Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

can this hurt or help

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
shorty52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can this hurt or help
    Posted: February-26-2014 at 6:13am
I have a 1978 dodge jamboree motor home, that has been sitting for the past 2.5 years and i was told by a friend who is ase certified and he said that i should fill the motor with desile fuel and let sit 24 hours then drain the oil change filter and refill motor oil and change plugs wires condenser cap and rotor points crank the motor over by hand 3or 4 times then start and drive can tis be true???????
Peace Uncle Mike
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2014 at 7:23pm
Don't see how it would hurt.

I'd try to turn it over with a ratchet on the crank bolt.

If you can(the engine isn't froze)charge the battery, disconnect the coil so it won't start.

Drain the gas put in fresh, check the fluids.

Turn the engine over with the starter for 15 seconds let it rest and repeat (DON'T over heat the starter) till you see oil pressure on the gauge or open the oil fill on the valve cover and look for oil at the rockers.

Start it.

Do a oil change after about 15 minutes and it should be good to go.    
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

staywithmegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staywithmegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2014 at 11:42pm
Bro, you are great, and i know a nice web site please check this

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ST79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2014 at 11:57pm
This is called pickling usually done when a boat sinks. 2.5 years I think fogging oil in the spark plugs turn it over by hand should be enough just my opinion.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic