther in those videos on your first try than I did in months, you'll be longline by the end of the weekend!

That wasn't my first try, but I only seem to get to try at SJRR and White Lake events. No experienced drivers around when we're at the lake.

Seb,

I've still got you by a couple of years, but I'm not quite over the hill yet. I'm just not the athlete I thought I once was. I'm hoping for some good weather and water this year.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2014 at 6:21pm

That wasn't my first try, but I only seem to get to try at SJRR and White Lake events. No experienced drivers around when we're at the lake.

Seb,

I've still got you by a couple of years, but I'm not quite over the hill yet. I'm just not the athlete I thought I once was. I'm hoping for some good weather and water this year.
All that means is that while you're learning we need to be schooling up your wife or kids on how to pull you. How old are the boys? I can remember pulling my dad on longline deeps when I was in my early teens.

PS, nobody under 67 is allowed to claim "over the hill" status until my dad or Jbear give up, and I don't see that happening any time soon.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2014 at 6:58pm

That looks like a great trip. I hope we can run it back in a month. Last year I got in the water once during the SJRR. I intend on making this year a little different.

Adam, you are inspiring me that maybe I can learn to barefoot too. I know you are little younger than me.

Yep, give it a try, I started at 43, just a couple years younger then when Banana George started... But be ready, it is ADDICTING

Great show guys!
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2014 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

All that means is that while you're learning we need to be schooling up your wife or kids on how to pull you. How old are the boys? I can remember pulling my dad on longline deeps when I was in my early teens.

My boys are 7 and 9. My daughter is 12.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2014 at 7:48pm
Smooth water goes a long ways when learning. That looked pretty ***************ty there.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2014 at 8:13pm

My boys are 7 and 9. My daughter is 12.

Sounds like your wife wins...she'll be there in March?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2014 at 10:20pm

[/QUOTE]
JMurph,

[/QUOTE]

We talk about it, we see each other - but this is the summer John Murphy! I'm no Eddie but I can drive. Boom, long line at dawn and Pete I can pull a 18mph tube in the afternoon that needs to be seen.    
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2014 at 9:44am
HW...you're right that it wasn't the best water that day.

Adam...Jess will not be at the SJRR this year. I'm flying solo, which will also give me more time.

Andy...Let's coordinate when we're at the lake a little better this year. Sounds fun.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2014 at 5:01pm
Add JMurph to the hall pass/demolition crew team!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic