NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer wanted??

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2015 at 8:02am

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
wetskier2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetskier2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2015 at 2:39pm
We towed 3500-4000 miles in 2 weeks with the Nautique on the new-to-us Owen's and sons aluminum "SlideOn" trailer... The trailer is a 1998 model that I put new breaks, tires and lights on when I got it last fall. I also replaced the winch stand with carpeted pads on an upright the same as was on the old Ramlin so we could drive the boat on the same way. I built the carpeted upright myself and powder coated it in a buddy's shop. (which was very cool, BTW).

The new trailer towed FLAWLESSLY!! The Nautique sits 4 or 5 inches higher on the Owen's over the Ramlin, but we saw no ill effects from that at all... The tandem axle was a dream to tow. It essentially removed the trailer pushing the truck around altogether. The steering wheel could be held with a much lighter hand which is very welcome when towing 6-900 miles in one day!

The trailer also is considerably skinnier than the Ramlin which makes it much easier to keep in it's lane as well as maneuver on tight Olga, FL streets. The downside to this is that the fenders only protrude a few inches from the hull so they are less effective as a step where the Ramlin offered the full fender width to get in and out of the boat when it's loaded on the trailer. It's not a big deal as long as you are conscious of it. On the other hand, I did miss the carpeted areas that are on the Ramlin that run from the trailer fender to the transom area, but only once so far..

All in all, I give the Owen's and Sons aluminum I beam trailer THREE THUMBS UP!!!!

Current: 1997 Nautique

Previous: 1987 Nautique

1964 American Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic